+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you seen Phil's Diaries?

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Cutie
    And when he would talk about Amanda & Chris and Monica & Sheree during TAR4 they were "Amander & Chris" and "Monicer & Sheree". I think it sounds so cool...he has an awesome accident.
    I'm sure you meant "accent"

I like it more when Phil's standing at a beach talking about it rather than having a background that says "The Amazing Race Phil Diaries". Phil looks very dissapointed to philiminated Lena and Kristy.

And believe me, New Zealand accents aren't really that pleasant to hear. Phil of course is an exception!

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianco
    And believe me, New Zealand accents aren't really that pleasant to hear. Phil of course is an exception!
    Yeah, they can be very flat and grating and hard to understand (from an American's point of view - sorry for the chauvinism!). I once worked w/ someone from New Zealand, and I was trying to help him look up a phone number. The person's name was kinda common, so I asked for the address.

He said, "Teen John Street."
    Thinking I misheard "Teen John" for something like "Saint John," I said, "What's the name of the street again?"
    "John."
    "Not Teen John?"
    "Well, yes, Teen John Street's the whole address."
    "It's Teen John Street?"
    "Yes."
    "What number on Teen John?"
    "I just gave it to you, the whole address, Teen John Street!!"
    "What?!"

We went back and forth like this for a while, getting more and more frustrated. It was like "Who's on first?" I didn't figure out that "Teen" meant "ten" for about five or ten/teen minutes...

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    thread jack....just saw phil on the travel channel. a show called adventure crazy and he just repelled down the side of a building over 30 stories......so at least he can so some of the stunts they have them do on TAR. thread jack over

Aww man, I can't watch these on my slow home laptop and my stooopid workplace put up barriers so I havent been able to watch these for the last 3 seasons or so. Jerks.

Phil really copped out with his diary entry for leg 5. It almost sounds like he's condoning Jon's actions.

yeah. major disappointment there on his reaction. Like it was okay cause it is a competition. But then again, maybe he can't say much else about it. But, they do have the video where J punches V backpack, and what goes on at the pitstop mat.
    Watching it again, J is still a major jerk.

This week Phil let's us in on an 'inside' joke that the TAR people call those that read the maps while their partner is driving, NAG-ivators, instead of navigators because they are usually doing a bit of b!tching. He said this when describing the way Hayden was treating Aaron during the last episode when she couldn't drive nor read a map. I thought that was cute and funny.
    Last edited by karen14; 01-15-2005 at 01:17 AM.

Claynadian Idol fan AbsintheFairy's Avatar
    Oh wow! I've seen them linked but haven't actually watched them now.. love Phil.. he's awesome.. I can't WAIT to see his comments on Jonathan shoving Victoria and making her cry hysterically....
    «michele aiken-marsden»
    website | fanlistings

"the greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return"

Claynadian Idol fan AbsintheFairy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PJinNH
    Phil really copped out with his diary entry for leg 5. It almost sounds like he's condoning Jon's actions.
    Ahh I missed this post 'bout that moment.... that's really unfortunate.. i've gotta go check it out for myself when I get home (i'm at work right now.. lol.. probably really shouldn't be on here...
    «michele aiken-marsden»
    website | fanlistings

"the greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast