+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Remaining TAR6 episodes

Remaining TAR6 episodes

We just saw Leg 8 on Jan 18.

There are reports of 2-hr finale on Feb 8.

This is confusing. There have always been 13 Legs in the past TARs.

Working backwards...
    If Feb 8 = Legs 12 and 13.
    Then Feb 1 = Leg 11.
    And Jan 25 = Leg 10.

But Jan 25 will be Leg 9.

What gives?
    (a) There will only be 12 Legs instead of "standard" 13 Legs.
    (b) There will be another 2-hour episode other than the finale.
    (c) The finale date is wrong and it will actually be Feb 15, one week later.

Anyone?
    There are three cigars in the humidor --- My yo-yo has no string --- Isn't that rather misshapen?
    It's supposed to bend that way, I'm Italian! --- I bring new meaning to the phrase 'Blown out of proportion'! --- My puzzle has one piece missing

Thanks, TAR4 ATC Dave and TAR4 ATCSteve!

Maybe we should consider Budapest as two legs in one?

Maybe because the leg that Lori & Bolo missed the train on was essentially two legs made into one? If memory serves correct (which it rarely does for me) there were two sets of road block and detour for that leg which aired on two separate weeks.

Leo
    Premium Member
    I'm leaning towards only 12 legs, or the Budapest two-leg explanation.

Consider: we have five teams left. Assuming a finale episode with one elimination leg (like TAR 5) and no two-leg, two-hour episodes, we have three possible elimination points , but with one NEL left that leaves us with the standard three teams in the running for the final prize. You can't add another leg without cutting the finish to only two teams, and that's not likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper
    Maybe because the leg that Lori & Bolo missed the train on was essentially two legs made into one? If memory serves correct (which it rarely does for me) there were two sets of road block and detour for that leg which aired on two separate weeks.

I don't think there were two sets of D/RB -- I'd have to check back. Plus, there was only ONE PitStop, which is what really defines a Leg.

But, I agree that the "12 Leg scenario" seems most likely.
    There are three cigars in the humidor --- My yo-yo has no string --- Isn't that rather misshapen?
    It's supposed to bend that way, I'm Italian! --- I bring new meaning to the phrase 'Blown out of proportion'! --- My puzzle has one piece missing

Thanks, TAR4 ATC Dave and TAR4 ATCSteve!

Amazing Race whore
    Yes, there's only 12 legs. There WERE two sets of detour/roadblocks in that part.

Plus, there's another hint: In the first 5 seasons, at the starting line, somewhere during his speech, Phil says "There are 13 legs in this race, and along the way, blah blah". But, I went back and rewatched the first part of this season's premiere (I have all the eps on tape so far), and he never said that. He only said "You will need to complete a series of tasks along the way" or something like that. Never said 13 legs like usual.

That Budapest leg was probably our answer to our question of how there can be only 3 non-elims on the entire race when previously there was 4.

Not sure about legs...Final date is definitely Feb. 8th though.

FORT Fan
    According to CBS, the Hungary legs were counted as 2.

+ Reply to Thread