+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: 8/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by DarKensoul7
    I think Brandon and Colin rode the donkey because it was easier for them to get on. Brandon just hopped on it like in 1 second.
    Thanks, DarKensoul7. That makes as much sense as anything else. I tend to ignore more obvious conclusions at times reading too much into non-existent plots and such.

thanks for the update, I missed the show again!!.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    well, Mirna is starting to show her true colors, you jump into a cab that you see people get out of but not get their bags and pay the driver and you think you can just take it, what a bird brained idiot. but then again she never sees it anyway but her way...b*tch!

Quote Originally Posted by hanazawa
    Same here. Colin was polite at first saying "Sorry, that's our cab." quite calmly when he saw the cousins getting into the cab, but Mirna & Charla climbed into the cab all the same and refused to budge. She was very, very rude to spit in front of Colin & Christie and say C&C 'assaulted' them. Pfftt. What crap.

From the previews, it seems to me that Christie was blocking the entrance and M&C went past her, calling her a 'bitch', then they were all racing to the counter and Colin got there first by jumping over the railing (Go, Colin!). Was there any physical contact at all? I'll have to watch the repeats again but on first impression, there didn't seem to be any. It is very likely that Mirna is being overly dramatic (as usual).

I'm not exactly on the C&C 'love train' because I think their attitude towards each other isn't that great but I do think they are the most competent racers this season and are most deserving to win. I loved the part where Colin whipped out his binoculars on the boat to look at the flags and pitstop on shore. He's racing smart!

It was so fun to see Mirna doing all that work hauling the goats onto the boat and digging in the sand for a change. Yes, Mirna, you don't smell nice in front of Phil now so you can STOP hugging him!!
    You nailed the right word hanazawa! Now, if only the others can see reason that we are seeing. Colin and Christie just keeps on playing the game (fair and square). It's just this woman, Mirna. She just want people revolve around her world and if not, she will call names (criminals, maniacs argh!).

I must say that I admire the leading team (C&C) with special mention to Christie. Geez, she's grace under pressure.

PLEASE LOOK CLOSELY, ITS MIRNA AND CHARLA WHO CAUSES COLLISION!
    "The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense."
    - Tom Clancy (1947-), paraphrasing Mark Twain

Missing Colin and Christie of the The Amazing Race 5

Rooting for Gus and Hera in The Amazing Race 6 ; Jonathan and Kendra sucks! :phhht

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DarKensoul7
    I think Brandon and Colin rode the donkey because it was easier for them to get on. Brandon just hopped on it like in 1 second.
    I would add that, since the water jug was heavy, it'd be easier for the men to hold it more securely so that wouldn't lose any water.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
    Has anyone come up with a credible reason yet why it was Colin and Brandon, rather than their female teammates that found it necessary to ride the asses as water bearers?

Was there a fertility aspect involved, or was it just a bumpy ride that made Brandon observe out loud that he wanted kids?

The only thing that came to my mind is that perhaps, for reasons I'd find difficult to agree with, the girls considered the donkeys too smelly or something to ride.

Whatever the reason, to me the men looked like asses riding asses.

The reason Brandon, yelped about wanting children is probably because his seated position on a bareback donkey was causing pain. There is a reason for saddles or if you are riding without one a bareback pad. Horses, mules, donkeys all have various degrees of padding on there spine, usually not alot and if you ride evenly balanced, your tail bone and or pelvic area is right on the animals spine. Bone on bone is not comfortable. When I used to ride and we would go bareback, you sort of shift from cheek to cheek.

[QUOTE=Snowqueen]

I must say that I admire the leading team (C&C) with special mention to Christie. Geez, she's grace under pressure.

QUOTE]

Christie bitches just like everyone else. She sure didn't sound nice and graceful when she told Mirna to 'get the hell out' of the cab.

Next week preview, hmmm, blocking the entrance to the airport...yeah that's real ladylike.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Well... a dwarf tends to have a normal-sized head and torso, but short limbs, a midget is small but with a body in proportion. I look at Charla and see a normal-sized head but not a normal sized torso or remainder of the body... so it's hard to tell. Has she said that she was a dwarf?

Not that most people would know the medical difference between the two terms.
    Didn't mean to jump on you Braodway, but we had a long discussion on one of the other threads about dwarfs and midgets and I thought this had been all cleared up. I guess I got peeved because of the lack of accuracy. Charla even states that one of the reasons she wanted to do the Amazing Race is to give people a better awareness of what it is to be a Little Person. What better forum then these message boards to inform people. At least everyone now knows what a scarab is.

Bearcat... it's okay. I guess I've never read the other thread so I jumped into it the issue late in the game, didn't I? Sorry about that!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by sorahl
    First question in the interview
    "So, how does it feel to join the ranks of Osten and Susan in quitting your way out of a dream opportunity?????"
    I will be the first to say I do not like this team. But they tried. Even to me it was obvious that Marshall could barely move. He had made an earlier comment about the nerves under his knees being inflamed. That can be very painful. During this entire race these 2 have been obnoxious braggarts, but they competed until the last minute comparing them to Osten is not fair. Osten was in wonderful physical condition, but he was a wuss of the highest order from the first day of Survivor: Pearl Islands. Osten had quit from day one and I have absolutely no respect for him. He brought shame to the game.

Susan is wacko. No one knows where her mind goes. Enough said.

P.S. If she had been in this race she probably would have peed on the poor donkey then told us about it.

+ Reply to Thread