+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 12/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

A few of my fave choice moments from this episode:

-Wow- Bolo pretty to have cerebral palsy and saying it's because he respects his friends with cerebral palsy... um... looks like this is the origin of his current karma in Budapest.

-Kris's comments about how she will be pissed at any "Ugly American" behavior in Senegal contrasted with pretty much every other team being, well, ugly americans.

-Jon & Kris's flintstone moment= AWESOME!!! As is their REALLY spending time with the local kids and enjoying their company, compared to Jonathan's blatant attempts to appear human with giving out candy and commenting on the great souls and innocence of kids he hasn't spent ANY time with.

-During Rebecca & Adam's whole sunglass fallout, Rebecca's saying she doesn't know if she's supposed to be adam's, "mother, girlfriend, friend, or what..." and Adam's like, "Be all of them!" very sincerely. HE LITERALLY TOLD HER HE WANTS HER TO BE HIS MOM!

-I think they were really reacting to all the positive feedback from fans of Lena & Kristy, because they got LOTS of air time this episode before their elimination. And I still like them. Although not as much as Kris & Jon. Maybe someone on the staff visits the FORT?

-If it hadn't been for the whole cerebral palsy act, this episode would have really made me like Lori & Bolo more, because you saw their playfulness and sense of humor.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

Geez. Did we realize that the NAME of this episode was actually "Phil Is a Choo-Choo Charlie"? (Zap2It.com lists it that way) :biggrin: It wasn't just the weirdest sexualized description of a celebrity ever, it's now part of the permanent record for the show!

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Omigosh Krom! I almost forgot! That was hysterical! Just watching Lena & Kristy put on those lip gloss, I'm shocked they never landed a few smooches on him! I love those two, from the bugs in the bed to sleeping naked, these two were an awesome and interesting duo, its a pity they were so unlucky.

I liked the recaps, some bits and pieces were interesting and Jon & Kris are just amazing! I can't believe how positive and gracious they are towards the racers & locals. They're upbeat personailities are just perfect! Gosh darnit, I love them.

I was so annoyed with how John broke the horns off of the ice bull. Sheesh, keep your hands to yourself for once!

The president of Synagogue. What an idiot, you never figured out what country you're in? Good recap show, instead of the same old stuff, we got some footage which further developed the racers characters. John and Kris are even sweeter, kinder and more positive than we knew, Kendra is even more of a snotty b!tch, (Plus we saw more evidence of her and Freddie's incompetence, losing the first clue.) We see that Rebecca and Adam and Lori and Bolo have a bit of a sense of humour and are quite amusing. Of course Jonathan didn't surprise us much, I don't think they can show anything that is going to change our opinions of him...

Forgot about F&K losing the first clue, not to mention they lost it again in the race & got a penalty for taking an additional clue. Sheesh, you would think they've learned their lesson.

FORT Newbie
    My local CBS affiliate thought this show was so important that they didn't even bother to show it. A fundraiser for St. Jude's Childrens Hospital was shown instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    It's okay, he's done enough else to summon universal hate.
    The funniest line about Jonathan at our house was from my 10 year old who said "if you lined up all the people in the world who hated Jonathan, you would have the whole world, we would all be in line agreeing about at least that one thing."

He is such an a**. A complete and total a**. The extra footage just cemented my dislike of the man.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aota Bass
    A few of my fave choice moments from this episode:

-Wow- Bolo pretty to have cerebral palsy and saying it's because he respects his friends with cerebral palsy... um... looks like this is the origin of his current karma in Budapest.

-Kris's comments about how she will be pissed at any "Ugly American" behavior in Senegal contrasted with pretty much every other team being, well, ugly americans.

-Jon & Kris's flintstone moment= AWESOME!!! As is their REALLY spending time with the local kids and enjoying their company, compared to Jonathan's blatant attempts to appear human with giving out candy and commenting on the great souls and innocence of kids he hasn't spent ANY time with.

-During Rebecca & Adam's whole sunglass fallout, Rebecca's saying she doesn't know if she's supposed to be Adam's, "mother, girlfriend, friend, or what..." and Adam's like, "Be all of them!" very sincerely. HE LITERALLY TOLD HER HE WANTS HER TO BE HIS MOM!

-I think they were really reacting to all the positive feedback from fans of Lena & Kristy, because they got LOTS of air time this episode before their elimination. And I still like them. Although not as much as Kris & Jon. Maybe someone on the staff visits the FORT?

-If it hadn't been for the whole cerebral palsy act, this episode would have really made me like Lori & Bolo more, because you saw their playfulness and sense of humor.
    -Bolo pretending to have cerebral palsy ranks about as much on the offensive meter as Kendra's remarks about breeding. His comments about how brave they are does not fully justify his actions. On the other hand, I like Lori a bit more, mostly for teaching Rebeeca how to wrestle. Also glad we got to see the confessional footage of her mentioning her frozen implants.

-Kris's commentary at Senegal and Aaron's recap of the Ikea store made me think that this re-cap episode would have greatly benefited if the contestants did the commentary rather than Phil.

-Lovely footage of Kris and Jon swimming with the locals. Looks like their wearing the same bathing suits as in the intro screen.

-Jonathon, where do I start. It's kind of disturbing how much ammunition he gives the editors to shoot him with. After this episode, there appears to be many bullet left unused. I'd say he lost points, but I'm not sure if he had any for a long time.

-In the case of Kendra, I don't blame her for being such a princess, but if she is to win more viewers points shes going to have to she another side of her personality that dosen't involve whining about cash. Looks like Freddy should stitch up the holes in his pockets.

-Hayden and Aaron had a major communications breakdown. Hayden probably registers the least out of all the contestants. All I know is that she's apologetic.

KGS
    FORT Newbie
    The edits and new footage in this episode was kind of annoying since I was watching with a friend who had never seen the Race before, and I kept saying "Ooh, look what happens next!" at parts which were changed. Stuff like Adam's suicide threat(s), and of course the infamous Berlin Shove.

Speaking of which, I hope CBS didn't edit out J&V's shove in response to all the flack they got over the Internet. (It sure seemed like they did.) They should know that all emotions expressed on the 'Net are compounded by a factor of 10. Heck, there were TWoP posters who declared they would never, ever watch the show again, and some even said Phil should be fired for NOT coming down hard on J. in his Diaries! Needless to say, most of these people were back watching & posting the next week...and the next.

Of course, in a post-Janet Jackson world, CBS seems all too eager to err on the side of caution...which I can kinda understand. (They sure didn't flinch from showing Gus's manboobs, though!)

And I'm ashamed to admit that I laughed out loud at Bolo's cerebral palsy act...

Quote Originally Posted by ElJay
    My local CBS affiliate thought this show was so important that they didn't even bother to show it. A fundraiser for St. Jude's Childrens Hospital was shown instead.
    Well my CBS affiliate showed an Ohio State basketball game against New Hampshire. They did however show TAR at 2:37 a.m. Sure hope we do not have too may more basketball games on Tuesday.

+ Reply to Thread