+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: From a Fort Newbie

FORT Newbie

From a Fort Newbie

Yesterday, on my way home from LA, I received an additional birthday present. I've been a fan of The Amazing Race from Day One and have lurked on this website for forever, but have never had the time nor the burning desire to post, but yesterday was too much not to share.

On my way thru security for American Airlines, I damn near bumped into Brandon and Nicole. Who could miss the big old head of hair! I tried really hard not to stare as they made their way thru security at the lane next to me. Then, I tried really hard not to be too obvious as I followed them to their gate. They were headed out to New York on the 8 am flight, WITH all of the rest of the top four teams!

Holy Cow! I nearly fainted. Instead, I found a seat nearby and watched and listened for over an hour until their plane left. (Good thing I was really early for my flight). At the last moment, final boarding call, even Phil appeared from nowhere and walked on!

Pretty cool 40th birthday present...must be my good karma! For what it's worth, everyone spoke to everyone else, almost....

Quote Originally Posted by Graceful
    Pretty cool 40th birthday present...must be my good karma! For what it's worth, everyone spoke to everyone else, almost....
    How incredible for you Graceful. I would have

By the way...

Thanks for coming out of lurkdom to share with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Graceful
    Man! That's really cool! I bet they were on their way to go for The Early Show appearance.

What do you mean "almost..."? Keep talking, we want to hear more!
    kitty-cats rule!

Hi Graceful

How cool! Didn't you go up & talk to any of them?

Almost.... ?? What does that mean... Was there no dissention between any? I guess Colin no longer had reason to be a jerk since the game has been over for a while now (for them). Heres hoping CBS does a re-cap show with the contestants.. Id like to see that.

FORT Newbie
    Sorry to be so tardy in my reply!

This is what I observed in a little over an hour watching the teams...

Everyone said hello to Brandon and Nicole as they walked up. They sat across the seating area from the Moms and their spouses. The chair arrangement at the terminal is not long rows of seating. Think of small little conversation areas, two seats across with a table and then two more seats. It's hard to describe! Anyway....the bowling Moms chatted with Brandon and Nicole. Chip and Kim had their backs to me. The Moms were on their far left and Colin and Christie were on Chip and Kim's immediate right. Chip, Kim, Colin and Christie were very chatty. Brandon and Nicole were NOT. Christie got up at one point and went over and chatted with the Moms and B&N. As far as I could tell, Colin never spoke to the Moms or to B&N. Colin is very short...no taller than Christie.

I couldn't get up the nerve to go talk to anyone! After all, they are just regular folk, especially the Moms (my personal favorites!). Had Phil appeared on the scene earlier, I would have approached him as he is a celebrity and is used to such things. Also, the Moms looked tired...Karen kept resting her head on her spouses shoulder.

Oh, one more thing. I do know why Nicole was such a wimp in a lot of the competitions. She's a little bitty, tiny girl who must wear a size two at the most. I can't believe she does modeling as she is so SHORT. No muscle on that girl.

Very cool, Graceful!

to the FORT and
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

How cool!!! I would have been so excited, thanks for sharing!!! Lol I gotta ask...was Colin being mental or no?? I need to know!!
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Newbie
    Colin looked perfectly normal. Really SHORT though! A small man in many ways.

Graceful: Thanks so much for sharing that story with us!

I wish I met some of them.

PS: Welcome to the forum.
    I this forum.

"If this [points to heart] is empty, this [points to head] doesn't matter."
    ~from the movie, Jerry McGuire

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast