+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 61 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast

Thread: Kris and Jon

I finally pinpointed why I dislike them and don't trust their niceness to one another, imo it's because they don't know each other well enough yet to lose it in front of each other. At first it came off as somewhat "fake" to me but after thinking aobut it, I realized it's because neither seems confortable enough in the relationship to truly snap and yell and gripe, probably because they haven't had any time together yet.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

As much as i don't want to agree with it, i think i have to go with Alanna this time around. And come to think of this, they just started dating this year and it is only them not bickering that seperates them from the rest. While the other couples are arguing, it is easy to tell that they have been together for a long time and are comfortable with each other regardless of whether they are shouting or yelling. I think the pressure of the race has not taken its toll on them yet and i dont think they will start arguing in the near future, but i guess time will tell.
    Well, I was thinking when he said, "king of the jungle," I was, like, "Well, during the first challenge you would still be lost in the jungle if Jim and I hadn't, like, led you out. - Brooke Struck on Judd

Love is like the wind...You can't see it, but you can feel it

FORT Fogey
    Well why should they have any reason to fight? Maybe they're just really calm people. Take Brandon from last year. If Nicole was just like him, would they have ever had any arguments? Not really. And even so, their arguments were hardly anything except for the one after they failed the bike detour but that was it.

What about Hayden & Aaron? They've been together for as long as K&J and already had some bickering. Shouldn't they be the same way, and be uncomfortable about fighting.

I don't think we can say they're fake when we hardly see them! They're never far behind, why would they panic and fight with each other? Also, like B&N who grew closer as the race went on...which you could see happening...we'll see happen with these 2. I doubt they'll ever go a horrible route and become nasty bickerers.

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar
    I find kind of annoying (no, scrap that, REALLY annoying) that people are on "monster alert" with K&J. They are not on a blind date, people. Oh well, I can't wait for future episodes where Jon bangs Kris on the head with the car hatch and alienates fellow contestants with his incessant obnoxiousnesses. Only then will they be a "real couple".

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki_Brandon
    Can someone answer this question please? What is a go-go dancer and how does it differ from a stripper? But anyhow she still looks great....
    Heh... our resident expert, JR, advised on page 2 that go-go dancers don't take their clothes off, and strippers do.

And I agree with quangtran.... why must we be looking for something wrong with this team? Everyone seemed very content with how pleasant Chip and Kim were last season... why can't we accept that Kris and Jon get along? It was fun to see Avi and his buddy have such positive attitudes in the first episode, but because this team is a couple they inherently must argue?

Are we so disfunctional that we think something is wrong with a couple that is not???
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Leo
    Premium Member

I think we should remind ourselves that in TAR, teams that got along very well used to be the exemption, not the rule. It used to be the case that it was a handful of teams who behaved like morons, not the current case where it's a handful of teams that behave like decent human beings.

Heh, it's just my opinion. I'm not looking for a monster, long distance dating is not the same as seeing each other everyday and dealing w/ silly little problems that can arise on a day to day basis. All the couples get pissed off at each other, even Freddy & Kendra and Hayden & Aaron and the fact that they don't coupled with the fact that they've known each other for only a bit of time tells me that they're not comfortable with each other yet. One extreme (wife-beating Jonathon) or the other extreme is not good in my eyes, I'm all about happy middles. YMMV of course
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

I'm just relieved I'm not the ONLY one who doesn't much care for them. They just turn me off, somehow. I do prefer teams who get along - I rooted for Chip & Kim, and I'm fully behind Lena & Kristy now that Meredith & Maria are gone. I do agree that Kris & Jon seem to be consciously on their best behaviour. Well, better than watching an ongoing barrage of verbal beratement of one spouse by another (we all know who I'm talkin' about).
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    I do agree that Kris & Jon seem to be consciously on their best behaviour.
    , they seem to forcing it a bit too much, like one would rather implode than say "sweetie, when you do that it irritates me." Thanks AJane for saying exactly what I meant to
    ~ Sex and the City

I'm definitely rooting for them to go far in this race. I'm very thankful that these two are not fighting all the time (at least, they choose not to show us if they do.)
    I agree with Alanna that the fact that they are dating long distance may be the reason why they are more pleasant to each other but I must say that they seem like genuinely good people.

Even if they don't have to deal with silly little problems, I do think they still have to deal with other important stuff (for example, being far from one another is a problem.)
    I also think that they are very happy to be together this much, the race is a good opportunity to get to know the other person. That's why I think they have such a good attitude, so far.

+ Reply to Thread