+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What actually happened with the gate at the Railroad Museum?

What actually happened with the gate at the Railroad Museum?

I know they slowed that sequence down, but I couldn't tell what happened. Can anyone with Tivo figure out how the barrier came back down, whether by human agency or by chance (and physics, of course...)?

It just came down. No one did anything to it. Freddy is a moron.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

pretty much as Holly says. I saw it as, no one was going to hold it open for him. Why would they either? He overreacted pretty badly, and it looked like Hera got the worst of it too.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I replayed that scene on my old-fashioned VCR and this is what I think happened. It was probably supposed to stay up with a counterweight, but when they shoved it up so hard, it bounced at the top and came back down.

I'm with the bounce thing too, veejer.

Come on, Freddy, everyone was running helter skelter but someone has the time to slam it down on the tallest person?

There were some awesome looking trains at that museum.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I think Veejer is probably right on this one. They probably tossed it up so hard that it came back down on its own and hit Freddy and Hera.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Come on, Freddy, everyone was running helter skelter but someone has the time to slam it down on the tallest person?
    I think he realized later what a moron he'd been, a little to late though :rolleyes

K

Quote Originally Posted by veejer
    I replayed that scene on my old-fashioned VCR and this is what I think happened. It was probably supposed to stay up with a counterweight, but when they shoved it up so hard, it bounced at the top and came back down.
    It wasn't the contestants. They all had there hands down when the gate goes up. Lori was playing with her nails or something, Kris was looking down, Hayden was doing whatever Hayden does when she's bored. They didn't know it was going to open right then. Bolos arms are clearly down the entire time the gate goes up. They panned away for whatever reason at the moment they hit but it looks like the gate went up like a toll gate. Freddy assumed it would go up evenly and when his side didn't go up as fast as the other he hit his head. It never went down it went straight up like a toll gate would.

FORT Fan
    We have Tivo, and we replayed it many times to try and figure out what happened. No one purposely tried to pull it back down. From our vantage point, it looked like either the gate was really heavy, and when it got pushed up, it simply started coming back down again instead of locking into position, or the gate was lighter than the force used to shove it upwards, and the force used caused it to go up to its highest point, then rebound back down. I feel for the guy getting hit, but stop with the macho posturing already! And I agree with Bill above, Hera got it far worse that Freddy. Poor sweetie.

Freddy is making a big deal of the whole thing when he should've not. This is a race and that particular incident happened so fast that even an a**hole racer like Jonathan couldn't plan something like that because it's a "to-each-his-own" thing already. Hera was obviously more hurt but she didn't bitch about it.
    Halfway around the world, I greet you "Mabuhay!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast