+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazing Race for education...

TAR3 Teams in Queens

Teams from "The Amazing Race 3" spent some time with the kids last Friday at P.S. 225 in Rockaway, Queens, and with good reason - two teachers from the school, Amy Wallach and Victoria Argis, devoted their curriculum to "The Amazing Race." The teachers schooled their students in geography, culture, relationships, math and more, based on the show. Last Friday was "Amazing Race Day" at the school, with the kids running their own races, eating food from different countries and more. "Amazing Race 4" premieres later this spring.

Meanwhile, "Amazing Race 3" runners- up Ken and Gerard will be racing to lose weight, along with several other "Race" hopefuls, on today's "Caroline Rhea Show" (10 a.m./Ch. 55, 12:35 a.m./ Ch. 7), hosted by Caroline Rhea. The show is holding its "Amazing Waist" contest, with the team losing the least amount of weight each week eliminated from the competition.

I think that's a great tie-in from the show to educate children in school. There's so much to be learned from the cultures, places, etc. that TAR travels to.

I agree John, thatis pretty cool!
    to the teachers
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I love when the teachers come up with interesting ways to get children to learn. The kids have so much fun that they do not even know they are studying. That is my kind of learning. Wish I had teachers like that inschool. I hope I am that kind of teacher for my kids.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

I think that's a really good way of captivating a child's attention.Lessons become so much more fun.

Leo
    Premium Member
    Great idea - and maybe the kids can make their parents watch TAR4!

lol_its_fun

Re: TAR3 Teams in Queens

Originally posted by John
    Last Friday was "Amazing Race Day" at the school, with the kids running their own races, eating food from different countries and more. "Amazing Race 4" premieres later this spring.
    I wish there is an " Amazing Race " day at work...lol

But isn't it funny one side these children are eating buffet, and the other sides these guys are trying to lose weight....oh well who cares, just don't make me wait too long for TAR4. PLEASE! PLEASE!

FORT Fanatic

Amazing Race for education...

"READING, WRITING AND "AMAZING RACE": On Jan. 17, Zach Behr, one of the winners of THE AMAZING RACE 3, visited the sixth grade class at PS 225 in Rockaway, New York, which used the series to teach their students lessons in geography, culture, relationships and mathematics. With the school in Rockaway as an example, CBS is now looking into ways that THE AMAZING RACE 4, now in production, can be presented for use as a study guide in schools across the country.

[IMG]images/stor/ar3-zach1.jpg[/IMG]
    ScreencapCentral.com
    --Brian S.

Brian, thanks for that amazing info. Maybe with that kind of positive added publicity, the show will really take off this time!
    Watch out, It's a stampede!

Thanks so much for that Brian.
    I think it's a wonderful idea to try and use TAR as a teaching aide.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast