+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    A few choice comments from my spoiler tagged first message:

"I still can't believe Colin shoved Mirna. That's something you just never do, and if he had no problem pushing a woman like that, Christie should get out of that relationship. I don't care how much he hates Mirna.

And I don't care how much your teammates leg hurts when he's sitting in a whicker chair, quitting the Amazing Race is just something you don't do. They too the easy way out. They had no idea if one of the teams fell in the river, or what have you. If they gave up so easily, I'm glad they were my least favorite team."

John, I agree with you about Joyce and Bob. It breaks my heart that people don't even give their all, while others push through it for the sake of grace. This is an oppurtunity of a lifetime, that thousands of teams wanted to experience. It could have even been a non-elimination leg, you never know, it happened before where two were in a row (as a viewer I know they stated that it would be an elimination, but Marshall and Lance didn't get to the last clue). When you interview Marshall and Lance, quit in the middle of it.
    Who I'm rooting for: Survivor: Vanuatu - Scout Cloud Lee, Leann Slaby, Lea Masters, Eliza Orlins, Twila Tanner, and Lisa Keiffer.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar
    When Chip & Reichen won last year, someone got a note because they were so far behind. But that was at the end. I don't think they should get notes during the race.

It's really a question of pride. You have to have enough pride in yourself to finish the task. It's kind of like the marathon runners that finish after hours. At least they can say they did it. The brothers quitting like they did just showed no pride.

If his knees were that bad, then why even attempt the race? If I had chronic knee problems I know I wouldn't.

Someon mentioned Bob & Joyce and the caviar. This is absolutely correct. I'll also point out that military dad and daughter didn't quit, despite the fact that he had 25 stitches in his leg. That had to be at least as painful as what the brother felt.

Pride is of the essence in a competition like this. If you're going to lose, at least lose with dignity. Otherwise, you're just pitiful.

WOW!!! What a great episode!!! ...first the Great Pyramid, then the temple of Karnak...how lucky can this bunch get??? I wish i was there...but the best part of the night is the brothers getting eliminated!!!

hats off to the Bowling Moms for digging their butts out of the hole

I think the title of this episode should be, "Adversity cause some men to break; others to break records"

Marshall and Lances' adversity caused them to break while Linda and Karen rose to the challenge and prove just how strong they are.
    Last edited by Quinito; 08-10-2004 at 11:47 PM.
    Kick some ass...get some later...

IDIC
    I agree. he did push through the pain. However as brought up on another thread, what kind of idiot does NO training or PREP for TAR at all??????

but once he sat his butt down and refused to go any further.... that lost me.
    kaput

it just disgusts me. as i said before you don't quit just because you know you are losing.....

IDIC
    anyone recognize the temple of karnak from Battlestar Galactica???
    Lost planet of the gods

Kobol
    where Serina dies...

Quote Originally Posted by John
    But I DO blame Mirna. She's a truly awful person.

And I don't say that easily.
    You got that right. I have noticed that whenever they fight with another team, it is always the other team's fault. Lets not forget that Mirna is the common demoninator in all the fights. I liked them at the beginning, but now I am rooting for them to go almost as much as the brothers. :phhht
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

IDIC
    where'd everyone go? we stalled!!

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    You got that right. I have noticed that whenever they fight with another team, it is always the other team's fault. Lets not forget that Mirna is the common demoninator in all the fights. I liked them at the beginning, but now I am rooting for them to go almost as much as the brothers. :phhht

I can't stand Mirna. She's is prototypical lawyer -- loves to argue and is always right. Even though I can't stand her, I think I'd want her defending me in a major lawsuit though. She's just fiesty enough to get me my huge settlement.

My dislike for Mirna is balanced out by my respect for Charla. When most people her size would sit by and watch the "normal" people do the race, she goes against the odds and joins in. I have the utmost respect for her grit and determination. How many of us could have carried that 50+ pound side of beef on our backs for that distance? The girl's a real trooper.

I know a lot of people are irritated about her using her size to her benefit. I think all the contestants use traits to their benefit. I think Chip and Kim will have a benefit next week being the only African Americans in a predominantly black culture. I think they'll use it to their full advantage. Christie and Miss Texas also wouldn't hesitate to use their looks if they needed to. Teams in the past have certainly used theirs when it was beneficial.

Regardless of how she uses her size, Charla still would not beat any of these teams in a foot race. That still puts her at a disadvantage in actually winning. I still give the girl props for attempting it.

I think all of America would be pulling for Charla if she had a different partner. I liken them to Flo and Zack. Who in America didn't like Zack and who didn't hate Flo? In the end, you just wanted Zack to get all the money and push Flo off a cliff. I think we'd all like the same thing for Charla.

I thought it was funny that Colin and Christie wasted the fast forward, only to have everyone catch up at the airport.

I hope that comes back to bite them in the butt.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Unless I missed something I don't think the one brother sat down and refused to go any farther. I know he sat down until supposedly the other brother made it through the task. IMHO they decided that they lost anyway and rather put the brother through anymore pain they quit. The producers may or may not have offered to have Phil come to them when it was obvious he could go no farther. You and I personally would not have quit no matter what. But they had to make a decision that was right for themselves.

I also would not put them in the same category as Sue or Osten. Sue quit because she knew she had no chance and thought she might be able to cash in on "playing" the victim. Osten quit because he was a wus. We did not see Osten in any physical, mental or emotional pain

As far as them not being physically fit they obviously were not. Personally I think the race would be rather boring if we only had people who were. The casting people obviosuly picked these guys to fit the bill of two over weight fat pizza guys. I don't think they would have been to happy had they come back months later some buff model guys. I am also sure that they had to pass some kind of physical and they were no cause for alarm with the brothers knee. We don't know if it was a chronic condition or an accident.

+ Reply to Thread