+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: “My God, I felt sorry for her!” recap 9-14-04

Quote Originally Posted by cali
    The title this week came from both My Husband and I who uttered the same thing about the same time. If you watched the episode you can probably figure out that it’s about Christie. She and Colin are quite the pair. They can have each other… but I’d like to see if there is a way to sterilize both of them.

I feel bad for Nicole during the Jeepnee decorating as the directions are very confusing, parts are labeled in a really strange way: Right Front, Right Rear, Left Front… etc. Poor Nicole has no idea what “Left” means. Those damn producers… that’s just not nice.

Nicole wants to choose Fowl, but Brandon says the ducks will “Fly and Yap and stuff”. Hmmm, yapping ducks? What’s next…quacking Toy Poodles?
    Welcome back, Cali! Great job as always, I don't think you have to worry about your job.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    Wow, Cali, you are fast and funny!

Leo can probably verify, but I think it's Jeepney

Yeah...true...JEEPNEY is the correct spelling for the public transportation in the Philippines

Welcome back Cali...thanks for the recap

excellent recap, cali! Clever stuff in the face of the worst behavior by a group of human beings in public.

You made it funny.
    Fabulous Fifty

Want to be green?? Join the Premium Member FORT team. Click for more info!

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    Excellent recap Cali!!!

It's Jitney (defined by Webster: . a small bus or similar vehicle carrying passengers on a fixed route, used for public transport ). Only reason I know this is we have a small bus around town that everyone calls the Jitney!

I'm sorry to correct you marybethp but the vehicle is called "jeepney," the most popular vehicle in the Philippines used for public transport (and now, also adapted by Papua New Guinea as mode of transportation).

Anyway, I hope you'll visit our beautiful country and see the beauty of the Philippines!

Top Places to visit:

1. Boracay (because of the beach)
    2. El Nido, Palawan (breathtaking scenery, the last frontier of the Philippines)
    3. Makati City, Philippines (go shop and dine! also, the country's Wallstreet)
    4. Cebu City
    5. Vigan (Ilocos Sur) for the magnificent Spanish houses

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense."
    - Tom Clancy (1947-), paraphrasing Mark Twain

Missing Colin and Christie of the The Amazing Race 5

Rooting for Gus and Hera in The Amazing Race 6 ; Jonathan and Kendra sucks! :phhht

Quote Originally Posted by texasgal
    OK, I have a question...When Colin and Christie found the clue in the mud, it wasn't with the plow, but Christie found it with her foot. Don't they usually get penalized if they don't follow the instructions of the detour exactly?
    Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. Why did they get away with that?
    Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally. ~ Napoleon Dynamite

Quote Originally Posted by Pabby
    Great recap, Cali! This was my personal favorite:

Colin truly is a beast . . . it's amazing how quickly he can be provoked into his little temper-trantrums, tearfully exclaiming, "I hate you!" How old is he . . . two? Maybe if he played nicer, he wouldn't have a broken ox! :deadhorse

I thought exactly the same as you about the Yield. Why does anyone consider it more unfair than the Fast Forward? Both are devices for getting ahead of a team or teams. Is it because the Yield is targeted at only one team, while the Fast Forward is targeted at all of the teams? What if a team knew they were in next-to-last place and decided to go for the FF? Would the team who came in last start screaming that it was unfair that someone had stooped to using the FF? C&C certainly didn't have any problem using the FF themselves in Episode 5 . . . I'm curious to know why they think using the Yield is so down and dirty. I'd bet my last dime that if the race was in the final stages, and C&C found themselves in jeopardy, they wouldn't hesitate to use the Yield, despite what they claim. It's alot easier to say you wouldn't use the Yield on any other team when you don't really have a need to. But, when push comes to shove and, and seeing what we have of C&C, I think they'd use the Yield in a heartbeat. Pity that now, if they do use it at some future point, I'm sure they'll try to say it was justified due to the treatment they got from the others.

But, enough about C&C for now . . . thanks again for your too, too funny recaps of The Amuzing Race.
    The Yield was designed because of the emotional factor and response that would come out from the Yielded team.
    If this were a car race, the Fast Forward is like everyone has a one shot nitro booster. The Yield is like one team sabotaging the other's car.

Quote Originally Posted by octobergirl
    The clue was dug out by the plow. But Colin can't do three things at the same time: steer, plow and check the ground. Especially since the carabao was moving too fast. If Christie didn't come closer, she wouldn't have noticed it.

Quote Originally Posted by octobergirl
    In AR3 finale, Flo & Zach had to choose a Detour where they have row themselves to an island with them little boats or deliver with bicycle a hundred baskets. They eventually chose rowing but it was difficult so Zach got a couple of locals to do it for them.

In a website interview, Flo admitted they got penalized for that because they were supposed to row themselves. So, they were given a penalty of one hour delay. Of course, when the episode was shown on TV, they didn't bother to tell the viewer they got penalized. Probably not worth mentioning?

FORT Regular
    My VCR had issues and I didn't tape last nights show. I was hoping you would recap it but was pleasantly surprised at how fast it was. Awesome recap! Great format too, with the tasks descriptions first and then the individual teams. All my favourite quotes have been taken but again, super job! Thanks Cali!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast