+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Random TAR questions from this season...

Quote Originally Posted by cali
    In the old TAR forum there is a great thread going titled "Everything you wanted to know..." (something like that Anyway The ATC guys Steve and Dave have been great in there answering Sooooooo, many questions. I'll find the link and post it here for all interested.
    Thanks, Cali. I remember and loved this thread. It was closed which is why I sort of started a new one. I don't remember these particular questions being asked and thought that I would start a new thread to find an answer. Thanks for the link!
    Shaken, not stirred.

See no Hear no Speak no Sweetsour42's Avatar
    would it really matter if u were in buissness or coach? i dont think so
    Shows Im Watching Now TAR 5, BB5, The Assistant, RR X-Treme,
    Shows Im Waiting For RW/RR Battle of the Sexes 2, Survivor: Vanuatu, RW: Philly! whoot whoot!Survivor Whole Seasons on DVD! Supporting Chip and Kim & Charla and Mirna(OH NO!) (TAR 5) Nakomis & Will (ACK!)(BB5) Melissa & Tanika (Why are my faves leavin?)(Assistant) Everyone except JILLIAN!!! AAAH! (RR:X)

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetsour42
    would it really matter if u were in buissness or coach? i dont think so
    Those are the RULES, you can not buy business class.

Watching from Outer Space SpaceCase's Avatar
    OK, I've read the entire closed thread (it took me 3 days, but I learned a *lot* - mostly that I'm not sure how safe I feel flying into Chicago anymore with those jokers trafficking my plane - ), and didn't see my very silly question. Sorry to perpetuate a dying thread, but I'm just curious:

Last week, when the Bowling Moms were stuck in St. Petersburg overnight - could they find a hotel to stay in while they waited? Or were they stuck waiting at the airport? I only ask because they looked rested and faily well-coiffed in the morning when they boarded the flight.
    Outer space is no place for a person of breeding. -Lady Violet Bonham Carter

I'd like to know how long the racers stay at the pit stop? I'm assuming its longer than the 12 hours they show us: (arrive at 11:30 am, leave at 11:30 pm).....

I would think they would need several days to rest up after sleeping in airports and on trains.
    Fabulous Fifty

Want to be green?? Join the Premium Member FORT team. Click for more info!

They stay at the pit stop for exactly 12 hours. You arrive at 4:34 pm, you leave at 4:34 am.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fogey
    Yeah, they stay at the pitstops for exactly 12 hours. That's plenty of time to eat and sleep and even get minor medical care, if necessary.

I'm really THAT Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCase
    Last week, when the Bowling Moms were stuck in St. Petersburg overnight - could they find a hotel to stay in while they waited? Or were they stuck waiting at the airport? I only ask because they looked rested and faily well-coiffed in the morning when they boarded the flight.
    Yep, if they had the $$, they could use it for a hotel. The money they give you at the start of each leg is yours to do what you want with. Unless you finish last in a NEL, then it's yours to give back to Phil...

Quote Originally Posted by kaky
    I'd like to know how long the racers stay at the pit stop? I'm assuming its longer than the 12 hours they show us: (arrive at 11:30 am, leave at 11:30 pm).....
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    They stay at the pit stop for exactly 12 hours. You arrive at 4:34 pm, you leave at 4:34 am.
    Unless the pitstop is a '36'. Most pitstops are exactly as advertised - 12 hours long. (And no that ISN'T enough time for much of anything once they make you do your interviews, you get something to eat, sleep, and allow a half hour to be back at the pitstop to start the next leg.) Every so often, the pitstops are actually 36 hours long. These 36s come unannounced, and are (I assume) to ensure the production folks can get where they need, etc.

Dave
    Last edited by TAR4 ATC Dave; 08-09-2004 at 09:01 PM.

thats cool I never knew about the 36 hour pit stops

Not over yet.....
    what about this last episode with Colin and Christie? Weren't they 12 hours (or more) ahead of the other teams? How did that work?

thanks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast