+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: 01/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Sorry, Broadway. I know what you're saying, and others have the same thought, but I'm at a point of viewing Kendratalk through the prism of whats been uttered before.

Taken by themselves, "I'd like to take you home" kind of statements are innocuous, but I'm not extending Kendra the courtesy of examining her statements separately at this point. Setting her Senegal comments aside, I wouldn't have posted as I did about her response to the child were it not for her earlier response this episode to discovering that she was headed 'down south' again. After that, everything she did was worthy of a critical eye as to intent with no automatic assumption of at the very least neutrality that I'd give to another who hadn't dropped down the respect scale.

Do I have it in for Kendra? I don't believe so, or at least I'm not losing any sleep over her antics. She's just a lightning rod for responses at the moment, so I'm posting about her, as much in response to other posters impressions than to her individually.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
    Do I have it in for Kendra?
    Yeah, you do. You really do, Leftcoaster.
    I have a feeling that your first impression of Kendra was so bad that anything that she has done or anything she has said after that first impression has been fitted to match your first impression of her.
    C'mon, give her a break She's only 25, inexperienced and insensitive, but she's not as bad as you say she is. At least I think.

FORT Regular
    I like Kendra i think she was fine. Dakar is gorss Its the truth. I have to be honest i would have had the same reaction had i went. I cant critisize her when i would have been the same. And i think there have been much worse. Like Colin was i think 10x worse in Tanzania.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemon
    Yeah, you do. You really do, Leftcoaster.
    I have a feeling that your first impression of Kendra was so bad that anything that she has done or anything she has said after that first impression has been fitted to match your first impression of her.
    C'mon, give her a break She's only 25, inexperienced and insensitive, but she's not as bad as you say she is. At least I think.
    After posting that last reply to what Broadway had said, and then realizing I'd only opened another screen to check a quote for post on another thread I was fixing up for my girl Kendra, I'm beginning to think your first sentence has a grain of truth to it, so I'll be dialing it back a notch or four until the next opportunity she provides for those like me to misunderstand her.

Your following feeling is somewhat misplaced, however. Kendra wasn't really even registering on my radar screen until her comments in Senegal, and even then its mostly because other posters started flocking to her that I began to crank out responses.

I still expect to be entertained in a bad way by Kendra in the future, but until she does so I'll leave it with what I've already posted and not go into a full blown repeating myself mode.

Thanks for the attitude check. And I mean that sincerely.

FORT Fogey
    Plus, that's why I included her Insider comments where she is even more moved by the experience and says that she was WRONG to be so judgemental just because her experience was bad in Senegal. Miss Kendra is growing up before our very eyes. Sorta. I hope. Probably would make it easier for Freddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Cutie
    Miss Kendra is growing up before our very eyes. Sorta. I hope. Probably would make it easier for Freddy.
    This passage of yours really made me grin, Lil_Cutie. Sorry if I misread, but there's no ill intent, and regards a rememberance, not Kendra.

It was the qualifiers that brought on the grin, because I recalled crafting potential posts (one nightmare in particular) where I'd started out saying something positive, like you did, offered a qualifier, then another, and when I finally snapped out of my fugue state the slippery slope had reached the stage where my then current line was something approximating "and then the motherloving pile of sheepdip had the unabashed gall to..."

"Sorta. I hope...."

I'm still grinning

I wasn't surprised that Jonathan and Victoria lost. This couple had so much internal fighting that eventually that was going to bite them in the butt and it did, they may a very common mistake and did not read the directions carefully and only took one donkey not two. But then there would have been 4 asses on the road instead of three. It is very easy to hate this couple and you really get pissed off with them that they were that gracious after Phil told them they were eliminated.

When Rebecca and Adam yielded Hayden and Aaron could Hayden and Aaron in turn have yielded Jonathan and Victoria. I mean if I had been yielded and I was in a 2 or 3 way race for the last position I would definetly yielded the team behind me. Anybody know????

FORT Regular
    (They yielded Freddy and Kendra, not Hayden and Aaron.) Don't the rules say that only one team can be yielded each time a yield is available?

FORT Regular
    Only one team can use a yield, and they can only do it once.

Thanks for the info.

Sorry, I still can't tell the difference between Freddy/Kendra and Hayden/Aaron, all these skinny model types look the same to me.

+ Reply to Thread