+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Amazing Race Adventures of Jennifer and Tracey

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar

The Amazing Race Adventures of Jennifer and Tracey

The Amazing Race Adventures of Jennifer and Tracey

Jennifer (aka Bravo Fan) and Tracey (aka LurkingGirl) both 32, comprise the very first virtual team to participate in The Amazing Race. Although they have never "met" each other in person, Jennifer and Tracey have been Internet chums for over a year. You'll find them spending most of their time at their favorite website www.fansofrealitytv.com where they are sharing their Amazing Race experiences with site visitors every week during the airing of The Amazing Race 3. Avid fans of reality TV, they were chosen to participate this year because of their knowledge and expertise of game strategy and tactics used in reality TV shows.

Q & A:

How would you describe your previous travel experience?
    Jennifer: Well I guess I would have to say its been pretty limited. A couple of countries in Europe and the Caribbean, but thats pretty much it.
    Tracey: My travel experience has included being an exchange student in Mexico as well as a couple quick trips to Europe.

What is the most stressful aspect of traveling?
    Jennifer: Overcoming the language and currency barriers, and navigating unfamiliar cities under the stress of a timed race.
    Tracey: Difficulty in communicating with people and the frustrations of waiting at the airport and wondering if you're going to make connections.

What is the most important item in your backpack, and why?
    Jennifer: A laptop. Everyone knows in a pinch that you can find everything you need on the Internet.
    Tracey: I'd say my nifty new internationally programmed mobile phone, as we can access the Internet from anywhere with any type of cellular or digital signal with that.

Why did you want to be on THE AMAZING RACE?
    Jennifer: Its a great opportunity to travel on CBSs dime.
    Tracey: It's a great chance to meet my cyber-pal Jennifer and have a free trip, and winning the $1 million would be nice too.

Have you and your partner traveled together before? If so, what was it like?
    Jennifer: Traveled together? Heck no, we had never even met.
    Tracey: Ditto.

What do you fear most about competing in THE AMAZING RACE?
    Jennifer: Certainly coming in last in the first episode would be a great disappointment.
    Tracey: Early elimination, and getting stranded in a foreign country and not knowing how to get back.

What strengths and weaknesses do you bring to the Team?
    Jennifer: Im athletic and adventurous. Ill try anything once thats probably the strength and the weakness.
    Tracey: I have decent negotiation skills so I think I can gain the assistance of other people when necessary and can barter better than Peach did last year to make our money last, but I have a terrible sense of direction.

Jennifer: Hmmm, you never told me about your sense of direction before in all of our chats about going on the show!
    Tracey: Really, I thought I would have mentioned that, as I once gave a friend incorrect directions to my own house. Sorry Jenn.

What languages do you speak?
    Jennifer: English of course, and a little bit of Spanish. For instance I can say yes, no, and Juan can swim in the ocean. That should come in handy.
    Tracey: English and some Spanish, hey Jennifer, I can order beer, that should be a helpful skill for us. "Dos cervezas, por favor."

What destination are you hoping to visit?
    Jennifer: Italy, Greece, New Zealand, and Australia
    Tracey: Oh, Australia would be cool, China, or Japan.

What country do you feel best prepared for?
    Jennifer: Well, I would have to say that is probably the U.S.
    Tracey: Mexico or other Latin American countries where my limited Spanish may be an asset.

Stay tuned to Fans of Reality TV, where Jennifer and Tracey will provide weekly updates of their adventures and experiences in The Amazing Race 3!

[IMG]images/user/jenntracey.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by BravoFan; 11-24-2002 at 10:09 PM.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Oh my gosh you two. I can't wait to hear all about your adventures. I'm so excited! If you get stuck in a Mexican prison after all that Mexican beer you order up, I'll be right down to bust you out OK? Good luck and Bon Voyage my friends!
    Im haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

I don't have time right now, but I'll have to do the I like them on Paper poiints soon!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Okay ladies, glad to hear you "made the show". I bet that audition process was grueling, eh? Did they actually make you order beers in spanish for it?

I'm looking forward to you gals competing. I sure hope you don't get eliminated early on for too much Prada shopping.

John

GO TEAM GO!!!!!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

I look forward to hearing about your adventures.
    "That's Numberwang!"

LG.
    Wish us luck, everyone, we're really excited to be on the show. And Jenn, the picture of us looks great!
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Very best of luck ladies.
    I have a feeling you will go a long way in this competition
    "That's Numberwang!"

Oo, you two look hot! I have a new favorite team.

If you guys put your heads together, you'll discover that you can also say, "Juan can swim in two beers, please" in Spanish.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

agentcarver
    Originally posted by fluff
    Very best of luck ladies.
    I have a feeling you will go a long way in this competition

(Echoed by vive)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast