+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 01/11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog
    For me, the show has had an awful last seven weeks, and I've made what's a very difficult decision: I'm not going to watch any more. This is a show I've watched regularly for years now. I've enjoyed it, but always hated the NELs.
    Probably because I'm a late arrival to the series, or at least in part, the NELs just seem like another aspect of the show, and it was interesting to see the older couple actually deplete the coffers of their competitors rather than hassling the locals. I'd agree with those that feel like there are a few too many opportunities for catching up built into the show, but not to the point where it spoils the viewing for me.

The race, and the racers personalities may be the primary point of the show, but as important to me is the local flavor, the actual visual travel appreciation the show provides. I agree with all those that noted just how lovely Budapest appears, and I wish that they'd sometimes spend just a moment or two more on the local wierd-o-rama rituals like dropping in for a refreshing glass of blood.

Generally they breeze through just as quickly as they can, which made me wondering whether I was missing something crucial race wise in Senegal when they sent in everyone with their flowers and on the spot musings regarding that sadness filled archway. I personally thought that not only went on too long, but was just wrong period. Showing the space visually is one thing, putting people on the spot to produce on demand heartfelt sentiment in a place suited (in my opinion) best for silent reflection seemed more likely to produce stilted and expected platitudes rather than true remarks. The flowers were over the top as well. Having some by the doorway for those that CHOSE to take one is one thing, making them a part of the procession put the racers on notice they were to produce, and in which manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Cwebb
    Awww man.... Must I really? Okay, if its for the better......

I LOVE John's sexy deep voice & cute little chest hair! Victoria's natural beauty is mesmerizing, she doesn't need makeup to look good!!! Can there be a team more perfect than these two?! I'm in love!!! Go John & Victoria!!!!!!
    Owww is that painful.
    I know why you are doing it but it's still so hard to read.

Thanks for taking one for the team.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
    Generally they breeze through just as quickly as they can, which made me wondering whether I was missing something crucial race wise in Senegal when they sent in everyone with their flowers and on the spot musings regarding that sadness filled archway. I personally thought that not only went on too long, but was just wrong period. Showing the space visually is one thing, putting people on the spot to produce on demand heartfelt sentiment in a place suited (in my opinion) best for silent reflection seemed more likely to produce stilted and expected platitudes rather than true remarks. The flowers were over the top as well. Having some by the doorway for those that CHOSE to take one is one thing, making them a part of the procession put the racers on notice they were to produce, and in which manner.
    I know what you mean. That had to be such an emotional moment for Gus and Hera. I felt a little uncomfortable knowing that there were cameramen in Gus' face when he went through there.

That's part of America's history, and it's a place we all should know about, white or black. But I didn't like how it was handled, either. (I know, I don't like much of anything this season).
    Passing over to the Dark Side

The whole episode I've had a feeling it will be a NEL and my feeling was right lol!

I hope next week the episode will be a lot better, I thought Corsica was really boring.

Leo
    Premium Member
    Mrs Cwebb, for bravery and gallantry far and above demanded of a Fort poster, we here give you this:

Thanks for taking one for the team. We salute you.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeloo
    I can top ya. I'd been annoyed with Hayden the whole episode and presumed that they were way behind and it was edited to look close. When I saw that they were within actual striking distance I was invaded by satan & I screamed "RUN you b's RUUUN". My husband nearly died. This is the first time this season that I've been THAT interested. (and the bad word was plural and meant to encompass Aaron as well as Hayden). I might have had an aneuryism is J&V got the NEL.
    I think I might've outdone. I screamed so loud I almost broke the sound barrier and my mom told me to calm down. But it was for the best, J&V getting the NEL would've been the worst thing ever. Like 1 million times worse than when C&C got the NEL last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog
    While the show is doing well, who's to say it wouldn't do better without the NELs? I don't think it's even a given that the majority of people who are just casual reality fans like the artificial suspense of not knowing whether it's an NEL or not.
    Well, without NEL's there would be 8 or 9 episodes which would beyond suck. And whoever heard of such a short season. They would have to cast 15 teams to get rid of NEL's. And getting to know 11 or 12 teams is hard enough. Getting to know 15 teams would be even harder. Besides, if the NEL saves your fav team, then it actually serves a purpose

I like the NEL's and think they actually add their own element of suspense (ducks to avoid bottles being thrown at head). Now the yield, on the other hand, that needs to go. and bring back the fast forwards. Can you tell I don't like change? Don't even get me started on the Dodgers.
    "if at first you don't succeed, destroy any evidence that you ever tried" - The Office

FORT Fogey
    I would like to see 6 FF's. That way, it would guarantee that all of them should get used, but there'd be a lot more strategy involved in going for them.

Exactly. The way they are doing the fast forwards now has taken all the strategy out of it. Why bother having it at all?

Though I did enjoy watching Adam this week! I was rolling when he was floating on top of the water!
    "if at first you don't succeed, destroy any evidence that you ever tried" - The Office

It'S true, now with only 2 fast forward it's almost certain that the first team who gets that clue will go for it, so why would the others even try it unless they were really close behind (like this week) ???
    Wrigleys Doublemint Gum....double your pleasure, double your fun!

+ Reply to Thread