+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Amazing Race 6 Delayed Until LATE October

I vote...

I think waiting is a good idea. I agree with the strategy of the time slot opening caused by canceled shows. My reasons are more personal. I want to forget about the past racers, before the new ones are introduced. I don't want to make comparisons. I'd rather view the show fresh each time.

Their time slot should be 8-9 or 9-10. There is no reason for it to be on after 10. The earlier they are on, the bigger the audience.

Do the Bartman! Sonic-TARmaniac's Avatar
    Yes, but from 8-10 WB, UPN, and FOX are in the way. TAR should stay clear of that on Tuesdays ESPECIALLY when AI strolls in with the 2-hr specials. It will obliterate TAR in ratings...

Every week, I read the TV line up and try to determine what will tank so that they can rearrange and place TAR in the weekly line up. So far, it looks like Wednesday nights at 9pm ET/8pm CT might work. If I recall, it was in this time slot last year and worked great. Although I love Tuesdays -- spreads out my reality tv watching!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by dberk
    I think waiting is a good idea. I agree with the strategy of the time slot opening caused by canceled shows. My reasons are more personal. I want to forget about the past racers, before the new ones are introduced. I don't want to make comparisons. I'd rather view the show fresh each time.

Their time slot should be 8-9 or 9-10. There is no reason for it to be on after 10. The earlier they are on, the bigger the audience.
    I'd rather it be before ten, too. Because Clubhouse failed (not on it's normal night, either) I wouldn't count on TAR taking it's time slot already. CBS might rearrange some of it's shows, and move something from another night, and put TAR in it's place.

Clubhouse went up, but still not even close to TAR with a 2.6 Adults 18-49 rating. It lost 32% of its lead-in.

high chance that clubhouse would be scrapped and TAR 6 will take its place

Looks like we'll have a winner...

From the TV Guide online 09/30 http://www.tvguide.com/news/thebiz/

"NOT:

Clubhouse — Female viewers are not fans of sports stories. Men tend not to watch family dramas. This doesn't have an ounce of coolness for kids or teens. It's a show without an audience and an early candidate for cancellation on CBS."

Add the bad ratings and voilà... a future canned show!!!

Now, what needs to be figured is when?

Next week is the VP debate, so Oct. 10th or the 17th might be the time when CBS goes ahead
    "We didn't underestimate them, they were a lot better than we thought"

Sir Bobby Robson, now ex-Newcastle manager

FORT Fan
    dr.vegas is listed as a not as well, if Clubhouse survives I think vegas will be cancelled, with Clubhouse taking its spot and TAR again ending up on Tuesday, as it should if Clubhouse itself is gone.

Clubhouse is a goner. Especially since there is no episodes for 2 weeks, anyone who might have become a fan might have forgotten about it/thought it was cancelled since it isn't on. I think it has 2 more weeks max (Oct 12 and 19).

FORT Fogey
    See ya Clubhouse! I thought it looked so dumb anyway...and they kept pushing it and pushing it. Yuck. Woo I hope TAR takes its place. Tuesdays feel so empty now without it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345