+ Reply to Thread

Thread: editing in TAR

FORT Newbie

editing in TAR

Can we predict the winners of TAR by the editing ? Last time reichen and chip were given most of the air time and ended up winning the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Shri
    Can we predict the winners of TAR by the editing ? Last time reichen and chip were given most of the air time and ended up winning the race.
    I hope not. Chala and Mirna MAY indeed win this race, but I'm not ready to annoint them just yet.

They may be entertaining figures, but I bet pretty much ANY team that gets the commitment of airtime as they've been handed this season can be edited into entertainingland is they don't currently reside there on there own accord.

By the way, welcome, fellow poster.

I don't think Reichen & Chip were necessarily given the most airtime last season. Millie & Chuck and Jon & Al certainly received their fair share (up until they were eliminated, that is). And Jon & Kelly were there all the way to the end with R&C, so they also received a lot. In fact, if we added it up, I wouldn't be surprised if Jon & Kelly exceeded the airtime given to R&C, primarily because they were more "colorful" with their bickering and comments about the other racers.

For "proof" that the editing can't help us determine the outcome of the race, just look at David & Jeff last season. They were barely shown for the first half of the race, yet made it to the Final 3. It seems like every team this year has gotten more airtime so far than David & Jeff did in the entire race, so I wouldn't count anyone out of the running.

You also can't play the "favorable/unfavorable" editing game with TAR, as some people like to do with Survivor. TAR3 proved that. I still remember watching the final episode thinking that there was no way Flo could win, based on the extremely negative editing she was getting. But, then, I guess Flo didn't give the editors much choice.

Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    I still remember watching the final episode thinking that there was no way Flo could win, based on the extremely negative editing she was getting. But, then, I guess Flo didn't give the editors much choice.

Thats funny!

+ Reply to Thread