+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Amazing Race 6 Delayed until October 2nd

Do the Bartman! Sonic-TARmaniac's Avatar

The Amazing Race 6 Delayed until October 2nd

http://www.tvbarn.com/ticker2004/archives/027041.shtml

From TVBarn:
    THE PREMIERE OF THE EMMY AWARD-WINNING “THE AMAZING RACE 6” MOVED TO SATURDAY, OCT. 2, 8:00-9:00 PM
    That stinks. It was delayed a week from the previous announced September 25th date. Also, coincidentally, Oct 2 was the premiere date of TAR3, the last fall TAR.
    Last edited by Sonic-TARmaniac; 09-01-2004 at 06:22 PM.

Jay
    Uh, oh, is anyone getting worried?

Only thing I'd be worried about is Flo reappearing.

I think that the late start in filming (just began August 13th...likely to end 10th-15th of this month) needed more time for the post-production stuff like editing, so they had to delay the premiere a bit.

Too late to edit...

Just realized something else. This gives TAR time incase another show flops, TAR can take it's spot! (Maybe that's why CBS moved it...)

why!!!!! it cant be!!!!!! this is messed up cbs is turning into fox now starts something but doesnt finish it

Defender of life...
    Television has become a very cutthroat business in the era of TiVo. Schedules can change on very little notice.

As for TAR6, the post-production may well need more time, the TAR folks weren't given much time on this one so that's probably the most reasonable explanation.

That said, I agree with Sonic that CBS has bought itself some time to make a quick change in day and time for TAR6 should both new fall comedies or one of the new fall dramas (not named "CSI: NY") flop early.

The likely scenario is probably still that TAR6 launches in a Saturday slot as scheduled but we shall see for sure in a month plus.
    Last edited by EvWill; 09-01-2004 at 09:34 PM.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-TARmaniac
    Too late to edit...

Just realized something else. This gives TAR time incase another show flops, TAR can take it's spot! (Maybe that's why CBS moved it...)
    I'm sure the suits in CBS's executive suites hope that isn't the case. With the exception of "Amazing Race 6" all of CBS's series (new and returning) will debut the weeks of September 20th or 27th. That means most series will only have aired a maximum of two episodes (or only one episode) by the time TAR6 makes it on the air.

Unless CBS suits get cold feet or one of their new series ("Clubhouse", perhaps?) bombs in historic fashion, TAR6 will call Saturdays home. Of course, uber-producer Jerry Bruckheimer (who has 6 series, including TAR, on CBS) could throw a "hissy-fit" and demands that TAR be moved.

I'm not concerned about the delay of one week. But I'm still concerned about the Saturday timeslot. We've already had a couple of cancellations of the Saturday repeats for TAR5 due to pre-season football games. What will happen to TAR when football season is in full swing?

Change the timeslot, CBS!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    I'm not concerned about the delay of one week. But I'm still concerned about the Saturday timeslot. We've already had a couple of cancellations of the Saturday repeats for TAR5 due to pre-season football games. What will happen to TAR when football season is in full swing?

Change the timeslot, CBS!
    Usually CBS (and Fox) air their NFL games on Sunday afternoon (on the East Coast) while ESPN and ABC air games in primetime on Sunday and Monday. Once the NFL pre-season ends, TAR6 should run uninterrupted.

Defender of life...
    Quote Originally Posted by jpoliver
    Usually CBS (and Fox) air their NFL games on Sunday afternoon (on the East Coast) while ESPN and ABC air games in primetime on Sunday and Monday. Once the NFL pre-season ends, TAR6 should run uninterrupted.
    CBS has a package of afternoon college football games, mostly from the Southeastern Conference, that usually air from 3:30 to 7 p.m. Eastern. Of course, there have been occasions every now and then when the games have run over with multiple overtimes past 8 p.m.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast