+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: 8/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    I haven't liked her in the past legs, but, after tonight, I officially loathe the woman. :phhht
    Same here. Colin was polite at first saying "Sorry, that's our cab." quite calmly when he saw the cousins getting into the cab, but Mirna & Charla climbed into the cab all the same and refused to budge. She was very, very rude to spit in front of Colin & Christie and say C&C 'assaulted' them. Pfftt. What crap.

From the previews, it seems to me that Christie was blocking the entrance and M&C went past her, calling her a 'bitch', then they were all racing to the counter and Colin got there first by jumping over the railing (Go, Colin!). Was there any physical contact at all? I'll have to watch the repeats again but on first impression, there didn't seem to be any. It is very likely that Mirna is being overly dramatic (as usual).

I'm not exactly on the C&C 'love train' because I think their attitude towards each other isn't that great but I do think they are the most competent racers this season and are most deserving to win. I loved the part where Colin whipped out his binoculars on the boat to look at the flags and pitstop on shore. He's racing smart!

It was so fun to see Mirna doing all that work hauling the goats onto the boat and digging in the sand for a change. Yes, Mirna, you don't smell nice in front of Phil now so you can STOP hugging him!!

At this point, I'm cheering for C&C. They're an interesting team to watch and they're so competitive. Also, they're actually nice people. The taxi incident doesn't show their rudeness, it was in fact Mirna who was extremely unreasonable. When Colin hadn't moved out their bags and hadn't paid the driver yet, how on earth could anyone get that cab. In reality, I don't think the cab driver would've allowed it in the first place. Then, they were the only ones who decided to help everyone else by at least showing them was a scarab was to other teams.

... Charla and Mirna... well I've mixed feelings towards that team. Mirna, I can no longer stand her. She's just being annoying while constantly thinking she could do no wrong. But Charla, I'm still rooting for her, especially since she's already made it thus far.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    BTW, is it really the first time Phil has gone out from the pit stop and eliminated a team? I seem to recall he did something like that in the first season, but I'm not sure.
    I think in the first season, the team sitting in third was so far behind that he went to eliminate them because the race was over. Is that what you were thinking of?

I, for one, LIKE Colin. I agree with everything LAGuY had to say about the taxi cab incident (the trunk was open). Besides, if Charla and Mirna really thought that Colin/Christie were done with the cab, why did they find it necessary to wait til C/C were a distance away and then race them for it? It was an obvious attempt to try to steal it away from them. I also thought it was rather sweet of Colin to show Brandon and the others what the scarab looked like, and to root Brandon's team on when they were on the donkey. These are not traits of a bad person. I'm not saying he always does the right thing, and he acts like a bit of an ass once in awhile because he is such an intense competitor, but on the most part, seems like a pretty good guy,

I know sometimes I have {self-righteously :rolleyes } said that you shouldn't knock the person, cause you don't really know them, but I'm taking that back.
    *sits back and thoroughly enjoys the Mirna-bashing.*
    Most of the other players cannot stand Mirna, and her accusing the others of "jealousy" reminded me of Holly doing the same in Big Brother. It's a desperate attempt by the annoying individual to retain their overblown sense of ego. ie. "How can anyone hate me? I'm wonderful... it must be that they are jealous. " Hey Mirna... :phhht

Leo
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by touque
    I think in the first season, the team sitting in third was so far behind that he went to eliminate them because the race was over. Is that what you were thinking of?
    No, I think it was in France. Can't be entirely sure, since my memory of it is very hazy.

Although I'd usually be the first to rag on "quitters", I'm willing to give a pass to the Brothers on this one. I myself found it increasingly difficult to watch Marshall taking little baby steps, all the while in obvious agony. Just look how long it took him to walk from the cluebox in the temple to the sandpit. The guy could barely move! When Lance stopped digging for the scarab, they not only knew they were last, but they also didn't know what further pain & effort it might take to get to the next Pitstop. As Phil said, this team was physically unable to complete the leg.

If this team wasn't so disliked by people -- and, believe me, I didn't like them much either -- then I don't think everyone would be so harsh towards them. Just look at Nancy & Emily from TAR1. They, in effect, "quit" the race, too, by intentionally giving up on the Detour and taking a taxi to the Pitstop (and they didn't even have the excuse of extreme pain to justify their decision). Yet, to this day, they're one of the most loved of all TAR teams. Nancy is seen as an incredibly loving daughter for throwing in the towel for her mother's sake. But Lance is castigated for doing the exact same thing.

Does it really make that much difference that Nancy & Emily stepped on the Amazing Bathmat and that Marshall & Lance didn't?

IDIC
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    No, I think it was in France. Can't be entirely sure, since my memory of it is very hazy.
    It was bert and ernie in season 1. they were in alaska while the 1st place team crossed the line in NYC.

IDIC
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy

If this team wasn't so disliked by people -- and, believe me, I didn't like them much either -- then I don't think everyone would be so harsh towards them. Just look at Nancy & Emily from TAR1. They, in effect, "quit" the race, too, by intentionally giving up on the Detour and taking a taxi to the Pitstop

Does it really make that much difference that Nancy & Emily stepped on the Amazing Bathmat and that Marshall & Lance didn't?
    The difference is they WENT TO the pitstop. There is NO excuse for not doing that. Marshall was able to do everything up there, he needed to go the last little bit. They clearly announced they were NOT going to bother continuing because they could see the other teams had already been and gone. I GUARANTEE you that if one section not been dug in yet besides theirs they would have kept going..........

Just before the taxi escapade, Mirna said we will wait until another team arrives and take off in their taxi. So to be fair...Mirna knew exactly what she was doing to Colin. The only reason she got out of the taxi was the driver.
    There's no place like home!

I haven't read this whole thread, so apologize if this has been expressed already.

Teams should always finish, just in case someone else messed up and suffered a time penalty. However, I think the brothers figured that it didn't matter because the injured one couldn't have continued on another leg of the race anyway, so why prolong the agony.

If they had continued and miraculously beat another team because of some time penalty, and then dropped out, the other team and we, the viewers, would be really screaming at them.

Phil was sure a lot kinder to them than Jeff was to Osten when he quit in S7. Rather like a father's "I'm disappointed in you" speech.

And where did that chair come from?
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Quote Originally Posted by captain
    Just before the taxi escapade, Mirna said we will wait until another team arrives and take off in their taxi. So to be fair...Mirna knew exactly what she was doing to Colin. The only reason she got out of the taxi was the driver.
    In my opinion, she was thinking that there would be a taxi coming for sure with another team, and once they arrived, it would be available, not that she was going to steal it. How could she tell that their stuff was in the trunk unless she has x-ray vision? They both totally walked away from it, instead of leaving Christie with it and their stuff.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

+ Reply to Thread