+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Lori and Bolo

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I can sorta understand why Bolo was all rigid and pissed off at Hayden/Aaron.
    After seeing the extra footage, before they got to the airport to purchase tickets..Bolo was listening to Jonathan talk to the guy on the boat. Jonathan was saying anything/everything to make sure that Lori/Bolo were held back and missed the boat...quite rudely, to boot.
    So, after they get back on land...they're all crammed up in this lil ticket agency and Hayden is purchasing tickets for another team, WHILE B/L are directly behind them. I can understand now why Bolo was so uptight at that point in the race...all of'm are scheming, plotting jerks in his eyes. Might as well cause a ruckus.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Whew... I thought for sure everyone would be ticked off at Bolo for faking the disability. It sure brought back memories of Charla and "I need a doctoro" for me, and I thought some of you would do the same thing. Hehe...

Of course, I'm still rooting for them. I didn't see anything wrong with it, at all, really.
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I didn't see anything wrong with it. For a million bucks, I'd probably do it too.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I don't understand why Lori and Bolo are waiting all night for the train. Why don't they take the 30 minute, or whatever it is, penalty and take a bus or cab. It will save them hours and even though it may be seen as cheating they are still getting penalized for it. That's probably what I would do.

The penalty is 30 minutes, *PLUS* whatever time they saved by circumventing the rules.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Hmmm... that's an interesting thought- would they count the waiting-for-next-train time, or just the difference between the time it takes to ride in a taxi and the time it takes to ride on the train? Because if it's the latter, then they would certainly have a better shot if they took a cab. Then they'd be penalized maybe an hour and a half while catching up the pack instead of being 10+ hours behind.

If they can manage to make it into the top 6 after this major setback, one of these is true:
    A) They are awesome and deserve to stay in the race
    B) The equalizers are WAY out-of-control this season

Probably both, if they do catch up.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    But if the penalty is enough to get them eliminated, I don't know if I would go for it. Even if they are going to be far behind the other teams from the train, it still might be a risk. Nancy & Emily quit half way through the detour in TAR1, took a cab to the RB, got a 24 hour penalty which resulted in them getting eliminated. They would have stayed in had they finished the detour. I don't know how penalities work anymore. I do think it's one they made up (30 minutes, 24 hours) in advance plus any time that might have been saved.

As for Bolo, I wish he hadn't pretended he was disabled, but I'll cut him a break. It is a race, after all. And he did comment about knowing people with cerebal palsy that he thought were the "strongest people in the world."

I don't really like Lori and Bolo but they really held together and kicked some butt to come from dead last to first place - very impressive!! I think they should be very proud of their persistance. They def. deserve that free trip to Europe

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

I really like Lori and Bolo and was happy that they came in first place last night. They are no were near the best racers we have seen on this show but they have something likable about them. They are at the top of my favorites with Kris and Jon.

I like them, I especially liked how they seemed to down the goblet without discussion of how 'icky' it is. Just did it and commented on how nasty it was (paraphrased) and went on with the race. She was a real person in a stressful situation, if I had gone without sleep and everything, I'd be the same way. I was so glad that they got the FF and now would have time to get some sleep before hitting the mat again.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread