+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Lori and Bolo

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion, Big Truck Adventure Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar
    I like these two but Bolo's little melt down at the travel agent didn't sit well with me. Right or wrong, I didn't like how he started attacking the woman buying the tickets (sorry, forgot names) and then when the woman's husband/boyfriend stood up for her Bolo says "what are you gonna do about it!" Come on Bolo, that's just being a bully and you're bigger than that (no pun intended). Any decent man is going to stand up for his wife/girlfriend, you should respect that.

FORT Regular
    I really like Bolo, though I never knew why I did. But now I know... Bolo is just one big lug, sort of like a teddy bear you want to hug. Lori is one tough woman to handle, but he's always calm and somewhat understanding of her. And does anyone else here notice how polite he is when asking help from locals?

I just wonder if these two have kids. Wouldn't it be cool to have Lori and Bolo as your parents?

I have to admit I wasn't very Keen on Lori and Bolo in the beginning but they've grown on me, kinda like spandex at the gym. It just takes time.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

As much as I love L & B, his eating the raw sausage was NASTY!!! Still my favorite team though!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

L & B are my favorites too!

I've loved them since the beginning! Bolo especially seems to be a decent human being who admittedly had some problems staying out of trouble in the past. I'm thinking being married to Lori tends to keep you on your toes.

The "blow up" at the airport was nothing. I don't really blame anyone. It was probably hot as hell, crowded, and everyone's thinking, "are there enough tickets for the flight?" I mean, if the airline rep had told Bolo, "we have more than enough seats," I don't think he would have objected as much as he did.

And Bolo was actually pretty polite about it, for the most part. Several times he told the airline rep, "please don't let them do this. Please don't let them buy for other teams. They don't even have their passports out." In the end, it seemed like everyone chalked it up to stress with hopefully no hard feelings.

Yes, they made up very quickly. That's the thing about Bolo though, he gets over being mad quickly. He says what he needs to say & then he's done. He doesn't harp on it.
    Last edited by holly71; 12-15-2004 at 11:16 AM.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    I still love this team, and I really liked Bolo's "and I don't use steroids" followed by him and Hayden laughing about it. Between the two, I think he's the more calm and grounded one than Lori. If only he'd start listening to her when it comes to racing. I think these two could do so much better than they've done. I really thought they were out last night (I don't know whether to hate the editors for nearly making my heart stop or praising them for their good editing.) BTW, who did the RB? For some reason, I don't remember seeing that part.

And I agree with guinevere that he does seem like one big teddy bear with a huge heart.

ETA: Thanks AJane!
    Last edited by karalott; 12-15-2004 at 11:19 AM.

A pleasure to see two teams act like adults and with good sportsmanship. Bolo/Lori and Hayden/Aaron may not ever be buddies, but this is a prime example of how you can treat each other like human beings and not resort to horrible behaviour because the race is "stressful". An argument is understandable, a resolution is essential. Good on both teams.

And for the record, I believe Bolo isn't on steriods.

ETA: Lori did the roadblock.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by PIMguy
    I like these two but Bolo's little melt down at the travel agent didn't sit well with me. Right or wrong, I didn't like how he started attacking the woman buying the tickets (sorry, forgot names) and then when the woman's husband/boyfriend stood up for her Bolo says "what are you gonna do about it!" Come on Bolo, that's just being a bully and you're bigger than that (no pun intended). Any decent man is going to stand up for his wife/girlfriend, you should respect that.

I figure that one of two things were going on: Possibly Bolo hadn't realized that buying tickets for other teams was perfectly within the rules and most definitely allowed. If this was the case, he figured he had every reason to make scene and try to stop them from doing it.

Or, he knew full well that they were allowed to buy tickets for other teams and he decided to put a stop to it anyways. Personally, I don't care what his motivation was, I wasn't offended at all.

It seemed to me that he decided to revert into pro wrestling mode in an effort to bully them into submission (it worked). At no time did I get the impression that anyone was going to get hurt. His tirade seeme rather well thought out, in my opinion. It was a bluff, and the other team fell for it.

And afterwards, both teams were still on civil terms and even laughed about it.

Holding down the FORT... Joe_Madre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by holly71
    As much as I love L & B, his eating the raw sausage was NASTY!!!

THat was raunchy. Someone shold clue him in that raw pork probably isn't the best thing you can shove in your mouth. Then he had the bratwursdt casing on his cheek....*barf*
    "Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru

+ Reply to Thread