+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 10 Ratings: TAR gets 7.0!!!

Do the Bartman! Sonic-TARmaniac's Avatar

Week 10 Ratings: TAR gets 7.0!!!

Last night, TAR got a 7.0/12, and beat Law & Order: SVU (at 6.9/11).

It was the most-watched program of the night (Navy NCIS somehow got a 7.1 rating)!

It also got its best adult 18-49 rating ever with a 4.9.

Total viewer information coming soon.

Keep in mind, all these numbers are preliminary.
    Last edited by Sonic-TARmaniac; 09-08-2004 at 12:59 PM.

That's awesome! TAR is going strong, and I look forward to the next season.

FORT Fogey
    Wow! And weren't some people worried it'd lose ratings with Charla and Mirna being out of the race? Guess not!

YAY! Hopefully TAR6 will do just as good.

The preliminary viewer total is 10.7 mil. Which means the viewers per rating point isn't that good this time around, compared to when TAR had a 6.9 rating, the viewer amount was 10.9 (preliminary...became 11.1 in the final rating), and now its 7.0 with 10.7 million viewers.

FORT Newbie

Grr

Can't CBS see they have a good thing going and stick the upcoming AR6 on any night but Saturday (or Friday)?

Defender of life...
    Well, in the ad-friendly 18-49 measurement, we know that "The Amazing Race" has been a better thing this week than original episodes of "Last Comic Standing," "Father of the Pride," "Scrubs," "The Next Great Champ," "Hawaii," and even "Fear Factor" among others. All of the shows listed except for "The Amazing Race" have regular weeknight timeslots scheduled for the fall season. What exactly am I missing here?

So far only 2 shows beating TAR by rating:

CSI: Miami - 8.2
    Navy NCIS - 7.1

Only one show by viewers:

CSI: Miami - 12.5 million

TAR most likely will have a good week, except Apprentice & Joey might steal some spots.

FORT Fan
    If the 10.7 million viewers mark holds up, that would make this week's episode of "Race" (9/7) the most watched since the third episode back on July 20th.

That 10.7 million mark would also make episode 10 the second most watched episode this season.

Sometimes viewership inches upwards when the final numbers are released, so "Race" could add to its total.

By the way, the number to beat is 11.1 million viewers.

Anything and everything except Big Brother on the big 4 networks yesterday beat TAR (Joey is now at first with an 11.7/20), which is the highest rating for any non-olympic show that I've seen in a long time. I also haven't found Tuesday's final ratings yet, which were probably delayed by Labor Day/Hurricane Frances. I'll post them as soon as I do.

Defender of life...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-TARmaniac
    Anything and everything except Big Brother on the big 4 networks yesterday beat TAR (Joey is now at first with an 11.7/20), which is the highest rating for any non-olympic show that I've seen in a long time. I also haven't found Tuesday's final ratings yet, which were probably delayed by Labor Day/Hurricane Frances. I'll post them as soon as I do.
    Most Thursday programming for ABC, NBC and CBS all swamped TAR to be sure in overall audiences.

Early adult 18-49 measurements are more encouraging for TAR. In those preliminary adult 18-49 ratings, TAR has only lost so far this week to "Joey," "The Apprentice," and the pro football opener. TAR may have even beaten the "Medical Investigation" opener in 18-49 ratings this week despite the latter show having an "Apprentice" lead-in.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast