+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: 01/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious_Viewr
    The Kendra bashing may be a lost cause at this point. People who consider her racist will not let up on that - barring some divine opportunity of redemption for her....Jonathon's pandering & posturing actions in Africa make for an easy target as ugly behavior yet it seems more people are ready to jump on Kendra for her poorly chosen words.

Actions speak louder than words and Kendra has DONE nothing to make me jump to the conclusion she's a racist. If anything...she's shown at least an attempt at understanding with good intentions.
    Quote Originally Posted by PsykoKat
    I think Kendra did some growing in this episode. I hope that its for real, and she really is expanding her mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by haerpino
    Kendra's little "transformation" is almost as repulsive as her initial behavior. It's nice that she is changing her mind about these countries, but the reasons are just as delusional and ignorant as her reasons for finding Senegal vile.

Bashing aside, seeing as I equate bashing as something that happens primarily due to who a person is, and not due to what they've done, I'd agree with Vicarious_Viewr about Kendra and the way some people do and will continue to perceive her as "a lost cause." Even were she presented with a divine opportunity of redemption, it wouldn't erase what's already been said, and when and if she undergoes something akin to a "transformation" like haerpino notes, I'll be comparing that with previous behavior that conflicts with it, wondering about which is the sincere sentiment.

Personally I saw no conflict with her early utterances this week and what she had to say later; they seemed two sides of the same coin to me.

I don't feel like I'm overwought about her to the point of being blind to her good side, but all the quotes above leave me wishing for some elaboration by the posters so I can check my attitude against others perceptions.

Vicarious_Viewr states "she's shown at least an attempt at understanding with good intentions", PsykoKat states "I think Kendra did some growing in this episode", and haerpino states "It's nice that she is changing her mind about these countries".

Understanding (or the attempt), growth, and allowing for change sounds positive enough to me, but I've missed where exactly it occured. For me it was as much the twisted look she gave as well as the words themselves which summed up her thoughts about being headed back south of the Mediterranean. Just imagine for a moment what visual and verbal joy Kendra may have expressed if the producers had opted for the twist of revisiting Senegal. Things turned out not to be as sucky (apparently) as she expected, so we didn't see unfortunate speech from her, but is that a credit to her, or just the fact that Ethiopia (or at least the part visited) didn't surpass her maximum tolerable disqust threshold?

Asia awaits, and it'll be interesting to see how Kendra responds.

Quote Originally Posted by Caponedawg
    JOhnathon is upset at Victoria because the travel agent's computer was broke. SOmehow it's Victoria's fault.

But of course...that is, after all, Victoria's Secret

I found the church and the crosses to be amazing. (my daughters now want crosses like those)

A & R need to get away from each other. I have a feeling they are both nice people who are clearly so wrong together. He did have a point about sharing information, but on the other hand I can see R trying to make alliances.

J & V, what can I say? I'm so glad his nasty abusive rear end is off my TV screen. I hope V gets counseling and I hope to never hear from either of them again.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Sweatpea I loved your post ... I was going to quote it, but I'd wind up quoting the whole thing

Quote Originally Posted by haerpino
    ..... love for the children of Ethiopia..whom she appeared to love simply because they carried her backpack!
    That's what I found interesting... Yeah, it may have been editing ...but it sure looked like she only likes people who can do something for her...

I do hope she cringed when she watched herself a few weeks ago.... The is hope... always.... except for Jonathon
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Fan
    Tonight's episode was great. One of my favourite, very exciting night though I already know the results by the spoilers.
    When Jonathan and Victoria was Philiminated, I first thought J would yell and scolded V, like Alison and Donny in last episode. But when V cried and J hugged her, that was the only scene I feel they looked like a couple.

Quite worrying about Rebecca and Adam's situation.
    How can they survive in the remaining legs?
    1. They have too many arguements. In my opinion, I think Adam is right because Rebecca shouldn't reveal the info to Kris and Jon.
    2. But on the other hand, they shouldn't listen to Jonathan and Victoria by yielding Kendra and Freddy. Because compared to K/F. J/V is a stronger team.
    3. The team has nothing left. No yield and FF on hand. Moroever, K/F must fight back if they have the yield on hand.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by mommymack
    Let me just say, that I am very tired of Rebecca. I think she is the abuser in that relationship. Adam called her on a real mistake she made in the game, and she blew up and said he was horrible (i.e. worse than Jonathan--not possible!!!). She berates him constantly over little things. I understand that he isn't the most manly man around, but he puts up with way more from her than she does from him...just my opinion
    Totally agree. Definitely she is the stronger one in the team, but it doesn't mean that she is the best to control everything in the race. I know a lot of people don;t like Adam because he's still not mature. But this is not his fault. It is something about his background/ education.
    I can see he wants to contribute to the game, although sometimes he can't work it out. But at least he would like to try. He applied for the show. He wanted to know how to order ticket in last episode (and he succeeded in finding a faster flight in this episode).
    He tries to remedy the worst situation no matter how dump his method is, but on the other hand, Rebecca always threats to stop the game nearly in every episode.
    SO I woulf like to say. I like Adam much more than Rebecca

woooohoooo What wonderful news to wake up to. I haven't watched the episode yet. It's on my DVR just waiting for me. I may have to watch the ending a dozen times b/f leaving for work. I'm sure my patients will understand why I'm late.

What a wonderful day it will be.

toothdoc

[QUOTE=nlmcp]I found the church and the crosses to be amazing. (my daughters now want crosses like those)

A & R need to get away from each other. I have a feeling they are both nice people who are clearly so wrong together. He did have a point about sharing information, but on the other hand I can see R trying to make alliances.

I agree about the church and crosses. I was mesmerized by that Church and those crosses were soooooooo beautiful. I said to my hubby while watching, oh, too bad they don't get to keep those crosses.

About A & R with sharing info. Adam got so made at Rebecca for sharing info on the flight, but later he gave even MORE info to Lori and Bolo. Why was it okay for him to do it but not Rebecca??
    FP

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by fairyprincess
    About A & R with sharing info. Adam got so mad at Rebecca for sharing info on the flight, but later he gave even MORE info to Lori and Bolo. Why was it okay for him to do it but not Rebecca??
    Even Rebecca agrees that K/J is a strong team and so they give the info to Bolo/ Lori.
    I guess, after the airport event (rebecca gives the info to K/J), Rebecca and Adam finally make a deal and consider their situation clearly and try to help a weaker team to sign on the first charter flight.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by helpmeturnitoff
    Last week def had some major editing! If J&V arrived at 2:18 and H&A at 2:5?, they couldn't have been right behind J&V like it was implied.
    Good catch. While walking toward the pit stop last week, Victoria yelled to Jonathan that Hayden and Aaron were right behind them. The camera showed an angle from the front of Jonathan with a view down the hill past him, but did it actually show H&A in the background?

Someone who has re-watched the show probably already knows the answer to that question. I'm guessing Victoria saw something she thought was H&A but was not (another similar cab, perhaps, but not with H&A on board).

If they weren't that close, CBS did a nice job editing it to appear close and Victoria hooked them up with that comment. It was rather impossible to make last night's finish appear close.

On the yield, Jonathan was yelling to Adam that he should yield Freddy and Kendra. Adam is just the type to not have the fortitude to stand up to Jonathan, get overwhelmed by the pressure and cave in.
    Last edited by LastTrain; 01-19-2005 at 12:40 PM.

+ Reply to Thread