+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 8/3 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by avie123
    Colin and christie have the right idea using the fast forward. They arrieved at 11:27am the next team arrieved at least 7 hours after them so the will leave at 11:27 pm a few hours after the last teams arrieve.

Just wondering about this.. Has it ever happened before on TAR that a team departs for the next leg even before other teams complete the previous leg?I'm thinking it has occured before but my memory is just not reliable.. anyone can correct me?

Quote Originally Posted by RacheL
    Just wondering about this.. Has it ever happened before on TAR that a team departs for the next leg even before other teams complete the previous leg?I'm thinking it has occured before but my memory is just not reliable.. anyone can correct me?
    In the last few episodes of TAR1, I believe team Guido were about 24 hours behind the first two teams. I don't recall any other times when that occured, though I may be wrong

I believe the Gutsy Grannies were 12-24 hours behind everyone when they were eliminated (TAR 2?)
    Sarcasism Is Intended
    Logic is Not

FORT Regular
    The brothers must go. 'nuff said.

Chips kindness is going to kill them.

Charla proves once again that Mirna is nothing more than an anchor to be dragged around the world.

I hope the moms can get some cash (prostitution perhaps?)

The twins are dumber than a box of hair.

Colin & Christie are kicking butt... stop and crack a smile every once in a while. It won't kill you.

I was gagging during the whole "you're sweet" / "you're sweeter" crap. Ugh. It reminded me of the Seinfeld "schmoopie" bit.

Hey gang,

this is my first TAR that I have watched. I love the show, it is awesome! It seems that Colin and Christie have a pretty unbeatable lead. Though I guess they could be slowed down by a roadblock or something.. but that still wouldn't allow a team to catch up 7 hours on them would it?

Just wondering if you guys think that they can remain in the lead.. as well as provide any examples (from previous races) of big leads vanishing..

thanks, Jebber

Quote Originally Posted by Jebber78
    Hey gang,

this is my first TAR that I have watched. I love the show, it is awesome! It seems that Colin and Christie have a pretty unbeatable lead. Though I guess they could be slowed down by a roadblock or something.. but that still wouldn't allow a team to catch up 7 hours on them would it?

Just wondering if you guys think that they can remain in the lead.. as well as provide any examples (from previous races) of big leads vanishing..

thanks, Jebber
    Jebber, Since we won't know till the start of next Tuesday's show what time everyone actually checked in to the Sphinx we have to do a little guess-timating. But it looks like Colin & Christie checked in sometime around noonish. Charla & Mirna probably checked into the pit stop around 6:30PM or so.

That means that Colin & Christie will be starting the next leg around midnight. If they have a detour or roadblock and the place they have to go to is only open during certain hours (like 9am-9pm) their lead could disappear very, very quickly. Even if the clue instructs them to leave Egypt chances are they will not catch a flight that late at night/early in the morning.

So basically the chances are good that the huge lead they have will probably shrink dramatically if not completely disappear.
    "The Greatest Trick The Devil Ever Pulled Was Convincing The World He Didn't Exist!" --- Verbil Kint, The Usual Suspects

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ctheworld
    Jebber, Since we won't know till the start of next Tuesday's show what time everyone actually checked in to the Sphinx we have to do a little guess-timating. But it looks like Colin & Christie checked in sometime around noonish. Charla & Mirna probably checked into the pit stop around 6:30PM or so.

That means that Colin & Christie will be starting the next leg around midnight. If they have a detour or roadblock and the place they have to go to is only open during certain hours (like 9am-9pm) their lead could disappear very, very quickly. Even if the clue instructs them to leave Egypt chances are they will not catch a flight that late at night/early in the morning.

So basically the chances are good that the huge lead they have will probably shrink dramatically if not completely disappear.
    Yep, i don't think it will even be a roadblock or detour. It will probably just be a route marker, like go to this place, whose hours of operation are 7 am- ??? something like that. Looks they all catch up later in the roadblock.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by pickzora
    As confusing as that puzzle clue was I think it was kinda interesting to provide a clue through a puzzle instead of a clue in a box just telling them where the next damn box was. It puts teams in a struggle "brains against time".

TAR rarely does puzzle clues but it would be interesting if they did more. If I could recall every darn task of every leg of every season I would be able to provide a few examples but darn it.

I do remember in AR1 when the teams arrived at an African village they were given little Eiffel Towers, but that was a no brainer unless you had no idea that you had to go to the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France.

Does anyone here recall any "puzzle clues" or what seemed like it from past AR seasons?
    I, too, like clues which require the racers to use some brain cells. Here are a few "puzzle"-type clues from previous Races:

TAR1
    Leg 4 - Travel by boat to the country represented by a flag (Tunisia)
    Leg 5 - Detour: "Puzzling" or "Listening". {However, since every team chose "Listening" as it was closer, we don't know what "simple puzzle" the other option involved. Looked like some kind of board game, though.}

TAR2
    Leg 8 - Roadblock: The Aussie Slang Walking Tour in Sydney. {One of the most imaginative Roadblocks, imo.}

TAR3
    Leg 8 - Detour: "Count the Money" or "Run the Numbers" (to get the combo to the safe in a bank in Zurich) {One of the better Detours.}
    Leg 9 - Building the Swiss Army Bike at Lake Geneva. {I'm including it since it was sort of like putting together a giant jigsaw puzzle.}
    Leg 10 - Another flag clue (to the Petronas Tower in Malaysia)

TAR4
    Leg 4 - The Picture Puzzle Fast Forward (taken by Tian & Jaree). When assembled, it showed the next Pitstop: the Chateau des Alpilles.
    Leg 13 - The "Happy Valentine's Day + White + White" Riddle at the Sun Devil Stadium in Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by PJO1966
    The brothers must go. 'nuff said.

Chips kindness is going to kill them.

Charla proves once again that Mirna is nothing more than an anchor to be dragged around the world.

I hope the moms can get some cash (prostitution perhaps?)

The twins are dumber than a box of hair.

Colin & Christie are kicking butt... stop and crack a smile every once in a while. It won't kill you.

I was gagging during the whole "you're sweet" / "you're sweeter" crap. Ugh. It reminded me of the Seinfeld "schmoopie" bit.
    Brothers: They just plain suck. Quoting Mirna "They're disGUSTing"

Chip&Kim: They are 1 of the 2 teams i'm rooting for

Charla& Mirna: Another 1 of the 2 teams I'm rooting for

Moms: Thanks for the sick image

Twins: Agree 100%

Colin&Christie: *See signature* I will go on a bloody rampage with scissors if they win.

Brandon&Nicole: "Your sweet" "Your sweeter" "Excuse me while I go gut myself"

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Only one team can use it. If they turn it down it gets offered to the next finisher, and so on.....
    I know only one team can use it, but other teams can try for it, not knowing if another team has taken it. I don't think it has anything to do with turning it down and going to the next finisher, all the teams get the fest foward clue.

+ Reply to Thread