+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 8/31 Episode Preview **Spoilers* **Special Time**

8/31 Episode Preview **Spoilers* **Special Time**

THE COMPETITION BECOMES MORE FIERCE AS ONE TEAM IS FORCED TO MAKE A CRITICAL DECISION IN PICKING A TASK TO STAY IN THE RACE, ON "THE AMAZING RACE 5," TUESDAY, AUG. 31 ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

"If You're Gonna Whine, Just Shut up!"-- Five teams continue the race through India as one team chooses to go for the Fast Forward and are faced with one of the most difficult decisions a team has ever had to make, on THE AMAZING RACE 5, Tuesday, Aug. 31 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan is the host of the series.

Halfway to the airport, two teams realize they have both made very serious tactical errors that force them to retrace their steps. Meanwhile, one team gets into a dispute with a local cab driver who gets the local police involved.

I read somewhere that Linda and Karen get the police involved this time...CBS.com's site: "Linda & Karen get into a dispute with a local cab driver, who gets the local police involved. "

Then again, the things they TELL you about next week's show rarely ever have any significant effect on the outcome...i.e., Colin LOOKS to be thrown in jail, then he finishes first.

My guess is that the moms or the twins will get the FF, and I'm guessing Chip and Kim are eliminated solely because Kim says "We're in big trouble"...

Looks like another great episode as always.

-Dave_B
    Colin and Christie or bust!

Update: Avatar = pic of me now!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Here's my guess on what it means (and I'm probably dead wrong.)

The title: Most likely someone whining about cutting of they're hair off or doing that mud thing that Colin was seen doing (and yelling at Christie about.) Could also be one of the teams that gets behind.

The FF: It sounds like it could go either way. And most likely taken by one of the teams who has to retrace they're steps. I'm guessing Chip&Kim, the mom's, or Brandon&Nicole as the teams who get lost and one of the teams who take the FF. I just have a feeling that the twins are going to be ahead next week (of course, I've been thinking this since the premiere.)

Now that I think about it, it would make sense for every time except C&C to go for the FF, since this is the last one. But do they know that? Who knows.

However, which team will actually have the will to have their hair cut off once they arrive at the FF, is beyond me. Assuming they stay in a similar order to what they are now, then Brandon and Nicole will get there first, and I can't see that vain couple going bald. Chip and Kim will arrive next, but I don't think Kim will do it, either. It'll be a race between the moms and twins to get there, because I think they'll both do it. But, I think the moms are more likely to get there first since the twins need to take time to scrounge money. I also think the moms will be more likely to shave their heads than the twins. But I also think that Chip and Kim get lost somewhere or something and the twins pull ahead to save being eliminated.

-Dave_B
    Colin and Christie or bust!

Update: Avatar = pic of me now!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    \Meanwhile, one team gets into a dispute with a local cab driver who gets the local police involved.
    AGAIN?! You'd think that that'd only happen once.

Could've just been an error in the info of course. I almost hope that that's what it is, one time is enough.

FORT Regular
    Does anyone know how many non-elimination rounds they do? Are there any more left?

FORT Regular
    From CBS website, looks like Colin's not the only one to get the police involved.

Halfway to the airport, two Teams realize they have made serious tactical errors that force them to retrace their steps. Will they be left in the dust?

Linda & Karen get into a dispute with a local cab driver, who gets the local police involved.

Infighting plagues a couple of Teams, who struggle to complete the Roadblock. Frustration with a partner's performance leads one Racer to exclaim, "You know, I could do that much better than you!"

One Team chooses to go for the Fast Forward but is shocked to learn they must shave their heads. Will they do it and take the Fast Forward?

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BEACH LOVER
    Does anyone know how many non-elimination rounds they do? Are there any more left?
    There are 4 during the season, so there's 2 more left.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_B
    Now that I think about it, it would make sense for every time except C&C to go for the FF, since this is the last one. But do they know that? Who knows.

However, which team will actually have the will to have their hair cut off once they arrive at the FF, is beyond me. Assuming they stay in a similar order to what they are now, then Brandon and Nicole will get there first, and I can't see that vain couple going bald. Chip and Kim will arrive next, but I don't think Kim will do it, either. It'll be a race between the moms and twins to get there, because I think they'll both do it. But, I think the moms are more likely to get there first since the twins need to take time to scrounge money. I also think the moms will be more likely to shave their heads than the twins. But I also think that Chip and Kim get lost somewhere or something and the twins pull ahead to save being eliminated.

-Dave_B
    They may not have been told how many FF are available on this race, just that there won't be one every leg like in the past.
    Since the teams are going to Calcutta, airport bunching will probably put the teams on even footing, especially since they'll be leaving at night. However, if two teams make huge errors (which is what the previews indicate) then they may miss the flight that the other three teams take and get left hours behind. So most likely if that's the case, those teams will go for the FF, because I can't see any team out in front taking it if they know it doesn't matter. As for who will take it: that's a good question. If it's risks an elimination threat not to take it, a team may be more willing. If the mom's take it, at least they don't have a lot of hair to lose, especially Linda.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by frack
    There are 4 during the season, so there's 2 more left.

Thanks Frack.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast