+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rage Over Race

Colin gets a for this!!!!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by karalott
    A matter of opinion, because I don't consider C&C to be any better racers than C&M. It was a mistake the cousins made, and not really a mistake, just bad luck. Had they're flight not been delayed, they'd still be in it.

Mirna reminds me a lot of my friend's sister, which is why I looked at her and her actions a little differently than some of you, and gave her some slack. Meaning I don't consider her to be a psycho screeching wild woman with a victim's complex.
    Amen, karalott!!! C&M would still be in the running if it wasn't for that stupid plane delay. It wasn't fair in a way, because they were trying to think one step ahead of C&C.
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

Because SHE said at the beginning that she didn't want to use it, and then went ahead and used it. It doesn't matter if it was only 2 or 3 times, she wanted it both ways. If she never brought it up to begin with, I wouldn't have a problem.
    Well, I don't really remember her ever saying she didn't want to use her size as an advantage. All I remember her saying was that she wanted to prove that she can do stuff that everybody else can and that she wanted to show she was not someone you could take lightly only because she's shorter. She also said that people always want to help her because of her size, which can be an advantage in the race, an advantage she used only 2 or 3 times and only at first, because afterwards, she went all-out and all by her and Mirna's own efforts.

She did not say anything about not using her size as an advantage, she only said she wanted to prove to all those who treat her as 'less' only because she's little that she can be just as tough and just as good as people bigger and taller than her. And if you ask me, she definitely got her point across very nicely and I gotta congratulate her for it. She was a great racer and ran a great race till bad luck did her and Mirna in, but she never lost focus on her goal, she never stopped having fun and enjoying the experience, and she never gave up no matter how bad things looked. And I guess that's why so many people love her so much. I know I do.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant
    an advantage she used only 2 or 3 times and only at first, because afterwards, she went all-out and all by her and Mirna's own efforts.
    That's 2 or 3 times more than anybody else, it doesn't matter when it happened. She said that she didn't want to be treated differently, but she was, and gladly accepted that. She then continued to say the same things. That's like saying she did it all by herself, even though she got help.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    That's 2 or 3 times more than anybody else, it doesn't matter when it happened. She said that she didn't want to be treated differently, but she was, and gladly accepted that. She then continued to say the same things. That's like saying she did it all by herself, even though she got help.
    I guess I don't see what the big deal is. She said she wanted to prove to people that she can do anything they can, and to break stereotypes of little people. My friend thinks she did a good job, but she can't speak on behalf of the LP community. However, she used her height to help her get ahead. What's wrong with that? People are supposed to say something at the beginning of the race and then stick to it for the whole thing, even if it gives them an advanatge? I think Charla was referring more to the racers that she didn't want them helping her vs. asking the locals. Racers in the past and racers in the next two season will do what they have to to get ahead. Charla said in episode 1 that people love to help her because they think she can't do anything for herself. And after Monica/Sheree's comments that they were being prodded to talk about being married to athletes I think there might have been some coaxing/editing to make it look like Charla kept saying it over and over again.

FORT Newbie
    Charla wants to be treated equally (which is fine), but she kept talking about how other people should be helping her, or she would complain about how other teams aren't helping her. There's nothing wrong with using everything she has to her advantage, but if she wants to be seen as an equal, she shouldn't keep acting like she is special.

Charla and Mirna are not saints by the way....
    I never said they are, but people shouldn't treat Charla like she is an inferior person. Maybe she can't do certain things as an average sized person, but their are a lot of things she can do too.

Just remember this guys: Little people might be smaller than you, but they are people too.
    -----
    Which reminds me: There is this one girl that goes to the high school and is one year ahead of me. (I just started my freshman year) She is a little person and is probably about 4 foot 2. (just a guess) I don't really know her that well, but she seems like a very nice person. But at lunch today people were like staring at her and I heard someone say something about "The Midget." Great way to start the year off.

So basically: Society sucks.
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

Quote Originally Posted by E-Daddy
    C&M would still be in the running if it wasn't for that stupid plane delay.
    That's true, and Dennis and Erika would still be in the running if they had a cab arrive sooner, Jim and Marsha would still be in the running if they had got on the same plane as everyone else, the brothers would definately still be in the running if not for Marshalls knee tendinitis...the list goes on. Charla and Mirna are not the only ones who are out of the race due to "bad luck". Everyone who's lost so far lost fair and square.

-Dave_B
    Colin and Christie or bust!

Update: Avatar = pic of me now!

He's kind of right. A lot of the race is just bad luck. But still, if only that plane would have got there sooner......
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_B
    That's true, and Dennis and Erika would still be in the running if they had a cab arrive sooner, Jim and Marsha would still be in the running if they had got on the same plane as everyone else, the brothers would definately still be in the running if not for Marshalls knee tendinitis...the list goes on. Charla and Mirna are not the only ones who are out of the race due to "bad luck". Everyone who's lost so far lost fair and square.

-Dave_B
    We could look back at every team that either lost or was eliminated and say "if only they had done this." And while some people may disagree, the brothers quit, whether it was because of Marshall's knee or not they still quit. Phil shouldn't have even eliminated them. I'm not saying C&M didn't lose fairly, because they did.

SG, my friend has (and still does) experience things like that, especially when she goes out with her husband (he's 6'0" and she's about 4') and she hates the "m" word. That's like a racial slur to her. You'd think people have never heard of little people before.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast