+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Amazing Race 7 to premiere March 1

Leo
    Premium Member

Too close to the current season. Let the hunger for the show build for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo

Too close to the current season. Let the hunger for the show build for a while.
    Exactly that.

Even the time between the Apprentice 2 and 3 is longer than this, and I still think that the cooldown between those two is still pretty short. But, if CBS wants to milk TAR for what it's worth, the power to them, but this could end up becoming real stale real quick.

Eh.. i'm sure we can count on pushback time. I can see CBS getting all giddy about great ratings and trying to start the new season right away, but they'll probably get cold feet.

Who, me?
    The sooner the better. The sooner the memory of this race edition can be overwritten, the better.

If it starts on the heels of this edition, my Tuesday nights were still more apt to be TAR than not. I hated this race edition so much and don't look forward to the cast of the next one that I wasn't going to spend a lot of time looking for it if it ever came back in some more distant scheduling point.

This rapid cycle pretty much assures me watching at least the premiere.

FORT Fan
    Co eagar to know who the competitors are, but of course, no more J type of contestants

FORT Regular
    But they're really making us wait an extra week for the One Day at a Time reunion? Really? Gee... I can't wait to see what Glenn Scarpelli looks like these days...

:rolleyes

FORT Fogey
    I would think they'd need to start either March 1, OR wait until after the NCAA tournament wraps up the first week of April, so depending on when those men's games are (some must be on Tuesdays?) this may be just getting our appetite's whet before the March Madness hiatus...

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1
    I would think they'd need to start either March 1, OR wait until after the NCAA tournament wraps up the first week of April, so depending on when those men's games are (some must be on Tuesdays?) this may be just getting our appetite's whet before the March Madness hiatus...
    The tournament games are always Thursday thru Sunday until the Final Four which is Saturday and Monday. In other words, there will be no conflict with TAR. Survivor on the other hand will probably move to Wednesday those weeks.

FORT Fogey
    That's great, I know I'm always glued to ESPN, as a women's hoops fan and our games I believe are not just Thurs-Sat...so I wasn't sure what happened on CBS. It'll be great to have TAR available, I don't mind it starting so soon.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Count me in with those that think they should wait. I didn't like having to wait a whole year, but part of the reason Survivor seems so boring to me anymore is because they air it so much, and I don't want TAR to go down that road. Sometimes over exposure is a bad thing. I don't think it would effect the ratings or hurt the show if they waited. At least give everyone a chance to miss it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast