+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Next episode--cutting off the hair?!

I really don't know if any of the teams would do it.

Honestly, for me I don't know if I would do it. It would really depend on how much do the top four losing teams get? It would have to be a pretty decent amount to me because I'd need to buy a very good wig. Then again me not wanting to cut all my hair off could be because I'm fifteen meaning I've spent a decent amount of my life keeping my hair long.

Well, if only one member of the team had to do it, I wonder which one of the twins would do it. I mean after one of them gets it done, the good news is you would be able to tell them apart, but I would feel really bad about that twin. Maybe both should do it, so it's fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahim
    what if someone cut off their hair already, then someone else tried to and found out the FF was already taken? L O L
    That would be so funny, if there was a little twist, and you had to have all your hair butchered off before they would tell you if you were the first team to win the fast forward. It would be a little sad, too for some of the teams, especially the girls.

For some reason, I can totally see the Bowling Moms going for it...

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    I'm thinking that it'll either be Brandon and Nicole or Kami and Karli... I hope it's Brandon and Nicole, since Brandon looks like a buffoon with his long yellow hair.
    Who I'm rooting for: Survivor: Vanuatu - Scout Cloud Lee, Leann Slaby, Lea Masters, Eliza Orlins, Twila Tanner, and Lisa Keiffer.

maybe only 1 team member has to shave their head
    Kami and Karli from AR3

"We need to fly to Kenya Africa"

Go Chip and Kim!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShandiRocks

Well, if only one member of the team had to do it, I wonder which one of the twins would do it. I mean after one of them gets it done, the good news is you would be able to tell them apart, but I would feel really bad about that twin. Maybe both should do it, so it's fair.

That's exactly what I was thinking! I really haven't bothered telling them apart, since they both seem like airheads. But I would actually call them by name if I knew which one was bald!
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

dont both team members have to shave their head? cause phil said and which team will find the fast foward only to find out they have to cut off all their hair

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired
    Twins - They'd do it because at that point they know they'd have to. If you start a FF, especially in last place, you have to finish it or else lose too much time. Besides, they're fun-loving and don't seem to value the hair like Christie or Nicole, so I think they'd go with it.
    The twist I would like to see:
    The twins go ahead and have their heads shaved, and yet they're the last team to arrive, ELIMINATED! LOLZ!!!

Or,
    If they can get #1 spot for the next leg, they can choose one other team to join them bald!

What do you all think?

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar
    I've been doing some more thinking on the hair thing. No people, I don't have a life.

Anyway, with Kim's hair in braids, it would take FOREVER to unbraid it and than cut it and shave it. That would put them at a marked disadvantage for doing the FF.

Does anyone else remember one year when a team DID the FF but still didn't end up #1? My memory is fuzzy, but I believe that team did the FF and still got eliminated that leg. Does anyone else recall?

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShandiRocks
    I really don't know if any of the teams would do it.

Honestly, for me I don't know if I would do it. It would really depend on how much do the top four losing teams get? It would have to be a pretty decent amount to me because I'd need to buy a very good wig. Then again me not wanting to cut all my hair off could be because I'm fifteen meaning I've spent a decent amount of my life keeping my hair long.

No offense intended, but yours are obviously and definitely the feelings of a teenager, not someone who has nickel and dimed it in the real world. If you've ever lived hard, which you are bound to do at least in college, you would definitely shave off your hair for a million dollars. When you have bills to pay, kids to feed, and other responsabilities, things like hair get a bit more trivial.

From what I'm seeing of the contestants, only Chip and Kim will admit to a comfortable lifestyle, and they worked their way (literally) out of the projects to get that life so they too know about hard times. Kami and Karly are struggling college students. Brandon and Nicole are struggling to make it in the entertainment industry.

And all of them could certainly use the money since they subjected themselves to this race and the conditions that go along with it. Think about it. If you're willing to swallow 2 pounds of caviar or what looked like at least 2 pounds of ostrich egg, you'll shave your head if for no other reason than the chance to win a trip and stay in the game.

Like I said before, hair grows back. As someone who constantly plays with and changes her hair, I can tell you with all certainty that even the shortest Halle Berry cut can grow back if you just give it time.

And remember, Demi Moore shaved her head for GI Jane, and people still thought she looked amazing. She did it for the money, as most of us would. With the people remaining having a 1 in 4 chance of winning $1 million, why not?

And to answer your other question, only the first place team wins money. The rest get nothing except for the experience of a lifetime. So it is a gamble to do it, but you can't win if you're not in the game.
    Last edited by yourefired; 08-25-2004 at 07:48 PM.

+ Reply to Thread