+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: If you were on TAR

If you were on TAR

if you were on the amazing race who would you pick to go with you and why? what would your story be together? dating? parent? sibling? cousins?best friends?

I tried to get my brother to audition with me because he's the only person I know that will still love me when it's over. I'd drive everyone else crazy. Too bad he doesn't want to do it!

i would of course be taking my main squeeze. he and i would probably be hated by all of america because we are both pushy and loud. i think these are our great qualities but we'd have to contend with editing. they'd eat us alive.

i would love to play this game!

Hmm, I'd do it with either my brother or one of my two best friends. Of course, one of my friends and my brother are currently a bit on the chubby side, so I'd make them work hard before going.

As to how I'd do in the race, I'd probably let my brother or friends deal more with the getting tickets at the airports and bus stations and all, as they're older and have a lot more experience at traveling than myself. I can be the talker with the locals in asking for informaion or directions, plus full knowledge of spanish can help me if we go to any latin american country. As for challenges, my friends and brother don't really fear anything, whereas I'm rather scared of the water (no scuba diving for me) and have a gag reflex, so no eating challenges for me. I don't mind heights, so I'll do zip lines, rappeling, bungee jumping, etc.. Plus I'm good at puzzles, so I can deal with those kind of challenges too.

As for how we'd get along with the others, my brother and friends are very friendly and outgoing, whereas myself am a bit of both. Sometimes I'll be really shy and quiet, and sometimes I'll go nuts and act all extrovertidly crazy funny just to try and cheer everybody up. My brother and friends also have a lot of patience when things get rough with other people, but myself, approach with extreme caution. I always try to avoid conflict, but if somebody makes me mad, I'll be so temperamental that I'd make Colin back down and whimper like a puppy dog.

Well, I went through this "what if" scenario just this past week. TAR was in my neck of the woods for "auditions," and I wanted SO badly to try out. I first thought of my husband--the middle America/married angle. And then I thought of my best male buddy--the gay male/straight female/best buddies angle. But I couldn't get either of them to agree.

My wife and I would go as "married grad students." That or "Team Sumo"....

Well, i would partner up with my bestfriend. Between the both of us we can speak 7 different languages. Our spanishO isO notO likeO Charla and Mirna's whereO theyO justO addO an "O" at the endO of everyO wordO. He can speak Italian, French, and Greek. I can speak German, Tagalog (Filipino) and French. And of course we can both speak english. Im better at driving and hes good at navigating. But like Tian and Jaree we'd probaby fight a lot. Im like the big brother and he is the little brother. He likes to do immature stuff and im the one that keeps his actions in check making sure were not gonna get into any kind of trouble. Too bad he's not 21 yet!
    Kick some ass...get some later...

oh you have to be 21? well then i got alota waiting to do haha hopefully the show goes on for along time but now that i think about the age i would probly bring my best friend

You have to be 21? Hmm... that's like 7 years away!

My mother called me last week when auditions were in this neck of the woods wanting me to go with her...but of course she calls the night before and I couldn't get the day off that quickly or I'd have gladly gone. She's definitely not my first choice for a racing partner, but heck I'd deal with it! We'd definitely be a mother/daughter team that DOES NOT see eye to eye and I'd end up looking like a witch real darned quickly!

My personal choice would be my best friend...another Will & Grace team. I think we'd fare much better especially after 18 years of friendship under our belt. I've also toyed with the idea of attempting to audition with a couple of my internet friends, I could almost hear the plug for the show in my head "can these 2 ladies who've been friends for six years, but never met face to face actually make it to the end?". Just thought it would be a really fun angle, but then I went off and met the gals in person, so there went that right out the window.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast