+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Next episode--cutting off the hair?!

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by veejer
    I couldn't have done it at 15 either. My hair was waist length and it seemed to have taken forever to get that long.

However, now that I am in my mid-40s, and my hair has been fairly short at times, I think I could, if I really thought it would keep me in the race for $1,000,000.

My biggest concern would be that it would all grow back in gray, as they have been increasing since my late 30s.

LOL, that's why they have hair color! And the prize money would keep you out of the gray for a LONG time. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Meg1
    How dumb is this....I'd be afraid of doing it because of my irrational fear of having a really ugly head.
    The hair could go, no problem, mine's never been longer than shoulder length in my life, but I've long suspected i have a weird head (oddly bumpy, freckly, etc.)

Well, Raquel Welch makes some beautiful wigs so that wouldn't phase me. And for the rest of the race, I'd buy a cap or a bandana and run with it.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenRose
    I don't think of myself as particularly vain, but I doubt I would shave my head, particularly if there was a decent chance I could go back and do the regular tasks for the race. I've kept my hair waist length for 25 years, and I like it long.

This is the first season I've watched TAR. Can a team go back and do the non-FF tasks if they end up disliking the FF they chose?

I answered this in another post earlier in this thread. The answer is yes BUT they lose all the time it takes them to go to the FF and then go back to the original task point. So that team is very likely to get eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired
    Okay, maybe it's $1000 for the BB people because they do 3 shows a week. Plus, they are on the live feeds all the time.
    that makes sense

just thought I'd mention that I asked my 16 year old son if he'd do it. He said no. This surprised me... his hair is semi long (and beautiful) but I didn't think he'd care. I asked him why... he said he wouldn't care about losing the hair, but didn't ever want to be mistaken for a skin head... that's something I hadn't thought of
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    lol Cali, thats funny . Just a question ... do girls' or guy's hair grow faster? I wouldn't mind shaving because I think I would grow back my hair in 3-5 weeks.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

As you can see from my avatar, I'm already buzzed very close to bald, so I'd do it in a jiff. No problems here.

-Dave_B
    Colin and Christie or bust!

Update: Avatar = pic of me now!

I think Chip and kim will go for this fast-forward. Chip's already bald and Kim will sigh might as well. Didn't they use up all their cash last episode? Besides, Kim will again feel guilt-ridden over the level of her contribution but I wonder if that warrants being willing to have all your hair removed.

She can always cover up with a scarf or hat, though.

Quote Originally Posted by DarKensoul7
    ...Just a question ... do girls' or guy's hair grow faster? I wouldn't mind shaving because I think I would grow back my hair in 3-5 weeks.
    I don't think it's a guy/girl thing. I think people's hair just grows at different speeds I also think it looks like it grows faster when it's very short because it's more noticeable.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I don't think the Twins went for the FF. There were at the wall brick thing with Colin.

The only team I can imagine going bold is Linda and Karen. I wouldn't want to imagine what other teams going bold will look like except Chip.

+ Reply to Thread