+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 8/3 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by frack
    The fast forward was wasted on Colin and Christie. Basically they used it to bypass the tasks that the other teams completed. That's it. They clocked in at 11 am so they'll start again at 11 pm. Now what is open at 11 at night?

We know Mirna and Charla started the last task at 5:30 so if they finished at 7 pm, they'll start again at 7 am, closer to when businesses will be operating.

It looks like they're still in Egypt, so hopefully they'll be able to take advantage of their huge lead, but it really doesn't look like it. Or CBS is just showing us a clip that will make us think that. :phhht

With only two FF, this wasn't wasted. What tells us that C&C would be in a position to take the next one?

With some smart tickets move, they were able to relax a little. I'm sure that they didn't miss the others for a second when they arrived at the pitstop.

Wouldn't you be happy to a few hours alone to yourselves instead of having either the brothers or Mirna around?

As for their lead, it will vanish away like every other FF lead... no drama here.
    "We didn't underestimate them, they were a lot better than we thought"

Sir Bobby Robson, now ex-Newcastle manager

Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    Since the Pitstop was at the Sphinx (& right next to the pyramids), Colin & Christie didn't miss anything.
    Um, yup - you're right (Sorry, sometimes the blonde goes really deep)
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by frack
    The fast forward was wasted on Colin and Christie. Basically they used it to bypass the tasks that the other teams completed. That's it. They clocked in at 11 am so they'll start again at 11 pm. Now what is open at 11 at night?
    I don't see how the FF was "wasted" on Colin and Christie. Not only were they able to skip the tasks, but they were also able to prevent any of the other teams from taking advantage of it. I would have done the same thing.

Since it looks like it took Charla & Mirna less than 4 hours to get from the Cairo airport to the Sphinx Pitstop, we can estimate that it would have taken Colin & Christie roughly the same amount of time to complete the leg without using the FF (as they probably also would have taken advantage of the "Hump & Ride" Detour option). So, going from the Tower of Cairo at 9:00 a.m., they would've arrived at the Pitstop at, say, noon-ish. So, even without the FF, they would still be leaving on the next leg around midnight, facing whatever "hours of operation" or airport equalizers that lie ahead.

Colin is obviously a very savvy racer, always looking for an edge or an angle he can use to his advantage. I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that he's very familiar with the previous Races, and is therefore aware that their lead can evaporate in an instant. Still, the psychological benefit in being able to take a bit of a "break" from the race (and the other teams) is a reward in itself.

I think this is the biggest FF lead since Frank & Margarita in Leg 7 of TAR1. And the situation is very similiar. Though they were in first place leaving the Pitstop in Italy, F&M nevertheless used the FF and jumped way ahead of the other teams. They arrived at the next Pitstop in India at 8:01 a.m. -- almost 11 hours ahead of the second-place team. Leaving on the next leg, however, they saw their huge lead vanish when the grounds of the Taj Mahal (site of the next Route Marker) were closed until the next morning.

I was wondering wouldn't be a big shock to the body going from really cold Russia to really hot Egypt?

What happened to the winter clothes and boots? Does TAR provide them, do the racers buy them then toss them? Are the racers given a list of what they should bring with them, if so does anybody know what it says and can they post it?

Although I enjoyed the preview of next week's episode I wish that CBS had not informed me that Colin and Christie's lead was lost. We could have spent a week speculating on it. We, the viewing audience, got let down again. Sometimes half the fun is in not knowing.

The scenery last night was incredible. I'm glad some of the teams were able to pause and reflect on the beauty and history of Egypt, and how fortunate they are to be able to experience it. Wasn't it Ferris Bueller who said that life moves pretty fast and that you should take a moment to enjoy it?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by QuebecToon
    As for their lead, it will vanish away like every other FF lead... no drama here.

Totally agree here. It's never like it seems on this show, there is always a dogpile for everyone to catch up to.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    I was wondering wouldn't be a big shock to the body going from really cold Russia to really hot Egypt?

What happened to the winter clothes and boots? Does TAR provide them, do the racers buy them then toss them? Are the racers given a list of what they should bring with them, if so does anybody know what it says and can they post it?
    The racers must bring their own clothes, they must be prepared for anything.

Colin and Christie did arrive around 11:30 Am. Charla and Mirna probably arrived 6:30-7pm, guessing their horse ride was about 1 hour and walking to the pit stop. That is only 7 hour lead. Most likely there will be a closed till morning where Mirna and Charla catch up. Later they all bunch up together.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    I don't see how the FF was "wasted" on Colin and Christie. Not only were they able to skip the tasks, but they were also able to prevent any of the other teams from taking advantage of it. I would have done the same thing.

I bet a few teams wouldn't have minded a FF in the caviar episode.

There's always a risk with the tasks: getting lost, injuries or tensions boiling over from a difficult task. They could have pulled a "Kami & Karli" at the puzzle and wander for hours while the others caught up.
    "We didn't underestimate them, they were a lot better than we thought"

Sir Bobby Robson, now ex-Newcastle manager

I think that the main thing Colin and Christie gained from using the FF, was preventing someone else from using it.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

FORT Fan
    Aww....Detour is supposed to be a choice between two tasks isn't it? :rolleyes

+ Reply to Thread