+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Someone will use the YIELD in Manila

I agree with the folks that voted CC to be the ones yielded. In the previews it shows them being *extremely* frustrated at each other, Colin telling Christie that he quote 'hates her.' He'd only get like that if he knew they were behind, in my opinion. I'd say a team pulled ahead of them at one of those collective spots that the teams get bunched up at, like one of the "opens at 7am" kind of places. Or an airport.
    That's my best bet
    I C&K

I miss Chip N Dales. Favs from day 1

Umm... Look at the insider. Colin hated the carabao (water buffalo). The carabao is not going to the direction he wants it to go.

Colin hates the water buffalo?!? LOL
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

Even if he IS saying that he hates the buffallo, he would only get that emotional if he was behind.
    Shows I'm Watching: The Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Battle of the Sexes 2, Survivor: Vanuatu, The Apprentice 2, The Real World: Philidelphia

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai5925
    Even if he IS saying that he hates the buffallo, he would only get that emotional if he was behind.
    I don't think Colin needs to be behind to "get emotional." He seems to blow his top quite easily if things don't go his way. And if the water buffalo are not going the way he wants them too...watch out. :rolleyes
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    I don't think Colin needs to be behind to "get emotional." He seems to blow his top quite easily if things don't go his way. And if the water buffalo are not going the way he wants them too...watch out. :rolleyes

Sadly enough, that is true.
    Shows I'm Watching: The Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Battle of the Sexes 2, Survivor: Vanuatu, The Apprentice 2, The Real World: Philidelphia

I have a feeling it's going to be either the moms or Chip and Kim that actually get yielded... I think the preview with the black hand made it look like it was Chip, so we would be suprised when HE got yielded. I also don't think the "team is furious" about getting yielded (cbs site) means it's Colin, I think that's put there to suprise us once again.

-Dave_B
    Colin and Christie or bust!

Update: Avatar = pic of me now!

Early on I also thought that Colin and Christie will be yielded.

Thought about it a few more times and I think the moms will have a chance at being yielded.

The other teams seem to see Linda and Karen as a very strong team (at least Colin does). I don't think Brandon and Nikki would yield anyone, nor would Colin. So that leaves to Chip and Kim....who would undoubtly use the yield after their mistake in the last leg!

I wouldn't take that "black" hand as a prove of who would use the yield. That should 90% be a producer's hand.

Read this guys... I got it here

http://www.livejournal.com/users/alcobobaz/4832.html

So the producers of the show said we could already say that we're working for THE AMAZING RACE!!!! baby!! i cant believe i can tell people that i worked for a hollywood tv show! and one of my favorites as well! WAY COOL!!

here's my amazing race experience:
    Me and my mom got to the coconut palace (the pitstop by the way)at 8am. Chinky(nicola's sister) came 15 minutes after. My other cousins- Miguel, Niko, his gf Nicola and Kitton were all assigned to be the PA's for the Kalabaw and Duck Farm at Laguna. They get to see all the action! But we get to see the elimination! hehe. Plus, the coconut palace is a better place to hang out and wait than a Kalabaw farm. hehe. Oh. and since my mom also used to work for the movie indusry, she was assigned to be the head PA of the pitsop..

So back to me and chinky.. since nobody was there pa, we talked muna mostly bout tv shows-amazing race(of course) and american idol. haha.Then the producers arrived at 8:30 so we helped in setting up the amazing race mat and sign!!( i actually touched the mat all the contestans have been stepping on for the past 5 years!! haha woopee).tita tina came as luli arroyo's(the greeter) P.a. , my cousin Franco then came with Phil(the host!)

The idea of working as a Production Assistant for the Amazing Race really got me all excited(i mean, who wouldnt?!) so i was all giddy even though we were picking up trash all over the place.

When I found out that my job as a Production Assistant was to be the lookout outside the coconut palace for the arriving teams, i was hella excited. Imagine, If it wouldnt be for me, the people inside(the pitsop was at the garden facing Manila Bay)waiting wouldnt be ready for the cameras and stuff haha! talk about a big responsibility! hehehe. but then, it started to rain real hard so they gave me a different job instead- tagapayong ng host at ni luli arroyo habang naghihintay sila dumating yung mga contestants.nyok. at first i thought "ayos!! makikita ako sa scene!!" but the producer told me na once the contestants arrive, i should get out of the way. pffffffft. bad trip. hehehe. from being the lookout to being the alalay. hehe. but anyway, it was still cool.

And since the coconut palace was the pitstop, we were able to watch the teams arrive and get eliminated(?) haha! that means i know who stays and who gets booted out! but im not saying!!!( i can use this to my advantage when studio 23 shows this on air and asks who gets eliminated every week!)

So the teams arrived one by one. and they were REALLy fast. and i mean REALLY FAST. at about 2pm, we got a radio message that they arrived in the philippines already..at about 3, all four teams were already in laguna and at about 4:30, they were all in Roxas Boulevard na! grabe. saludo ako sa mga teams! imagine, they had to take jeepneys or buses from laguna to get to the coconut palace. for people who have never used public jeepneys and busses before, they sure were good. talo pako. i dont even know how to commute. and another factor i think that made it faster for them is that pinoys know how to speak in english. oh! and one funny thing, my tito(the philippine producer) was of course in the airport when the teams were arriving and he told us that when the teams with cameras all over arrived and started to run, all the people daw in the airport were like "UY!! TINGNAN MO! SURVIVOR! SURVIVOR!!" wahahaa.

All the teams arrived at the pitstop at around 5-6pm. We werent allowed to, but I took pics and videos with my cellphone! haha. During dinner, the power went out so all the teams(and us)had to eat in the dark.

After dinner, the teams had their interviews(the part when they talk about what happened to them, bla bla) and after their interview, chinky and i were assigned to bring the contestants to the hotel! wooh! hehe. Chinky went with Chip and Kim & Linda and Karen while I went with Brandon and Nicole & Colin and Christie. Two stinky chicks in the car with me! woohoo. hehe and can i just say that i actually talked to Nicole! I asked her "Excuse me, is this jacket yours?" ahahha! even though i know it wasnt hers! hehehehe.

so yeah, after bringing them to the hotel, we went home na. Got home at 8:30 pm. i slept for a while then my mom woke me up again at 1am! oh god. we have to go back to the pitstop to shoot the departure scene!

so we got there at 2am. brownout pa! the producers and then the teams came. i took pics with my cellphone camera again! hehe. then one of the producers told me to throw the amazing race clues,detours, road blocks, airport stubs, yields, id's and envelopes that the teams left behind. and of course, i couldnt decline. I did throw it, but not in the trash...I threw it in my car! I'm not going to throw out something that made a HUGE DEAL
    for me! i hope they understand that. hehe.

so once all the teams left the pitstop(theyre going to palawan next), my Amazing race experience was finished. haay.everything finished at 4:30am..we got home at 5am. i took a bath then slept!!

"the ultimate betrayal"? Maybe Christie yields Colin?

Christie: "That's it! You need a time out."
    Colin: "I hate you!"
    Christie: "What did you say?"
    Colin: "Nothing. I was talking to that water buffalo."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast