+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Runner up cash?

FORT Fogey
    Alanna, they gotta get money cuz those bills sure don't stop coming for the month you're gone.

But for what B&N made, I DEFINITELY say they did the right thing back when they didn't shave their heads. Heck, Brandon's probably still trying to pay off college! Can you imagine dealing with a wig all the time? Without a ton of money? Meh. Now I'm really glad they didn't do it.

I read that each team gets a SAG minimum of about $150 each per episode, that they are on. The 2nd an third place get more, I think the figures of 50k and 25K sound about right.

i heard that blake and paige frm the TAR2 won 25k......so i guess dis must be the amt for third placed teams

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna
    The network pays for all the flights and I'm sure they can afford it...I remember that scripted shows cost something like 4 million per eppy to flim not including what you pay the actors. NBC paided 14 million per eppy of Friends' last year, including the salary for the cast. So I'm sure CBS is just fine

and I'm very happy that most of them got some money, how nice, I didn't know the runner-ups got money too
    TAR apparently costs something like $ 1 million per episode ( can't remember where I read that, sorry). Obviously the cost is paid out of ad money received, selling of foreign rights etc. You say that NBC paid 14 million for the last season of Friends but I'm sure they got a LOT more ad money for Friends than CBS does for TAR. I don't know how they figure out what prize money to give out but I'm sure they make sure they meet their costs first before figuring out what they can pay out to the contestants.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

well....Christie mentioned they won 50K for being 1st runner up in an interview...

http://itemonline.com/articles/2004/...ocal/news1.txt

very interesting article...
    Last edited by |eogeO; 09-27-2004 at 11:52 AM.

That was a good article |eogeO, with confirmation of the flat tire they got on the way to the final pit stop, she says they were only 10 minutes behind Chip and Kim. And another complaint about the way they were edited.
    Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally. ~ Napoleon Dynamite

So does that mean they had a flat tire on the last leg?...the one where they had that super fast driver that was dring on the shoulder of the freeway???

Or is she talking about the flat tire they had where Colin was so mad at the driver with the "donut" spare tire?
    kitty-cats rule!

Here's the quote from the article:

In the lead for the majority of the race, Colin and Christy won six of the show's stages, but they finished second at the end after getting yielded, being held up at the Denver airport and having a flat tire on a cab ride.

Even with those setbacks, they were still incredibly close to the million-dollar prize.

"We came in only about 10 minutes behind Chip and Kim, even with the delayed flights, and what they didn't show was that we had a flat tire on the side of the road," Christie said. "If it had only been the delayed flight, we may have been able to catch up, but we kind of accepted it when we got the flat tire.

"Coming in so much later than Chip and Kim, we realized that one, we could not make any mistakes and two, we could not have any bad luck. We figured we'd be forty-five minutes behind. We didn't realize we'd end up coming that close."
    Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally. ~ Napoleon Dynamite

FORT Regular
    Since apparently Mirna has joined the boards, maybe she can fill us in!

FORT Fogey
    Did anyone see the last part where Christie will pursue an acting career. Good luck hun, reality shows aren't the best bet in getting into acting.

Interesting article though. I guess TAR AS is out of the question for them then if they decide to do it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast