+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Someone will use the YIELD in Manila

FORT Newbie

Yield Conspiracy?

From CBS Website: "Each leg of the race has a YIELD point."

Also from website "Route Markers" page...Episodes:
    1. "Alison & Donny were first to find the Yield on this leg, but they elected not to use it."
    2. "No Team found the Yield on this leg."
    3. "No Team found the Yield on this leg."
    4. "No Team used the Yield on this leg."
    5. "No Team found the Yield on this leg."
    6. "No Team found the Yield on this leg."
    7. "No Team found the Yield on this leg."
    8. "There was no Yield on this leg."
    9. "Colin & Christie and Chip & Kim encountered the Yield in Kolkata on this leg, but opted not to use it."
    10. "When he and Kim encountered the Yield in New Zealand, he pretended that he was going to use it on twins Kami & Karli. The joke, however, was on Chip, because the little prank cost him and Kim valuable time and they struggled to avoid elimination."

The CBS website states that there will be a Yield in each leg, but the CBS website contradicts itself saying that there was no Yield on the leg in Episode 8.

Since each time a Yield was seen by television viewers every team participating in the leg found the Yield (I missed episode 1 though, so I could be wrong), I'm tempted to believe that there were Yields on every single leg, and that in every leg, every team found the Yields and opted not to use them.

The producers obviously have visibility into the first usage of the Yield, and it would be dramatically uninteresting to show every team not using the Yield the first several episodes. I would think it makes great story telling sense to show the Yield the first episode, not show it the entire game even though they've found them, up until a couple episodes before teams start to use or consider using the Yield.

So I'd speculate that the legs are set up so that the Yields can't be missed. What would stop a team from walking right by the Yield 15 yards away but not seeing it because it's blocked by a tree (or better yet pretending "to not see it")? What if they saw it from the taxi and intentionally avoided it knowing they were right behind someone who'd use it? I'd imagine there is a rule that you have to go through the Yield before going to the checkpoint. Just a hunch though.

It wouldn't be the first time they witheld from airing things like roadblocks or what not as I believe is stated in other threads. I'm new to TAR so sorry if I stated something so wrong or so obvious.

Wesley I believe is right on point.. I used to think the yield had to be "found" but for the sake of editing, keeping it interesting, but still making peolpe aware of it, this is the way to go... they showed it in the beginning, brought it to our attention.. then hid it away since no one was using it, now, every episode they are showing little bits and pieces of it, more and more times per episode, this episode everyone said "We choose not to yield anyone" so I don't doubt they've had to do that all through out... Editors are good at hiding things they don't want seen, and now that they've re-introduced us to it, in pre-empt for next weeks episode, its coming to a climax, and we shall see what happens..
    Big Brother 16: The Alliance - Come See the Fun in the Big Brother Forum!

I think Chip and Kim are going to get yielded. I think it'll be either Team Vanity, or the Bowling Moms to use it.

I say this because of the promo saying it's an act of betrayal. Chip and Kim have been nothing but nice to folks 99% of the time in this race and they will porbably help out another team in the early stages of this next leg. Then the team they helped will yield them when given the chance.

From the CBS website:
    However, there is no limit to the number of times that a Team can be YIELDed by the other Teams.

How cruel is that?

I think there's a definite possibility that Chip and Kim will be involved with the Yield, either by using it or being yielded by another team. I think C&C are too proud and they want to win without the help of anything or anyone.

I think that Colin and Christie will be yieled. Why? Because look at the time of day during the challenges. For example, in the cow challenge, it looks like they are later in the day than LK.

But they could just be behind, and it may have nothing to do with the Yield.
    Shows I'm Watching: The Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Battle of the Sexes 2, Survivor: Vanuatu, The Apprentice 2, The Real World: Philidelphia

If it's 'Ultimate Betrayal" we're talking about, then the YIELD will definitely be between Colin & Christie and Chip & Kim. I have a feeling Chip & Kim - upon finding out that they are ahead of Colin & Christie at one point - will betray their "friendship" and use the yield on them. Or it could also go vice-versa. Either way, these two teams are the ones who nicely fit the 'ultimate betrayal' theme. Just my thoughts... :rolleyes
    Halfway around the world, I greet you "Mabuhay!"

Even though I think it will be Chip and Kim to use it I would think it would be even funnier if Linda and Karen used it on Colin! I mean, who would suspect the Bowling Moms?

Besides, if Chip used it, it wouldn't really be betrayal. I mean, they seem to really want him gone!
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

With all these anticipation about the Yield being used in Episode 11 and with Colin supposedly breaking down to the point of tears, I daresay that next week's TAR episode might just get the highest rating since it started!
    Halfway around the world, I greet you "Mabuhay!"

My theory is that C&K use it on C&C. If you watch Colin, his tantrums all come when he's behind or feels he's in danger of falling behind. He's been perfectly relaxed on legs when he's so far ahead he doesn't feel threatened (this 10th leg being a perfect example). I think the "betrayal" will come from C&C feeling that C&K are the "nice guys" and can be trusted. Colin's been relaxed around Chip for the most part, and hasn't really seemed threatened by him. Being nice to Colin isn't the way to force him to self destruct, but running past him in the race might be. And Chip's plan of pretending an alliance with Colin might be a smart tactic if he's actually planning a cutthroat maneuver at some point after Colin feels safe. Pushing Colin's "competitive" button might actually cause the explosion some of us have been waiting to see.
    We are experiencing technical difficulties...Please stand by...

FORT Fogey
    I have a question about the yield. Ok you can only yield a team behind you so why was it up in the air that Chip and Kim thought the bowling moms were behind them. Don't they get to see who is behind them and choose or do they have to choose to use the yield and than are allowed to see the people who are left?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast