+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has the original Roadblock rule Changed??

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Since when is it a requirement to decide who does the task before opening the clue?

Meaning, I can never remember that being the case in other seasons.

Even in the first season whenever Phil discribed the RB he alwasy said they must choose before reading what it was.

And sorry i dont know what you guys are watching Kris and Jon clearly have it open and Jon tells Kris to do it becuase she needs to do more, then she says not he can do it becuase he wont have a prob. The envolope is cealry open.

Rebecca is reading the clue out-loud not the blurp but the clue then she does it.

And you clearly see Hayden peek at what it is.

yup...i remember in previous seasons teams had to read the caption then select a member before reading the full clue...clearly in the last episode, some teams violated that 'rule'...

Okay, here's what I saw when I rewatched it. In all the suspected cases of reading the task before deciding, I never see the accused teams in one straight shot while they're deciding. There is always a change of camera angle, which means a possibility of editing. It's definitely possible that teams violated the rule, but I don't really think so, nor do I think anything would be affected. A clue of "Who wants to spice up their life" almost obviously references spicy food. Anyway, there really is little focus on the actual deciding of who will do the roadblock nowadays, I can see editing being the issue.

Hmmm... a Hungarian restaurant... a clue with the word "spice" on it... Is it too much of a stretch not to put 2 and 2 together?

Leo
    Premium Member
    I don't think the rule has changed at all. Go back to the salt-gathering task a few episodes ago - it's a task that called for physical strength, and more often than not it was the girls who did it. I doubt it would have been that way if they knew what exactly the task was.

Also, Hayden said to Aaron as they were leaving the restaurant that she should have eaten the soup, saying that she puts tabasco on everything (though I can't remember if the tabasco comment was made in the taxi, or was from an interview and edited in). If they had known the task was eating spicy soup, why didn't Hayden do it?

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo

Also, Hayden said to Aaron as they were leaving the restaurant that she should have eaten the soup, saying that she puts tabasco on everything (though I can't remember if the tabasco comment was made in the taxi, or was from an interview and edited in). If they had known the task was eating spicy soup, why didn't Hayden do it?
    Because Hayden is a loser. And hindsight is 20/20. Didn't Jonathan say that he wished he had done it instead of making Victoria do it? It's easy to say so, after the fact. They wouldn't have known quite how bad the soup was when reading the clue...

Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    Because Hayden is a loser.
    My thoughts exactly..

FORT Regular
    i think the problem with this RB is you had to use the spoon and that slowed people down, had they been able to just like drink it down and gulp it it would have been quicker and people could have done it faster. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by BRIS01
    i think the problem with this RB is you had to use the spoon and that slowed people down, had they been able to just like drink it down and gulp it it would have been quicker and people could have done it faster. I think.
    Not to mention that crazy band playing.

On the Roadblock thing, my guess is they did read the question part of the clue, but the editing cut it out.

Or maybe some teams will get a penalty next episode.
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

I would lean toward the editing. It is such a minor part of the race, I can't seem them trying to include every moment of the decision.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast