+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for TAR Contestants...

FORT Newbie

Watching the show now does Mirna see that perhaps she is abrasive?

Do they think they were portrayed accurately?

Did they have a plan before the race to "use" Charla's disadvantage to their advantage?

What was the biggest obstacle they found on the race? Was it Charla's height or something else that came as a surprise?

Is Mirna always such a whiner and wuss? Did Charla know this before she started the race with her?

I have a question

What happens after you are Philiminated? Where do you go? Do you say good bye to the other teams off camera, or are you just outta there? Do they send you somewhere on a trip?

I'm suddenly curious if for weight and space purposes a team has ever discarded their winter clothing after leaving a locale like Russia and arriving in a place like Africa, thinking they no longer needed it only to have the lack of cold weather gear come back and frostbite their bottoms later in the race?

Leo
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MalibuPam
    What happens after you are Philiminated? Where do you go? Do you say good bye to the other teams off camera, or are you just outta there? Do they send you somewhere on a trip?
    I think you do get to say goodbye at the actual pitstop. (The real pitstop, where the teams rest and eat, isn't always the one we're shown on screen. That's usually some landmark in the area.)

After that, the Philiminated teams get to play tourist in some city. For TAR 3 and 4, it was Lisbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    I think you do get to say goodbye at the actual pitstop. (The real pitstop, where the teams rest and eat, isn't always the one we're shown on screen. That's usually some landmark in the area.)

After that, the Philiminated teams get to play tourist in some city. For TAR 3 and 4, it was Lisbon.

That was never confirmed... The ATC from TAR4 said it was Hisbon, Fortugal.

Anyone one having these questions should really make an effort to read the old thread. Might be 32 pages long, but worth the read for the info and laughs.

Hi, without getting into any specifics, these are my buncha questions.

1. What are the conditions of sequesterville like? Are you guys put up in a nice hotel? 5 star or is it like those motels you see those juries stay in those courtroom dramas?

2. Still in sequesterland, do you guys have any access to phones and if not what are the lengths the powers that be, would take to keep you guys remaining incommunicado for the rest of the race?

I'm really THAT Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanto
    1. What are the conditions of sequesterville like? Are you guys put up in a nice hotel? 5 star or is it like those motels you see those juries stay in those courtroom dramas?
    I'd say more like a 4 or 5 star hotel, although the rooms were just rooms - no fancy suites or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanto
    2. Still in sequesterland, do you guys have any access to phones and if not what are the lengths the powers that be, would take to keep you guys remaining incommunicado for the rest of the race?
    No access to telephones, the internet, anything. They shut the phones off in our rooms, and made sure that the staff knew we weren't allowed to use the hotel's internet kiosks. When we went anywhere, there was usually one of the babysitters with us, although occasionally we went places on our own (to the mall nearby, etc.). I suppose that someone could have sneaked a call home, but I wasn't aware of it happening.

Dave

Is this thread to ask questions of former racers that post here or is it to ask potential questions for the recently eliminated racers?

Looks like it could go both ways, Candyapple.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast