+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Schedule Change: 8/31

You gotta be kidding me.....
    No, not kidding you. Been waiting a long time for that show, and since Charla & Mirna are gone now, I won't have as much fun watching TAR at the moment, so I guess I can miss the first half hour.

Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    Holly, you shouldn't have to manually set your Tivo if you have a season pass it would recognize the time change.
    Your Tivo will catch the time change as long your local cable/satellite provider gets the change updated on their schedule. Just check your "to do" list to see if Tivo picked it up. If you haven't set an annual pass, that's the best way to make sure Tivo picks up scheduling changes like this. I love my Tivo!!!
    We are experiencing technical difficulties...Please stand by...

So, instead of the competition that night being NBC's "L&O:SVU", it will instead be...

On FOX, the second hour of a two-hour "Trading Spouses". Ugghh. But this show has been doing okay in viewers.

On ABC, repeats.

On NBC, premieres of Fall shows. First at 8pm Eastern (versus BB), there is another "Last Comic Standing". Then, versus TAR5, we'll have "Father of the Pride" and "Scrubs".

Viewers-wise NBC could get a pretty good pull from their premiering Fall shows the week after The Olympics. The previews for "Father..." seem mildly entertaining, but for some reason it has "flop" written all over it. Maybe those that try it but don't like it, will flip to TAR5 instead and just hang out there and skip "Scrubs".

Can't be any worse than going against The Olympics, can it?
    There are three cigars in the humidor --- My yo-yo has no string --- Isn't that rather misshapen?
    It's supposed to bend that way, I'm Italian! --- I bring new meaning to the phrase 'Blown out of proportion'! --- My puzzle has one piece missing

Thanks, TAR4 ATC Dave and TAR4 ATCSteve!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetEnufTAR
    ...The previews for "Father..." seem mildly entertaining, but for some reason it has "flop" written all over it. Maybe those that try it but don't like it, will flip to TAR5 instead and just hang out there and skip "Scrubs".

Can't be any worse than going against The Olympics, can it?
    Not to go off subject, but several critics have pegged "Father of the Pride" as the first casuality (i.e. cancellation) of the new season.

So far this season, "Race" has improved on its lead-in, "Big Brother 5" in the ratings. (Even though this week, the margin is razor thin.) If this trend continues, and "BB5" can pull in similar viewers that it does at 9 p.m., "Race" should do well. After all, "Navy NCIS" airs at 8 p.m. on Tuesdays for CBS and has also done well for the network - even in reruns.

Lastly, I'm sure to offend some "Scrubs" fans here, but this series has never been (and probably will never be) a mass hit. It's a "time-slot hit", having been scheduled behind a popular series (like "Friends" or "Will & Grace") for virtually its entire runs. Whenever it has been called on to stand on its own, it hasn't been up to the challenge. (This may explain why "Scrubs", a series entering its fourth season is playing back-up to a freshman CGI comedy.) When all is said and done, "Scrubs" success or failure will depend on "Father".

Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    EXCELLENT! TAR should always be on at 9 pm ET imo.
    I don't see why it isn't always like that. Its going up against Scrubs though, so I have to tape Scrubs, can't wait to see that show come back

Ah, I personally would prefer it at 8:00 PM rather than at 9:00 or 10:00, as it makes viewing easier for me, just like these past episodes that played at 7:00 PM.

I'm definitely not surprised at how well TAR 5 has been doing in ratings, though, even at what I think is an awkward timeslot like 10:00 PM, especially considering it's riding on the tail of the very popular Big Brother (why it's so popular, beats me), and people obviously find TAR a much more exciting, fast-paced and fun show after having to sit through slow-paced BB. Funny for a show that's playing at that time, which means real low ratings, at least in my area. Good strategy at placing a good show in need of the ratings it deserves right after a very popular, high-rated (and overrated) show.
    Last edited by BravoFan; 08-21-2004 at 09:44 AM.

why BB is so popular *glare*... heh.. jk...

Personally I think its better this way... I would even like it if TAR was an 8pm slot and BB at 9 still.. that would be much better ratings wise I think... so even this is a good step, but good to mention it and get "the word out"
    Big Brother 16: The Alliance - Come See the Fun in the Big Brother Forum!

Do the Bartman! Sonic-TARmaniac's Avatar
    I wanted to see the Father of the Pride...however, I want to see TAR much more, and NBC is repeating it's premieres that week, so those who wish to see them could catch them later in the week.

And TAR crashing into Fall Premieres might lead to it keeping it around the 5.6/9 rating and 8.8 million viewers it received Tuesday night .

I'm glad I finally noticed this! And, I'm sure it's here somewhere, but I need to know ; when does TAR conclude? Any 2 hour shows coming up? Because I'll be gone the first two weeks of September, and the recorder MUST be set right!
    Last edited by queenb; 08-23-2004 at 06:32 AM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Fan
    There's one 2-hour show sometime, but I don't know when it is... likely the finale.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast