+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Winning Team Possible *Spoiler*

i hope your sister in law has been sniffing to much hair spray cause she has to be wrong

Does Colins mom really live in Philadelphia, can anybody verify this?

Quote Originally Posted by corbuschmoo
    My sister-in-law cuts Colin's mother's hair. My sis-in-law lives about an hour outside of Philadelphia, PA and so does Colin's mom, although she's originally from Texas. The info I have was told to me by my sister-in-law who was told by Colin's mom. It's all speculation, because none of the contestants can talk about the details yet but .........

Click to see Spoiler:
    His mother thinks Colin and Christie are the winners because they have recently purchased a $400,000 home and have been spending money like crazy. Neither of them have ever had any money to speak of prior to TAR
    I'll be glad if Colin and Christie win!!! Great scoop corbuschmoo...
    Last edited by lobeck; 08-25-2004 at 10:53 AM.
    "The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense."
    - Tom Clancy (1947-), paraphrasing Mark Twain

Missing Colin and Christie of the The Amazing Race 5

Rooting for Gus and Hera in The Amazing Race 6 ; Jonathan and Kendra sucks! :phhht

Please not Colin And Christie ... Hope its wrong!!!

Quote Originally Posted by corbuschmoo
    I've been a long time lurker at this website, other shows too, not just TAR. I've never posted anything because I've never known anyone connected to a reality tv character let alone known someone who knows someone. I was excited because this was the first time I've ever been remotely clost to inside info. Personally, I don't care much for Colin or Christie, I'm rooting for Chip and Kim. This was just some info my sis-in-law shared while we were out for drinks the other night.

I don't blame you for being skeptical - I'll believe it when I see it too. I wish I worked for CBS - I'd certainly have something much jucier

Wendi

Well, there goes my one post and dash theory. I still have my tin foil hat on just in case.

Welcome Wendi!
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Did anyone think that maybe they didn't pay cash for the house - just put a big downpayment and then took a mortgage out so they could use the rest for other things or maybe even put some in the bank?

Even if they made a downpayment it would be around 40,000 to 60000.

But that still leaves plenty of money for whatever

LG.
    To avoid having to pay mortgage insurance you need to put down like 20%, which would be $80,000, and if their incomes are not substantial now, they'd need to put down more than that just to be able to afford the monthly mortgage payments from their income. The prize money is a one-time deal, and after that is spent they will need to pay off any debt they incur (mortgage, car loans, credit card debt) from their income. I don't have a mortgage calculator handy, but based on my own, with a pretty current interest rate, if they put down $80,000 (20% to avoid the extra insurance charges), they would owe $320,000, which based on the rates I have on my place, would be a little over $3,000 every month for 30 years (fixed rate mortgage at around 5.3% interest rate). $3,000 a month after taxes is huge if they don't have scads of income, so I would hope they'd put down a lot more of a downpayment and get something that they could afford to keep paying. Unless they're thinking that they'll be making big money in "show business".
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Who knows if they are even buying a house but they could put a pretty good dowpayment on it even more than the 20%. It's all speculation but I like this team and I hope it's true for them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast