+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Things I learned from TAR 6

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BermudaTriangle
    If we eat Chinese food in China it won't be Chinese food. It'll just be food! LOL at Rebecca for that one!
    I know it sounds silly, but there's an element of truth to it. It's like how English people refer to English Muffins as simply "muffins".

Quote Originally Posted by quangtran
    I know it sounds silly, but there's an element of truth to it. It's like how English people refer to English Muffins as simply "muffins".
    Engish muffins are different than muffins. They are flat and have tiny little holes in the middle of them.

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kitty
    Engish muffins are different than muffins. They are flat and have tiny little holes in the middle of them.
    Yes, but as Alan Moore said, there a redundancy in a country labeling their own food that way.

Let the sunshine in! IMAPrincess's Avatar

Things I Learned from TAR 6

(1) When you get in the cab in a foregin country explain in quick detail in English that you are in a race AND expect the driver to step on the gas and run everything over in his path to get you to your destination.

(2) "We're in a race," is an explanation and or excuse, for any behavior out of the norm in any country you are in.
    I'm only as strong as the cocktails I drink, the hair spray I use, and the friends I have.

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar
    "english muffins" as we know them don't exist in England. They are loosely based on the English crumpet.

FORT Fan
    I actually liked Shanghai when I was there, but I disliked Shanghai to an extent after the episode. I can't believing the fastest developing country has so few people able to speak English.

in a small small world made of green and blue :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Genius
    I actually liked Shanghai when I was there, but I disliked Shanghai to an extent after the episode. I can't believing the fastest developing country has so few people able to speak English.
    i get you, but not all fast developing country are required to have english speakers. tons of people are studying Mandarin also (they dont happen to be the races, ). I learned in school that the developed countries in the world speak their own language which makes them one of the best.
    `~`~ When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the world would know PEACE.

Learn some Mandarin for next TAR.
    I have a feeling China will be revisited. If not, there's Mongolia and Taiwan.

It is always 100% Victoria's fault!

Be the most obnoxious person you can be to the point of abusing your wife (no matter how much she whines, no one deserves to be shoved or to keep having car door accidents) and you get rewarded by dragging out your tv time with Dr. Phil.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread