+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Week 11 Ratings: Another preliminary 7.0!!!

Do the Bartman! Sonic-TARmaniac's Avatar

Week 11 Ratings: Another preliminary 7.0!!!

NBC moved up to grab first at 10 p.m. as "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" did a 7.2/12. CBS' "Amazing Race 5" was right in the mix with a 7.0/12. ABC reaired "The Benefactor," but nobody watched.
    TAR got 2nd in its timeslot (compared to 1st last week), but its preliminary rating/share is the same as last week! It's great to see the 7 again

Rating/Share: 7.0/12
    Adults 18-49: 4.7

It was #1 of the night in Adults 18-49, however showing a .2 drop from last week's preliminary.

Total viewers coming soon.
    Last edited by Sonic-TARmaniac; 09-15-2004 at 12:25 PM.

FORT Fogey
    Great news!

This upcoming viewer amount STUNS me (in a bad way too). Preliminary count says 10.2 million viewers watched TAR last night (1.46 mil viewers per rating point? what happened?). Last time with a 7.0 rating the preliminary was 10.7 million. Odd... I guess we'll have to wait for the final ratings later this week.

I wonder if the 10.2, was a typo and should have been 11.2 instead. That would make far more sense with a potential 7.0 rating.

7.0 x 1.59 = 11.13

If in fact the 10.2 is correct (hope not), the rating will have to go down from 7.0 to around 6.5. I suppose this could be the case if there were some TV markets without TAR or with it at other times, etc. However, I thought the overnight estimates of viewers was based on the same overnight estimates of ratings. So, you'd think that they both (rating and viewers) would reflect the same data. ???????

Also, I've updated my charts through Leg 10 now.

http://home.kc.rr.com/arfun/tar

Enjoy!
    There are three cigars in the humidor --- My yo-yo has no string --- Isn't that rather misshapen?
    It's supposed to bend that way, I'm Italian! --- I bring new meaning to the phrase 'Blown out of proportion'! --- My puzzle has one piece missing

Thanks, TAR4 ATC Dave and TAR4 ATCSteve!

Good point. The average amount of viewers for the night on CBS was 10.2 million viewers. Big Brother recieved 10.1 million viewers, NCIS probably around 9.0-10.0, and if TAR indeed recieved 11.2 million viewers, NCIS got 9.3 million which seems just about right.

TAR will most likely not be in the top 20 this week.

7 shows ALONE last night kicked TARs ass with ratings 9.8 and higher. Survivor recieved an 11.5. CSI jumped from its summer 7.5-9.0 rating to a 13.9 rating. WAT also jumped into the double digits.

On NBC, all the shows did incredible, Joey with a slight dip, Apprentice with a rise. Will & Grace also beat TAR.

Nothing on the other networks came close, the 8th show in ranking was a 4.0 on Primetime Thursday (ABC) which was less than half of the 7th show which was 9.8.

In adults 18-49, 7 shows beat TARs PRELIMINARY. WAT, the 7th show got a 5.0, and the final TAR ratings could be higher than that (a 5.1 or 5.2 maybe?).

All these shows in the double digits make me think twice of TAR being a hit... :'(.

The shows that beat TAR this week:

Monday Night Football
    Las Vegas
    Everybody Loves Raymond
    Two and a Half Men
    LAX
    Law and Order: Special Victims Unit
    Sigfried & Roy: The Miracle
    Law & Order
    Survivor: Vanuatu
    Joey
    Apprentice
    CSI:
    Without A Trace
    Will & Grace
    20/20
    60 Minutes
    Emmys
    Cold Case
    CSI: Miami
    WAT

That makes TAR #21 and off the top 20 list for ratings (will we find out the final rating/share?) In viewers it probably was between 13-18.

I'd agree with your list, except "2.5Men". I thought it was a 6.9 versus TAR's 7.0. Or did one of those ratings change?

All I have are the unofficial overnight stuff. Which can change. TAR's overnight was 7.0. I assume it will end up in the 6.9 - 7.1 range.

There were 17 shows with an overnight of 7.3 or higher -- I assume that those are out of reach outside of a major adjustment. Then there was...
    18th 7.2 -- L&O (Wed)
    19th 7.2 -- Raymond
    20th 7.0 -- TAR

21st 6.9 -- NCIS
    22nd 6.9 -- CSI:M (Wed)
    23rd 6.9 -- BB (Tue)
    24th 6.9 -- 2.5Men

25th 6.8 -- Dateline (Fri)

26th 6.6 -- Third Watch
    27th 6.6 -- Benefactor (Mon)
    28th 6.6 -- CSI:M (Mon)

So, I have TAR in the Top 20 Ratings. To not make the top 20, it would have to be either...
    (a) be reduced to 6.8 or lower, OR
    (b) be reduced to 6.9 -AND- one of the 6.9 shows increased to 7.0+.

But, I do agree, that TAR will be Top 20 in Viewers, even if it is not by Rating. We'll see in a few hours, or tomorrow at latest.
    There are three cigars in the humidor --- My yo-yo has no string --- Isn't that rather misshapen?
    It's supposed to bend that way, I'm Italian! --- I bring new meaning to the phrase 'Blown out of proportion'! --- My puzzle has one piece missing

TAR wasn't in the top 20 for ratings. I'm waiting for USA Today to post viewers and such.

Sonic..., what was the lowest Rating in the Top 20? And what show(s) had that rating?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast