+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Lena and Kristy

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by LiVvV
    For some reason, I think actually they miss the clue somewhere in those piles of hae.

Apparently, she missed several of them. Think about it: 175 bales of hay, 20 clues. 8 clues were found, which means that there were 12 undiscovered clues. Lena's sister told her that there were just 3 or 4 bales left. Of course, a few of those missing 12 could have been overlooked by other contestants, but if she really unravelled over 100 bales, she obviously walked right over multiple clues.

She needed to work smarter, not harder.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by DarKensoul7
    Why is amazing race so much about luck ? Lena and Christy was great! They tried so hard *sighs*...no more female teams now
    If you're referring to those bales of hay, Lena's problem had nothing to do with luck. If she had paid attention to what she was doing, she wouldn't have been out there for eight hours. She obviously kept walking right over the clues without noticing them.

FORT Regular
    Thonolon, I think you were wrong on a couple of your facts, but your point is still valid .

As I heard there were 270 bales, and supposedly Lena searched over 100. (At one point it had been suggested she search some of the already rolled bales, I don't know if she did, or if those were included in the 100 bale total. (as it 8 hours is 480 minutes or 1 bale in less than every 5 minutes an amazing pace for 8 hours...!)

The mean number of attempts before they should have been successful was about 13 bales, depending on whether the other teams were lucky or unlucky that could have slightly impacted the girls chances up or down.

It is hard to imagine that they could have been so unlucky as to choose 100 incorrect bales, they should have expected to find as many as 7 clues in that process. While I admire the determination and persistence of the sisters as well as the patience and respect shown towards each other, and I would agree that they would be great as eventual 2nd Chance All Stars. If Lena missed a clue in a bale, let alone possibly several then it wasn't luck alone that caused their elimination.

Then again maybe they were just staggeringly unlucky.

Premium Member
    I was just hoping at the end, they would've shown us where the remaining clues were hidden!!! I need closure!!

That is one thing I don't get, the editors usually show us when a team screws up (ie the clue Freddy & Kendra dropped) and we didn't see anything. I am not saying she didn't miss a clue, she very well may have, but again we weren't shown anything.

- enough said!!!
    Carey

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by imajunkie2
    That is one thing I don't get, the editors usually show us when a team screws up (ie the clue Freddy & Kendra dropped) and we didn't see anything. I am not saying she didn't miss a clue, she very well may have, but again we weren't shown anything.
    One possibility (doubtful only because it suggests a heart on the part of the producers) They didn't want to show that she missed a clue as it would have been even more discouraging to the sisters.

Another is the idea that for a multitude of reasons the camera crews and producers/production assistants onsite never did see a clue in the hay either or were not able to film it discretely. And they elected not to stay to try and get a shot of it in the dark or wait until the next morning.

I wish we had a total of the number of bales unrolled by everyone. Oh well, no matter what it is sad.

FORT Newbie

Are you guys still gonna watch?

After the sisters' gone, I need a couple reasons for me to keep watching TAR 6. Please help!!! Domestic abuse???

in banana world
    I don't watch just for the players. Sure, they make it more interesting and you always pick a favorite to root for, but TAR is fun to watch because of the challenges, the locations, what the teams have to go through, the suspense, etc.

We watch because my 11 year old loves the music, and I love the geography of it all. The drama of the teams comes in 3rd. Although, it'll really tickle me pink when Jonathon loses because of a bonehead move HE ALONE makes. Perhaps at a roadblock, so Victoria can't be blamed.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread