+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: TAR5 : Priceless destinations **Destination spoilers**

I should say Manila, not Phillippines....I apologise if I made you feel bad.

Can't wait to see the pretty side of the Phillippines next week then! I have little knowledge about the country really, before this episode I really have no idea what Phillippines look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Bianco
    I should say Manila, not Phillippines....I apologise if I made you feel bad.

Can't wait to see the pretty side of the Phillippines next week then! I have little knowledge about the country really, before this episode I really have no idea what Phillippines look like.
    That's alright, bianco. This is one of the main reasons why a lot of Filipinos are thrilled that TAR5 included Manila and Palawan in the race. Brandon & Nicole actually exemplify what so many people on the other side of the world know about the Philippines, i.e., 'nothing much'. Among the remaining teams, I would assume that Chip & Kim have fairly good familiarity with my country considering that, aside from being California-based, they separately run two companies (Chip - web developing firm and Kim - recruiting/headhunting firm) which are likely to employ Filipino immigrants who specialize in IT-related and/or Human Resource matters.

But getting back to the topic at hand, look forward to next week's episode because El Nido, Palawan is one of the best places to visit in the whole archipelago. The same island houses the ultra high-end exclusive Amanpulo Resort which attracts a good number of international celebrities (Mariah Carey being the latest) who are willing to pay $$$$ just to enjoy the sea, sand, and the sun in utmost privacy.
    Halfway around the world, I greet you "Mabuhay!"

The bad thing is that I'm not from the 'other side of the world'....

In fact I was born in a city just about 1000 kms from Phillippines.

Yet I don't know anything about the country!

I wonder what sort of place Palawan is? Is it mountainous? A place like Hawaii?

Quote Originally Posted by Bianco
    The bad thing is that I'm not from the 'other side of the world'....

In fact I was born in a city just about 1000 kms from Phillippines.

Yet I don't know anything about the country!

I wonder what sort of place Palawan is? Is it mountainous? A place like Hawaii?
    Wow, bianco, don't tell me you were born in Taiwan in the north or Sabah, Malaysia in the south. Anyways, you will enjoy learning more about the Philippines or Southeast Asia in general if you really get into it.

Palawan is actually one of the biggest islands in the Philippines. It is considered to be the last frontier of the country. It has just about the best beaches and dive portals available in this part of the globe. One of the 75 world heritage sites is located near the southern side of the island, the Tubbataha Reef Marine Park which contains one of the most diverse field of fish species imaginable. Palawan also has a carefully-preserved animal sanctuary which the whole country is proud of.

Palawan is not exactly reminiscent of Hawaii because it doesn't have a single volcano or hula-dancing residents, but the clear water, tropical weather, huge rock formations and warm people will surely give you some hints of being in the Aloha state.
    Last edited by dragonman64; 09-18-2004 at 11:19 AM.
    Halfway around the world, I greet you "Mabuhay!"

and to think that Brandon actually said something like "I know the Philippines is AN island.." LOL

FORT Fogey
    Well, he was close Now he knows the truth. See, ya learn something new every day.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234