+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Amazing Race 6 Delayed Until LATE October

I like the idea of moving it to a better time slot once some of those new shows flop (here's looking at you Clubhouse!), but I like the idea of waiting until after the baseball playoffs are over even better.
    I always hate how all the networks commit hari kari during the Olympics, but never during postseason baseball...
    Last edited by Eskoska; 09-11-2004 at 01:14 AM. Reason: inserted Snarky remark

Defender of life...
    Quote Originally Posted by jpoliver
    When it comes to spinning, tv executives have nothing on politicians. I agree with the previous poster who noted that CBS didn't announce a specific date, which leaves the phrase "late October" open for debate.

By the end of October, most (if not all) of CBS's new and returning series will have aired between 3 and 4 episodes. That is enough for CBS executives to determine if a series has staying power or if they should cut their loses and cancel it.

Perhaps this is CBS's way of "covering all the bases". By holding off on the sixth season of "Race", the network gets a chance to possibly position it elsewhere on the week. Also, if a new series does falter, CBS has a ready, proven, and (thankfully) growing series to take its place. If all the new series are performing well, CBS still gets to air "Race" on Saturdays, but with a 5-6 week breather. Even "Survivor" takes about a month off between seasons during the regular season.

I tend to agree on this. It's not like CBS can put out a press release stating that it is holding off TAR6 for replacement duty in case the network's new fall programming stinks the freakin' joint out. CBS is trying to promote its new shows and needs to maintain (in public) that all of those new shows are great and will be successes for the network.
    Last edited by EvWill; 09-11-2004 at 01:24 AM.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskoska
    I like the idea of moving it to a better time slot once some of those new shows flop (here's looking at you Clubhouse!), but I like the idea of waiting until after the baseball playoffs are over even better.
    I always hate how all the networks commit hari kari during the Olympics, but never during postseason baseball...
    I didn't think about baseball playoffs, but that's a good point. Why start the show if it might going to bring good ratings in, when if it had been delayed by a few weeks the ratings might have been completely different? I understand that it could work both ways, but I'm kind of glad they're delaying it.

delays are not always a bad thing... I mean, I think starting back to back is honestly a bad idea.. you need to start a buzz among the people.. TAR 6 is coming soon, get ready!. you know.. then new people don't feel like its almost a continuing program.. and gives them a chance to air some teaser commericals with out them feeling like spoilers and more or less introduce the cast if they choose..
    Big Brother 16: The Alliance - Come See the Fun in the Big Brother Forum!

Leo
    Premium Member
    The delay bothers me much less than the schedule does. TAR 5 has been the most successful TAR ratings-wise, so why stuff the next season on one of the worst schedules possible?

Jasmine Trias & Sam Milby NBCDaytimeFan's Avatar
    When would the finale be?

Leo
    Premium Member
    Sometime in the latter half of January would be around right.

Captain of the World
    I am thinking that they may just be waiting to replace a show in the middle of the week. The current time slot isn't bad but if they could move it in between Survivor and CSI, watch out. TAR will rule the world. Of course it would be up against the Apprentice so maybe it would only rule part of the world.
    Never Play Leap Frog With A Unicorn

Jasmine Trias & Sam Milby NBCDaytimeFan's Avatar
    Before The Apprentice, sandwiching TAR between Survivor and CSI would've been perfect, but now I don't thinks its such a good idea. Thursday at 10PM could be a good idea. Without a Trace is a strong enough series to air on its own, possibly Friday @ 10PM.

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    hmmm...saturdays ? Its not that bad but i would prefer it other times :/. So TAR6 is from October-Janurary? AR7 was currently filming these past 2 weeks *got info from Aaron from TAR3 by his commentaries on the teams at http://www.realityreel.com/modules.p...atid=&topic=74 * Ar7 will air some where in march then right?
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast