+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: 01/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leew261
    Yes, Freddy and Kendra finished before Adam and Rebecca, making the yield useless except to create bad feelings between the two teams that were involved.
    Adam and his guide must have blundered pretty badly for Freddy to catch up. Any know exactly how much time he lost? It would be interesting to see if Fred and Kendra decide to yield Adam back.

Quote Originally Posted by manicorganic
    I believe that is her racism showing its dirty self. If I have her correctly sussed out, her thoughts were along the lines of "These adorable and obedient children deserve so much more than to live in this 3rd world hell - albeit with fatter livestock than Dakar. They should get to come live with ME and enjoy all of the fruits of modern civilization - McDonald's, Nintendo, ADD, you know - the GOOD things in life!"
    I disagree. Kendra bonding with the children (in my eyes) was out of real affection for them. I sensed no ill-will or calculated thinking behind it. I think most people were charmed by the children, and she was no different.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by quangtran
    Kendra bonding with the children (in my eyes) was out of real affection for them. I sensed no ill-will or calculated thinking behind it. I think most people were charmed by the children, and she was no different.
    Was it just me or was it a little creepy when she said she wanted to take one home with her?

FORT Regular
    The vibe I got from her was "these little African children are wonderful -- I think everyone should own one!"

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PJO1966
    Was it just me or was it a little creepy when she said she wanted to take one home with her?
    Mothers use that term all the time when seeing cute children, but the again, people see that as creepy too.
    Now Jonathan "kidnapping" a random local, that was kind of creepy.

FORT Fan
    Yes, but didn't Freddy finish the Road Block BEFORE Adam, despite being Yielded? I don't remember the order they arrived at the Pit Stop.
    That's true, to my recollection, Freddy did complete it first. I guess that's because Adam allowed himself to be lead up out of hte church area where the worshippers are, and over to where the monks lived (isn't that where that child said they were going, where the monks live?)

I don't understand how A&R could have made it there before F&K, but I believe that they did. Ultimately, because of Adam's blunder, the Yeild didn't do them much good. But I can still see the reasoning behind doing it to F&K.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by quangtran
    I disagree. Kendra bonding with the children (in my eyes) was out of real affection for them. I sensed no ill-will or calculated thinking behind it. I think most people were charmed by the children, and she was no different.
    Those kids certainly were charming. You'd have to have a heart of stone to resist them!

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by manicorganic
    That's true, to my recollection, Freddy did complete it first. I guess that's because Adam allowed himself to be lead up out of hte church area where the worshippers are, and over to where the monks lived (isn't that where that child said they were going, where the monks live?)

I don't understand how A&R could have made it there before F&K, but I believe that they did. Ultimately, because of Adam's blunder, the Yeild didn't do them much good. But I can still see the reasoning behind doing it to F&K.
    From the Cali recap

1. Hayden and Aaron, receiving a vacation in Mexico.
    2. Lori and Bolo
    3. Jon and Kris
    4. Freddy and Kendra
    5. Adam and Rebecca
    Basically, if Adam & Rebecca hadn't Yielded Freddy & Kendra, they would most definitely be starting the next leg in last place. If they had instead yielded The Anti-Christ and his Bride, they would have wasted the Yield because J&V were already in last place. I'm not assuming that this much thought got past Adam's HellBoy horns, that's just the way it played itself out.

Sounded to me like something you hear children saying when they encounter something adorable at a petting zoo; which does not mean that I believe she considered the children cute little critters rather than human, but that her reaction, when piled atop her previous statements, sounded to me that she was jazzed to have encountered what would be an acceptable keepsake from her travels in Africa, unlike the previous specimens she'd just as soon purge from her memory.

I don't care how moved one is at those they encounter, you can acknowledge that without verbalizing it in a manner which sounds as if they (or you) would be better off if they were removed from their own environment and transpanted to yours.

Thats how I view things in general, not specifically relating to Kendra alone.

I was just going to post Kendra's age, but decided to do everyone's for comparison.

Kris - 30
    Jon - 29
    Freddy - 35
    Kendra - 25
    Aaron - 25
    Hayden - 25
    Lori - 32
    Bolo - 38
    Rebecca - 29
    Adam - 5 (I mean) 27

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
    I don't care how moved one is at those they encounter, you can acknowledge that without verbalizing it in a manner which sounds as if they (or you) would be better off if they were removed from their own environment and transpanted to yours.
    Awwwwwww... c'mon. There are SO many things to pick on Kendra for... this just isn't one of them.

As quang mentioned above, there are so many mothers (or lovers of small children) that say that very same thing quite often... and it certainly doesn't mean that we want to take the child out of their environment and into our own. If I say that to my neighbor's child, does that then mean that I think my neighbor is a child abuser and their child would have a better life with me in my home? Heck no!

Hmmm... another phrase that I've heard mothers or, again, lovers of small children say in the very same situation (typically with children that have adorably large cheeks) is "Oh, I could just eat him up!" Now does that mean that the person that made the remark is a cannibal? Does that mean that said person thinks the child is useless as a child and would be better off as a food product? Silly analogy, I know... but I say it because they are just phrases, people. I feel very safe in saying that Kendra meant absolutely nothing behind it other than she thought the kids were adorable!

Now back to Kendra being an elitist (which I think she is.. right along with being ignorant. )

+ Reply to Thread