+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you think there will be TAR5?

FORT Fan

Budget Problem?

Originally posted by JR.
    TAR's promotion is just horrible, I think that's the main problem. I always see Survivor commercials and hear radio ads, but rarely see any for TAR and I've never heard a radio spot.
    I think it is because of the budget. I am not so sure how much production cost for TAR, but I guess, it is more than Survivor. Shooting people by trapping them in a fixed location is cheaper than chasing the contestants in different countries and pitstops. So they can't have more advertisements or promotion cost.

Just a guess only. Correct me if I am wrong.

Interesting thought tokimeki, and I hadn't thought of that. You may be onto something there.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

There'd better be a TAR5...Joey and I, as well as Paulie and Mrs. Paulie, are thinking about applying!

Tokimeki has a very good point, I think that the cost of trailing all the teams with a sound guy and camera guy around the world has got to cost big bucks. The plane rides and hotel bills have to be higher than tents for a crew on an island.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

I remember reading somewhere that it takes a production crew of about 300 people to handle the show from start to finish. That's a big payroll.

But, the Survivor production crew is just as large. The Ariau Towers hotel has, I think, almost 300 rooms, and all of them were reserved for 2 months for the production crew. They bought out the resort for that 2 month period.

So, I'd have to say that the production requirements and costs are probably very nearly the same for both shows.

Leo
    Premium Member
    My personal theory is that it may be because Jerry Bruckheimer may not be as good a TV executive producer as he is on the movie side. He may be out of his element there - but I wouldn't know how much of a say he has in the show's promotion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12