+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Lena and Kristy

Lena and Kristy

Pictures and information from the Official Amazing Race 6 Site

Lena and Kristy

[IMG]images/img/lenaKristy.jpg[/IMG]

Bio

Lena & Kristy are sisters who grew up in Utah. In the Fall, Kristy will be starting her last year of college at University of Utah. She is the single mother of an eight-year-old daughter, Madison. She recently took a few months off from school to move to Denmark with her daughter.

Lena is a student and former striptease aerobics instructor. She also put college on hold so she could travel abroad, but is planning to return to school after the Race. She describes herself as outgoing, happy and competitive.

Most of the time the sisters get along very well; however, they agree that getting into a fist fight a few years back was a low point in their relationship. One of the most special times they had as sisters was living together in Las Vegas.

Being a young single mother, Kristy's motivation for being on THE AMAZING RACE is to enjoy this experience to the fullest and do all the things she has never been able to do, while Lena wants to win the $1 million.

Q&A

How would you describe your previous travel experience?

Lena: Since a child, I have traveled a lot. My mother is from Denmark, so as a toddler I lived there for a while, as well as extensive traveling all throughout Europe as a child and an adult. I have lived in Japan and traveled to parts of Asia and Australia, and all over the US.

Kristy: I have spent the last couple of years traveling quite a bit. I lived in Copenhagen, Denmark for a few months, and have visited interesting places like Thailand. My traveling opportunities are somewhat limited, due to the fact that I am a single mother and usually bring my daughter with me. I have also traveled extensively throughout the US.

What is the most stressful aspect of traveling?

Lena: I have never really had a stressful moment in traveling, except missing flights.

Kristy: Wondering if you've remembered everything you needed to pack. I can't stand layovers and waiting in the airport for hours; it's so unproductive.

Why did you want to be on THE AMAZING RACE?

Lena: To experience traveling the world in a way I never have. To do something so unique with my sis. A great way for us to spend time together after not seeing each other for a while.

Kristy: I hope to be an example and show the world that Mormons, Utahans and women can be interesting, exciting and capable of competing in high-stress situations while maintaining core values. Traveling always opens my mind to different issues facing foreign cultures. Some of my most life-changing and character-building experiences have come from traveling to unfamiliar places.

Have you and your partner traveled together before? If so, what was it like?

Lena: Only on family vacations, never alone.

Kristy: Lena and I haven't traveled very much as adults together, but have been on countless family road trips and vacations as children. I am anxious, and a bit worried, about what we might discover about each other now that we are adults. It's been at least a year since I have spent time with Lena, and I have never been forced to share time and space with anyone other than my daughter, especially someone who is my opposite.

What do you fear most about competing in THE AMAZING RACE?

Lena: I don't camp; I don't carry backpacks or carry my own luggage. Those are things I just don't do. So that is probably the thing I am most afraid of. Also I like to dress up. I like my heels and bags. I like being a girl and dressing up. So the whole not showering thing will probably be difficult for me.

Kristy: I do not want to ice climb or bungee jump, but would force myself if it came up. I will leave the eating to Lena; my stomach hasn't been very experimental. My biggest emotional fear is that I will miss my daughter too much and become depressed. I have never left her for more than a few days at a time.

What strengths and weaknesses do you bring to the Team?

Lena: Well, I think I am pretty easy going and positive. I am very mentally and emotionally strong, so I am sure that I won't ever freak out or anything. I sometimes make decisions without thinking them all the way through, which could be a problem. But really I have no clue. Everything changes when you're under pressure or in extreme situations.

Kristy: I am sometimes impatient and need my own space (which I will never get on the Race). I am also critical of myself. I am very competitive, strong, organized, task-oriented, detail-oriented, pragmatic, logical and emotionally controlled, yet I can still appear kind and non-threatening.

What strengths and weaknesses does your teammate bring to the Team?

Lena: Kristy is very organized. She is also very thorough. She is very strong mentally as well as physically. So she motivates me in a way that no one else does.

Kristy: Lena is very social, bubbly, determined, athletic, strong, and will keep our spirits up. She will probably be the social half of the Team. She is good at getting what she wants. Lena's desire to be social sometimes means she isn't thorough. She can be flighty at times, although that is what makes her sweet and fun. She is not very detail-oriented.

What will you miss the most from home (besides your bed)?

Lena: Friends, computer, cell phone, car, credit cards. Wow, now doesn't that sound horrible?

Kristy: My daughter, my laptop, my down comforter from Denmark and my indie music.

What languages do you speak?

Lena: I pretend to speak a few languages: Japanese, German, Spanish and Danish. Basically I know enough to get by.

Kristy: I can speak a little Danish. I also speak British and Australian. Only joking!

What destination are you hoping to visit?

Lena: Iceland!

Kristy: I would absolutely flip if we went to Iceland, New Zealand or Africa

What country do you feel best prepared for?

Lena: Japan and Denmark.

Kristy: Denmark and Scandinavia.
    Last edited by cali; 10-29-2004 at 06:13 PM.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

WTH is a "striptease aerobics instructor"?

And, a fist fight between sisters? Not a good sign...

Striptease aerobics instructor? In Utah?

These two could be fun!
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Fun, or very annoying. I can't tell which.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Striptease aerobics instructor? In Utah?

These two could be fun!
    Heh... exactly!

A Mormon striptease aerobics instructor..... classic.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I think these two sound interesting - one of the teams that stands out.

Silent all these years... caragwapa's Avatar
    They're both really cute...

JR.
    She looks kind of young to have an 8 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    She looks kind of young to have an 8 year old.
    Kristy is 26. They say they are mormons but reading their bio, wasn't it obvious? :rolleyes

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    They are hot ...hopefully they go far.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast