Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Amazing Race 7 to premiere March 1

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

The Amazing Race 7 to premiere March 1

From Zap2It:

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve...015|1|,00.html

Seventh 'Amazing Race' in Starting Gate at CBS
    (Tuesday, January 18 11:00 AM)
    LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) Viewers won't have long to wait between heats of "The Amazing Race."
    CBS said Tuesday (Jan. 18) at the TV Critics Association winter press tour that the seventh edition of the Emmy-winning competition will make its debut Tuesday, March 1 -- only three weeks after the current race finishes.

That's an unusually short break between installments of a reality show. "Survivor" typically has a couple of months between its two editions each season on CBS, and other competition-based shows like "American Idol" and "Big Brother" run only once per season. An exception is "The Bachelor" franchise on ABC, which has shorter runs than the others.

CBS Entertainment president Nina Tassler says the ratings momentum the current "Amazing Race" has generated -- it's posted big improvements for CBS in its 9 p.m. Tuesday timeslot -- justified the quick turnaround on the next installment. The timing also means the seventh race will carry into May sweeps.
    "The Amazing Race 6" will conclude with a two-hour finale on Tuesday, Feb. 8. A Dr. Phil special and a "One Day at a Time" reunion show will fill the time period on the two Tuesdays between the finale and "The Amazing Race 7's" premiere.
    Of course, CBS did push the premiere of TAR6 back twice, so this could change.

All I can say is

I hope this doesn't change!
    Wrigleys Doublemint Gum....double your pleasure, double your fun!

FORT Regular
    Wow i was thinking more like april so it does not conflict with any two hour AI episodes, adn i also assumed all the extra Wikely Perfect epsiodes were going to move to Tuesday for teh start of Survivor, i guess i was wrong.
    But i am still happy

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    *does happy dance*

woo hoo

I really will try not to get my hopes up too high, simply because they do seem o push dates bak all the time, but this would be awesome
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Here's an article from the futon critic that also lists March 1 as the premiere, and says it will be 2 hours again.

The next 11 teams ready to globetrot the world are at the starting gate awaiting the official start of the seventh edition of the Emmy Award-winning THE AMAZING RACE, which begins on Tuesday, March 1 with a special two-hour premiere episode (9:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT).

Chip and Reichen#1 chipnreichenfan's Avatar
    Wow, This is great news
    The greatest gift is to love and to be loved in return..The Moulin Rouge

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    wonderful news!!

But I'm shaking my head at the One Day at a Time reunion??? I'd rather watch paint dry

How amazingly wonderful! Even if this gets pushed back, it's still not much of a wait at all! As far as I'm concerned, CBS can keep churning out these shows as quickly as they want. I certainly won't complain.

W00T! More TAR!

I think this is an extremely bad move on CBS's part.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast