+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: **Possible Spoiler**Final 3 & locations

FORT Newbie
    DESTINAION: Victoria memorial kolkata india, rotorua new zealand, coconut palace manila philippines, lagen island resort, el nido palawan philippines, then dallas via calgary...
    Last edited by brian_bryce; 09-04-2004 at 07:34 AM.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowqueen
    Other RUMORED details:

1. In Leg 11 (Philippines) - The teams will be greeted by Presidential Daughter Luli Arroyo (rumored to be a big fan of the race!)

2. Rumored tasks for the teams:

*For Leg 11 going to Coconut Palace [this place is located along Roxas Blvd, near the US Embassy in Manila]

a) Eating 'Balut' (an egg with duck embryo inside --> kinda' gross but this is yummy (yeah, i'm honest!)

b) Eating 'pansit' (this is egg noodles, think of spaghetti). I assumed that the TAR would pattern the tasks from eating caviar. Like, one from each team would eat lot of pansit (maybe something like, a team member would eat 3 plates --> geez, eating just a plateful of 'pansit' would make your stomach really full!!!)

*For Leg 12 going to El Nido, Palawan (Palawan is one of the popular tourist spots in the Philippines next to Boracay b/c of the magnificent 'white' sand along the beach and amazing scenery (think of Blue Lagoon movies...)

Rumored tasks: 'El Nido' Nest hunting (Searching and gathering 'el nido' bird's nest --> a very hard tasks b/c a team member would look inside caves full of bats) :rolleyes

Trivia: The birds' nest is used for making soup--->very popular and expensive if you order the stuff from the Palawan restaurants and hotels.

So there! I hope I'd satisfied some curious mind out there!

Great, i was about to tell that... let me add... the final roadblock, think ar3... arranging animals in order, this time think of food... the most expensive food...

ive been in el nido cave... i must say its freaky... and im a rxas blvd wanderer... how can i miss leg 11... damn..

I'm quite looking forward to the next episode, since, of course, I'm from the Philippines. But it wasn't such a big news here when they came, was it? I didn't hear anything about it. Was it even in the papers?

Leo
    Premium Member
    At the time of the shooting? No, not as far as I can remember. I'm not too surprised, though, as the producers probably like to keep the whole thing spoiler-free... at least while production isn't finished.

It will be probably be a Late Afternoon/Early Evening/Night check-in, since the only confirmed final 3 team BRANDON & NICOLE arrived in Dallas at about 3:30 PM on February 27th. Also we have ANOTHER confirmed Final 3 team. One person shot a pick of CHRISTIE at the teepee building roadblock with their camera phone in Calgary. This leaves Chip & Kim or Linda & Karen to be the other team in the final three.
    Ok, I hope I'm not out of the loop or anything, but I wonder why the twins weren't mentioned? Is there another spoiler somehwere else that mentions the twins elimination?
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Quote Originally Posted by brian_bryce
    Great, i was about to tell that... let me add... the final roadblock, think ar3... arranging animals in order, this time think of food... the most expensive food...

ive been in el nido cave... i must say its freaky... and im a rxas blvd wanderer... how can i miss leg 11... damn..
    me too, i always wander around the roxas blvd area...darn...and I always dreramed of helping the teams in finding their way to the next destinations just like what happened to team cha-cha-cha in hong kong wherein a local helped them...i wanna be seen in a reality tv like...5 seconds of fame...hehehe

Jasmine Trias & Sam Milby NBCDaytimeFan's Avatar
    I can't wait to find out what the detours and road blocks are for the Philippine legs...

Balut or Pancit? lol That would be great, though dinuguan would be better than pancit. "What is this made of?" "Pork blood"

What would the detours be called? Little Balut or Lotta Pancit... or Long Noodles or Little Chicken... i dunno...

A road block could be making your way around Megamall alone and without any help...

A little more than a week away!

FORT Newbie
    [B]As for the PHILIPPINES good luck to them with the traffic in MANILA == unless they find a driver that is smart enough to take the residential street to get to thier distination === which will be unlikely because the meter in the cab speaks money. they should have the race in CEBU or the BISAYA region islands instead of MANILA now that place is beautiful esp the beaches in MACTAN ISLAND or BANTAYAN ISLAND

to bad they are not going to eat dinuguan(sP) === wonder how they will take it eating pigs blood and that of the inside of the pig. my choice for this PHILIPPINE leg would be dinuguan(sP) and balute === pancit is to easy

I'm quite looking forward to the next episode, since, of course, I'm from the Philippines. But it wasn't such a big news here when they came, was it? I didn't hear anything about it. Was it even in the papers?
    maybe because PALAWAN was the island that had kidnappings twice by the muslim rebels in that area
    Last edited by SMGARIES; 09-04-2004 at 06:52 PM.

Jasmine Trias & Sam Milby NBCDaytimeFan's Avatar
    I'm guessing security was definitely high for the teams as they made their way around. I can't for their reactions to everything there.

Good balut is a question of timing in fermentation. You would want the chick to not be so developed.

Hmm... That would make it 3 eating challenge this season. I hope Bruckheimer is not turning this series to Fear Factor.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast