+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Next episode--cutting off the hair?!

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShandiRocks
    Yes, wierdly I will agree with you on that. Maybe, I don't have the real outside experience of supporting myself in the real world, so I wouldn't know that shaving my hair off is a small price to pay for a chance to win a million dollars.

I just hope you know that I wasn't trying to be rude or condescending. You even said it was probably because you were 15, and I respect that. I just want to advise you how lucky you are NOT to have to worry about crap like that.

Be young. Enjoy it while you can. You should be in no hurry to grow up and worry about paying bills. Just realize that a 1/4 chance at a million dollars doesn't come around every day, but hair will grow back. =) Then, if you ever find yourself in a predicament like TAR, you can think of that sage advice and go ahead with it.

A million dollars would have me financially set for life so I'd jump at the chance, as would most of you (at least those who have the bills to pay and families to support). I don't have kids, but as a grad student, the student loans are piling up fast. I don't have to worry about them now, but I do dread the day when I have to. With $1 million, I could live off the interest and comfortably pay my bills.

But TAR competitors do have to split the prize with a partner (except for C&K who as a married couple are basically one). They also have to give a portion to Uncle Sam. So I wonder how much each contestant actually walks away with as the winner. Any guesses?

can the team who gets the fast foward not use it if they dont want to?

Leo
    Premium Member
    Everyone gets the clue to the fast forward, so long as there is one. It's entirely up to the teams if they want to gamble on it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFB
    Didnt phil say "cut their hair" I dont remember him saying "cut off all their hair" ie baldness. I wouldnt assume they have to go with the Mr. Clean look.
    According to CBS website, One Team chooses to go for the Fast Forward but is shocked to learn they must shave their heads. Will they do it and take the Fast Forward?

So i guess onli ONE team goes for the FF and they are required to shave bald. Both members. The twins could go for it. After all, they will still look like twins at the end of the ordeal. The mums are also willing to do anything to stay in the race but i doubt Miss Texas would sacrifice her tresses.

Put the pieces together Quack-Wabbit's Avatar
    My money is on the moms, this time. Least likely... the God Squad, though I'd like to see them get it the worst.
    GREAT MOMENTS IN SURVIVOR HISTORY...

"Richard catching fish hasn't come into foreplay yet..."
    -- Susan Hawk

yourefired, I don"t think the sag minimums are that high ($1000) a day. In another post dave (from tar4) suggested that he received @1750. I think they were on for 6 episodes, so that makes it around $300 a day.

Regarding how much they get to keep of their winnings. The federal tax rate is 39% so after federal taxes they get $610,000. Dedct from that any state tax eg, here in California it is 11% you would get to keep $542,900, per couple.

I don't consider myself a vain person at all, and I would have a very hard time shaving my hair off. It's not like they will hand you a million dollar check for doing it, all it does is keep you in the race (hopefully a spot or two ahead of where you were). You still have a chance at the money... thats all.

I am mom and I have been with my husband for 19 years so technically I have "no one to impress" but damn... it's my hair I'd be highly surprised if any one does it as there is a female on every team.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

u wish u could b me
    I hope Kim doesn't cut her hair! She such beautiful long hair

Quote Originally Posted by ShandiRocks
    Honestly, for me I don't know if I would do it. It would really depend on how much do the top four losing teams get? It would have to be a pretty decent amount to me because I'd need to buy a very good wig. Then again me not wanting to cut all my hair off could be because I'm fifteen meaning I've spent a decent amount of my life keeping my hair long.
    I couldn't have done it at 15 either. My hair was waist length and it seemed to have taken forever to get that long.

However, now that I am in my mid-40s, and my hair has been fairly short at times, I think I could, if I really thought it would keep me in the race for $1,000,000.

My biggest concern would be that it would all grow back in gray, as they have been increasing since my late 30s.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

+ Reply to Thread