+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Lori and Bolo

I find myself rooting for this team more and more every week. No doubt Lori's tempermental and a nasty name-caller, and Bolo's not the brightest light on their Christmas tree, but they're somehow...endearing. I know, a pretty bizarre way to describe a couple of pumped-up pro rasslers - if they don't win, I hope their TV face-time improves their wrestling careers.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Once I found out that they are animal lovers, that was it, I knew I had to root for them Plus Bolo really reminds me of my family; he's GOTTA be Italian, We get mad, speak our minds, then fuhgeddaboudit! I love it when Lori's acting ridiculous & Bolo tells her she's making an ass out of herself. I mean, she really is & I think he really is telling her b/c he doesn't want her to look bad. If you think about all the arguements they've had, he's always trying to be the peacemaker (after he's had his say too, of course, lol)
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71
    If you think about all the arguements they've had, he's always trying to be the peacemaker (after he's had his say too, of course, lol)
    Comparing the arguments Bolo and Lori have to the ones Jonathan and Victoria have, I find it interesting how different the flavor of the arguments are. Both couples are loud, but Bolo and Lori each give as good as they get and there's no hint of scorn from either one.

Can't say the same about Jonathan or Victoria (although sometimes she comes close to matching his level of scorn...).

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Once I found out that they are animal lovers, that was it, I knew I had to root for them Plus Bolo really reminds me of my family; he's GOTTA be Italian, We get mad, speak our minds, then fuhgeddaboudit! I love it when Lori's acting ridiculous & Bolo tells her she's making an ass out of herself. I mean, she really is & I think he really is telling her b/c he doesn't want her to look bad. If you think about all the arguements they've had, he's always trying to be the peacemaker (after he's had his say too, of course, lol)
    holly How funny..I seem to be agreeing with you all day! gmta

I've always had Bolo/Lori as my favorites! I sure hope they can stick the whole thing out.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

gaebolga I think a lot of it has to do with Lori being tough and not afraid to verbally (as well as physically) fight back. Even if she wasn't 'buffed out', if she has a smart mouth right back at Bolo.. the less people will take outrage at how he talks/treats her.

Victoria comes across like a timid mouse at times while he's swallowing her whole head! Also, most of the time she says NOTHING back to him after he berates her. She just doesn't come across as anyone who can 'defend herself'. Who knows, maybe she can, but I sure can't tell. At all.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Once I found out that they are animal lovers, that was it, I knew I had to root for them
    As an animal lover, I like this team for that reason alone. I don't think they're the best racers this season (but I don't think they're that bad, either), and I hope they stick around. I'll be curious to see the Lori/Bolo and Hayden arguement next week. Bolo looked dead serious and almost sounded offended when Hayden said that to him. But I hate her, so maybe that's just the way I'm viewing it. Whatever the situation may be, I'll be on the side of these two.

About the whole steroid thing, I don't think Lori and Bolo use them at all.

For one thing, not all sports people use steroids. They are just strong people.... and also, do you really think they could have gotten on if they used steroids? I'm sure CBS checks out these things.

The strange thing about them is that I thought I would never like them. I mean, pro wrestlers? But for me, they are the best team of the season!

Go Lori and Bolo!
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

Many pro wrestlers use some sort of illegal drugs or whatever. I am positive they do, but thats just my opinion. It will be very hard for CBS to find out for sure if they do or not, cause they could have quit a while back making a drug test useless. If you hear of one of them dying in there 40's or having heart problems, they did.

You can't necessarily put them in the same league as other wrestlers... it's the same with every sport.

A little off topic, but did you know that we're turning the Lori and Bolo thread into a "Buy Legal Steroids" thread. Look, it's there, when you hit reply!
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    I think a lot of it has to do with Lori being tough and not afraid to verbally (as well as physically) fight back. Even if she wasn't 'buffed out', if she has a smart mouth right back at Bolo.. the less people will take outrage at how he talks/treats her.
    Absolutely; she's a strong woman, and she'd still be a strong woman if she were 4' 10" and weighed 65 pounds. She's got will, and that's one of the things I like best about her. Plus she's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Victoria comes across like a timid mouse at times while he's swallowing her whole head! Also, most of the time she says NOTHING back to him after he berates her. She just doesn't come across as anyone who can 'defend herself'. Who knows, maybe she can, but I sure can't tell. At all.
    That's what's so disturbing about their fights; she just gives in. It's classic behaviorism. She validates his outbursts by acting as if she had done something wrong, so he just keeps on bursting. He's getting positive reinforcement for this behavior, so it gets more and more common. This is why it bugs me so much when women stay with abusive men, because they're basically training these men that being abusive gets rewarded. Obviously, no one asks to be abused (BDSM aside, of course...), but anyone who stays in an abusive relationship is, on some level, condoning their own abuse.

Most people don't see it that way, of course, but I think Jonathan and Victoria's fights are a classic example of this type of relationship.

Fortunately, Lori and Bolo's fights seem to counterbalance this ugliness.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    I think that's why I like these 2 so much. They're just real. I think regardless of what they do for a living or whether they were all buffed up, we'd still see the same behavior and attitude we're seeing from them now

+ Reply to Thread