+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Question for TAR Contestants...

  1. #11
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8

  2. #12
    FORT Regular candyapple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Candyland
    Posts
    87
    Watching the show now does Mirna see that perhaps she is abrasive?

    Do they think they were portrayed accurately?

    Did they have a plan before the race to "use" Charla's disadvantage to their advantage?

    What was the biggest obstacle they found on the race? Was it Charla's height or something else that came as a surprise?

    Is Mirna always such a whiner and wuss? Did Charla know this before she started the race with her?

  3. #13
    FORT Fanatic MalibuPam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Malibu, California
    Posts
    600

    I have a question

    What happens after you are Philiminated? Where do you go? Do you say good bye to the other teams off camera, or are you just outta there? Do they send you somewhere on a trip?

  4. #14
    FORT Fogey Leftcoaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,365
    I'm suddenly curious if for weight and space purposes a team has ever discarded their winter clothing after leaving a locale like Russia and arriving in a place like Africa, thinking they no longer needed it only to have the lack of cold weather gear come back and frostbite their bottoms later in the race?

  5. #15
    Leo
    Leo is offline
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    10,033
    Quote Originally Posted by MalibuPam
    What happens after you are Philiminated? Where do you go? Do you say good bye to the other teams off camera, or are you just outta there? Do they send you somewhere on a trip?
    I think you do get to say goodbye at the actual pitstop. (The real pitstop, where the teams rest and eat, isn't always the one we're shown on screen. That's usually some landmark in the area.)

    After that, the Philiminated teams get to play tourist in some city. For TAR 3 and 4, it was Lisbon.

  6. #16
    Another TAR fan QuebecToon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Montreal, Qc
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    I think you do get to say goodbye at the actual pitstop. (The real pitstop, where the teams rest and eat, isn't always the one we're shown on screen. That's usually some landmark in the area.)

    After that, the Philiminated teams get to play tourist in some city. For TAR 3 and 4, it was Lisbon.

    That was never confirmed... The ATC from TAR4 said it was Hisbon, Fortugal.

    Anyone one having these questions should really make an effort to read the old thread. Might be 32 pages long, but worth the read for the info and laughs.

  7. #17
    FORT Newbie Tanto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    12
    Hi, without getting into any specifics, these are my buncha questions.

    1. What are the conditions of sequesterville like? Are you guys put up in a nice hotel? 5 star or is it like those motels you see those juries stay in those courtroom dramas?

    2. Still in sequesterland, do you guys have any access to phones and if not what are the lengths the powers that be, would take to keep you guys remaining incommunicado for the rest of the race?

  8. #18
    I'm really THAT Dave
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Posts
    264
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanto
    1. What are the conditions of sequesterville like? Are you guys put up in a nice hotel? 5 star or is it like those motels you see those juries stay in those courtroom dramas?
    I'd say more like a 4 or 5 star hotel, although the rooms were just rooms - no fancy suites or anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanto
    2. Still in sequesterland, do you guys have any access to phones and if not what are the lengths the powers that be, would take to keep you guys remaining incommunicado for the rest of the race?
    No access to telephones, the internet, anything. They shut the phones off in our rooms, and made sure that the staff knew we weren't allowed to use the hotel's internet kiosks. When we went anywhere, there was usually one of the babysitters with us, although occasionally we went places on our own (to the mall nearby, etc.). I suppose that someone could have sneaked a call home, but I wasn't aware of it happening.

    Dave

  9. #19
    FORT Regular candyapple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Candyland
    Posts
    87
    Is this thread to ask questions of former racers that post here or is it to ask potential questions for the recently eliminated racers?

  10. #20
    Premium Member dagwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    salt lake city ut
    Age
    43
    Posts
    19,167
    Looks like it could go both ways, Candyapple.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

    #oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.