+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Our Interview with Marshall and Lance

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by PGH_RnC_Fan
    Maybe it's a bit of sexism? Men can be aggressive and pushy, but if a woman is, then she's just a b****.
    No, Colin's a b****. But of course he's also a bunch of other names.
    Charla and Mirna were the true winners and sole entertainment of the Amazing Race 5!

Satan and She-demon (Colin and Christy) suck and will never win! :phhht

Rooting for Dolly to win Survivor: Vanuatu!

FORT Newbie
    Hey..I'm new here people..but I've been peeking around as a guest lately...and I just want to thank the guy who does these interviews..and I can't wait for Charla and Mirnas!

Didn't like you guys on the show, would not like you guys in real life either. Real men know how to take the high road and act like a gentleman. Even if it is just an act.

Quote Originally Posted by Pippy1991
    Hey..I'm new here people..but I've been peeking around as a guest lately...and I just want to thank the guy who does these interviews..and I can't wait for Charla and Mirnas!

John, the creator of the fort does the interviews
    Kami and Karli from AR3

"We need to fly to Kenya Africa"

Go Chip and Kim!!

hint: Have a bad knee...don't go on TAR
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

Nice interview, John, as always!

I seem to be one of their few 'defenders'. However, I am not blind to their generally unappreciative nature during the Race. I just didn't think they were that bad. So, I'll stick up for them a little bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by de-wonderful
    Didn't like you guys on the show, would not like you guys in real life either. Real men know how to take the high road and act like a gentleman. Even if it is just an act.
    I did meet them in person, about 5 days after the premiere episode this summer. They took the time to speak to me for maybe 5-10 or so minutes. They were both very nice and personable. By that time they had not completely cemented themselves as nearly-universally-disliked. But, they mentioned that people were already hating them online. And, they knew based on the previews for episode 2 that things were only going to get worse. But they were not bitter about it. I didn't try to get any juicy info from them. They said they'd do it again, it was fun (mostly anyways). Made a point to say that lots of stuff was pure luck (obviously they were at least referring to the yet-to-be-seen chocolate fiasco), some times were miserable (again I'd assume they were referring to the yet-to-be-seen chocolate, caviar, hurt leg situations).

Maybe the yelling out the window at another contestant wasn't the best thing to do, but can you (or I or almost anyone) say that we've never done anything similar out of anger, immaturity, or whatever -- probably not. I think most of their unhappiness/bitterness/immaturity was never expressed to the other contestants/locals directly, but was just discussed/expressed amongst themselves while in cars and or confessional interviews. That to me is (at least a little) better than yelling/demeaning/complaining to other contestants/locals faces directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaaam
    hint: Have a bad knee...don't go on TAR
    Actually, the bad-knee-Brother has stated that he had never had the knee problem before, and once he rested it a few days it has been fine since then. So, it wasn't a known issue when he started.

I don't know if he usually sits on his rear all day, every day, or if he is fitter than he appears. If he isn't fit, then he should've tried to shape up a bit, which may have exposed a potential knee problem. Corrective and/or preventative measures then could've been taken. Who knows, maybe that is what happened, but it just wasn't enough. Pure speculation.

I don't deny that having met them early on, it probably tilted me toward wanting to like them. But, it never made them one of my top 2 or 3 favorites. I found them tolerable enough to be okay if they made it to the final 4 or 5. And wouldn't have even been upset if they had ended up in 3rd place.
    There are three cigars in the humidor --- My yo-yo has no string --- Isn't that rather misshapen?
    It's supposed to bend that way, I'm Italian! --- I bring new meaning to the phrase 'Blown out of proportion'! --- My puzzle has one piece missing

Thanks, TAR4 ATC Dave and TAR4 ATCSteve!

Good interview here, though it still doesn't change my opinion on these two whatsoever, and I still see them as rude, miserable jerks and I wouldn't eat on their restaurant even if it was a free meal.

Still, great interview, though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345